Bonnyrigg Rose 2016-17

bravehearts dad

Total shambolic performance from
Roy today the rose are a long ball team with so many physical lads it works so fair play to them they out muscled us and that's the story of the game we couldn't match up and paid the price

The rose won not because they are a long ball team - they aren't - and not because they are physical - they're no more physical than any other good junior team.

The Rose won because they won all the battles all over the pitch and controlled the game. They took the game by the scruff of the neck and snuffed out a very good KRR - the rose didn't let them play.

Bonnyrigg deserve credit for that, not cheap digs.

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our keeper made a meal of the first goal for me. That early goal rattled us and seemed to put us off big time but that's the way it goes.

Everyone is allowed an opinion he is allowed his but rest assured most Rob Roy fans know Bonnyrigg are a good team they are physical but that's all apart of the game they are also one of the best teams in juniors they have proven that.

2 hours ago, A.M said:

There is no doubt a slope on the park from the enclosure side to the dugout side but I can assure you theres not a lot of bumps and runs on it.

I can only say that if you are standing in the enclosure, there is a definite downward gradient toward the far touch line.There is an even bigger slope from the goal mouth down toward the right corner flag. Add to this the slope from the centre spot to the far corner of the park.

A ball played with a bit of pace down that wing just flies - a player is never going to catch it.

So the point I was making in my earlier post is that it is hard to accept that a team who train and play regularly on a park like that doesn't hold a definite advantage over a visiting team who have never played there before.

And by the way, we've played Hibs before as well!

Easter Road is another stupid sloping park!:angry:

image002.jpg.d828d8241ba42b839b5e53468841f8a2.jpg

Total shambolic performance from
Roy today the rose are a long ball team with so many physical lads it works so fair play to them they out muscled us and that's the story of the game we couldn't match up and paid the price

That's disrespectful to Bonnyrigg and a load of utter bollocks to be honest... In Adam Nelson, Bonnyrigg have one of the best midfielders in the league, classy player. And much of Bonnyrigg's play goes through him.

They don't train on the park but I can see what you mean by home advantage, but most teams have that ?

The pitch has a slope at different points and was soft in areas but nothing major and perfectly fine overall.

I get what the guy is saying Bonnyrigg are used to playing on it and that's the advantage of a home tie no big deal you'll take it all day long .

Easter Road doesn't have a slope any more, and hibs didn't play there in 1878.

I can only say that if you are standing in the enclosure, there is a definite downward gradient toward the far touch line.There is an even bigger slope from the goal mouth down toward the right corner flag. Add to this the slope from the centre spot to the far corner of the park.
A ball played with a bit of pace down that wing just flies - a player is never going to catch it.
So the point I was making in my earlier post is that it is hard to accept that a team who train and play regularly on a park like that doesn't hold a definite advantage over a visiting team who have never played there before.

15 minutes ago, The Boy from Nowhere said:

Your team beat Penicuik who have the biggest sloped pitch in our league. Depending on the way a player falls, he could go from the top end of the pitch, and stop in the goal area at the bottom!

You never complained of Penicuik having an advantage!

rob roy were  poor, created next to nothing and to be quite honest constant diving and aggressive  harassing of referee was  the only things I will remember them for

Our keeper made a meal of the first goal for me. That early goal rattled us and seemed to put us off big time but that's the way it goes.
Everyone is allowed an opinion he is allowed his but rest assured most Rob Roy fans know Bonnyrigg are a good team they are physical but that's all apart of the game they are also one of the best teams in juniors they have proven that.

True, I thought your keeper looked nervy & my feeling was if Bonnyrigg could hold to half time KRR would find it hard up the slope and against the wind a goal down.

I kept feeling KRR would have a spell on top, but it barely lasted 5 mins.

You're clearly otherwise a very good side, who just didn't show it today. All the best for the rest of the season.

Your team beat Penicuik who have the biggest sloped pitch in our league. Depending on the way a player falls, he could go from the top end of the pitch, and stop in the goal area at the bottom!
You never complained of Penicuik having an advantage!

I did think the Bonnyrigg pitch had a far bigger slope maybe just me and hey we don't even have a pitch never mind one with or without a slope!

rob roy were  poor, created next to nothing and to be quite honest constant diving and aggressive  harassing of referee was  the only things I will remember them for

And certain Rob Roy fans will remember Bonnyrigg for the slope and that's it [emoji28][emoji1]

59 minutes ago, A.M said:

They don't train on the park but I can see what you mean by home advantage, but most teams have that ?

You don't a.m. when you have sold your home to developers.It's  just no fair this hame team malarkey. :)

Archived