FIFA 17

ajwffc

12 hours ago, We Are Pars Fans! said:

Same. Used to get to div 2 before struggling. Struggling to get above div 4 this year

Likewise. I had never used custom tactics or player instructions until FIFA 17. Now I find them very important. 

I'm thinking of selling out and going for a real fast-paced counter attacking team. I just played 5 games with high speed and passing but with pressure, aggression and width low and I won very comfortably. Into division 2 now but again hitting the wall and just managing to stay in the league. Player quality is certainly a factor here as teams high press a lot which would suit a rapid front three. Almost bypassing the midfield. 4 defenders sitting back with 1 cdm protecting them. 3 atrackers staying forward with support from 2 midfielders. Almost like a 5-0-5 at times but it's working really well. 

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The different objectives definitely keep career mode more interesting. Anyone actually been given the dunt for not achieving them? Second season with Plymouth I've been given 'keep player salary growth under 20%' which has gone out the window signing Rashford on loan!

Also, M'Baye Niang is a c*nt, transfer request in '16 and again in '17! 

I got an advantage instead of a penalty in Seasons last night. Naturally I didn't score. Has that ever happened to anyone before? I couldn't believe it, although admittedly I've yet to get my head around the new penalties and usually miss.

I had my usual cruise upto Division 1 but haven't managed to win it yet. I even got relegated, but came straight back up after losing my first two games in Division 2. Definitely a bit tougher, I've tried quite a few different formations which I don't normally do. Try as I might though, I can't plug the gap between centre midfield and central defence (I'm Arsenal, at the moment). 

Not had a console in a while but bought an Xbox One last week and played fifa for the first time at the weekend, first 2 games on seasons in League 10 (if thats where it starts?) I got humped twice with Liverpool.. switched to Celtic and got matched against Celtic and scraped a 1-0 win. Could be a long way to Division 1 :whistle

ETA - Started the UT and have a team of nobodies, not really sure how it works. I played against the computer in some league 2 challenge and won 8-1.. can you change the difficulty level for UT or does it just get more difficult as you go on? Does it take forever to build a half decent team without putting actual cash in to it?

The objectives are pretty annoying imo, I'm top of league one with Sheffield United, which is in line with my objectives, and I've also signed ex-amount of youth players that they asked me to, but every couple of days I get an e-mail moaning I've not made £8.5 million in profit, which is pretty much impossible unless I sell my whole starting XI.

Just now, irvine_buddie said:

What is the weekend qualifier?

Ultimate Team. As far as I can tell, win a tournament during the week to qualify for the weekend league, where you can then compete to win big prizes. Each tournament has different entry requirements.

I've not made it into a weekend league yet :thumbsdown

Just now, dayman said:

Ultimate Team. As far as I can tell, win a tournament during the week to qualify for the weekend league, where you can then compete to win big prizes. Each tournament has different entry requirements.

I've not made it into a weekend league yet :thumbsdown

Ah.. so you need a team of entirely one nationality?

4 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

Ah.. so you need a team of entirely one nationality?

For this one yeah, but it expires on friday morning. Last one was Maximum 3 leagues or minimum 9 leagues in your starting XI I think. 

3 minutes ago, We Are Pars Fans! said:

The new POTM SBC is insane. Will cost around 500k coins. Who the f**k can afford that bar youtubers who are paid to play the game?

If Martial wasn't so good in this game I'd do that. Have about 800k spare. Was moaning before but got serious pack luck. 

Struggling in FUT Champions as expected having only had the game last two days. 5 wins in 15 games so far. changed my team around now have a better set up side. just defenders arent the best.

Most players Park the bus and try exploit pace up top which is annoying but has been the FIFA way for years.

Personally struggling to score players seem to always either shoot straight at keeper or shoot wide. the amount of 1 on 1s missed. This is with all the so called Assisted controls on which seems to make the game worse.

2 minutes ago, Yonas said:

Struggling in FUT Champions as expected having only had the game last two days. 5 wins in 15 games so far. changed my team around now have a better set up side. just defenders arent the best.

Most players Park the bus and try exploit pace up top which is annoying but has been the FIFA way for years.

Personally struggling to score players seem to always either shoot straight at keeper or shoot wide. the amount of 1 on 1s missed. This is with all the so called Assisted controls on which seems to make the game worse.

Will give it ago and see how I get on.

I bet I dont score everytime as I don't have Ronaldo etc. 

I have Timo Werner and Kevin Volland with Gotze CAM Bastian Schwinstigier and Renato Sanches with Seven Bender completing the Midfield. Back four are Nagatoma, Rochiella (sp Italian Inter defender) soe Italian Centre back from Werder Breman and Ginter. Marchetti in goals

changed the shooting to Semi Assisted and seems to work alot better for me now. Ball is actually going where I aim.

Finished Silver 2 in FUT Champions over the weekend so hoping for some good rewards in the packs. Didnt have the best of time as many people have OP teams in the competition.

Archived