FIFA 17

ajwffc

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, dayman said:

Anyone done FUT draft? Giving it a go this afternoon

Done it offline on Professional last week (got another one to redeem at some point). Won every game by about 4 or 5 goals, think I'll be upping the difficulty next time...

Away to Man City in a top of the league clash and 1-0 down in stoppage time. Get a penalty, which Ozil sclaffs off the ground; keeper has time to dive the wrong way, then pick himself back up to save it. Seriously ruining my enjoyment of the game.

Not sure if it's just me, an issue from FIFA 16 (which I never owned), or new to this game...but I'm finding it bloody impossible to tackle the computer. I might just be shit, but I'm only on professional. I used to play 15 on world class!

Edit: it might be because tactical defending is on by default actually, I must admit I've never quite moved away from legacy...

I don't quite understand people struggling with penalties so much. Just do the penalty training and once you've taken 2 or 3 in a row you should be used to it.

If in doubt press R3 (PS4) to bring up the hints. This also puts an arrow at your players feet which shows the direction you're aiming, aim towards a corner and hold shoot for a couple of seconds. Job done.

If anything, it's probably a good thing they've made penalties a little more difficult considering goalkeepers can dive the right way, but if it's not the right kind of dive (ie they're trying to reach the bottom corner but the ball isn't that close to the post) they don't react to save poor shots, so it's always favoured the striker anyway.

12 hours ago, grumswall said:

What packs did you get for that?

13 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Done it offline on Professional last week (got another one to redeem at some point). Won every game by about 4 or 5 goals, think I'll be upping the difficulty next time...

I did the same, won every game convincingly on Professional. 

Got a gold pack and a mega gold pack, with f**k all in them.. Not worth the 15000 coins entry.

37 minutes ago, dayman said:

I did the same, won every game convincingly on Professional. 

Got a gold pack and a mega gold pack, with f**k all in them.. Not worth the 15000 coins entry.

For the draft i was reading it doesn't matter to what level you play offline you get the same packs as prizes.  So to absolutely guarantee i got prizes i did semi pro and got gold pack and mega gold pack.  so you got same on professional so it wont matter

Burkes fitness is shocking he's piratically deed by the end of a game for me lol

Aye he's an impact sub for me like. It's either Snodgrass or Stewart starting with him coming on in the last 30 minutes or so. Can't overstate how good Scott Brown is in midfield on this game. Closes everything down.

Any tips regarding CH? I'm pretty much fucked there once I get to the higher divisions.

Souttar and Anderson win every ball in the air but if they are being directly run at they are hopelessly slow.

31 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Aye he's an impact sub for me like. It's either Snodgrass or Stewart starting with him coming on in the last 30 minutes or so. Can't overstate how good Scott Brown is in midfield on this game. Closes everything down.

Any tips regarding CH? I'm pretty much fucked there once I get to the higher divisions.

Souttar and Anderson win every ball in the air but if they are being directly run at they are hopelessly slow.

I usually just use my Scots squad in the easier offline games.  maybe the fifa system will come into play into the higher divisions one counter attack goal win haha

Just started another offline draft there, managed to get Ronaldo and Messi, went for Professional though again rather than World Class.

9-0 against Hearts, 7-1 against FC Twente, and 3-0 against Aston Villa*. That Villa game was one of the more annoying ones I've had, where no pass goes where I want it, and their defence was all over everything. Anyway, play that last game later on and hopefully get something decent from the packs.

* - Just noticed the difficulty's been bumped up to World Class, would explain why it suddenly got harder :lol:

7 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

In previous years, when I had a Scottish side, I ended up having to use Scottish Premiership centre halves like Van Djik, as the Scottish ones were shite. 

Still had 100 Chemistry due to them sharing a league with the full backs.

Archived