Bonnyrigg Rose 2016-17

bravehearts dad

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, wingnut said:

Your getting mixed up wae the Ochills,same for both teams on the day.

No, I don't think you can quite say that.:oops

If it is your home ground, then you are playing on it virtually every second week.

You're quickly going to get to know all the bumps and runs.

And there a few on New Dundas Park.

It's definitely a big advantage - probably worth about two goals of a start! :bag

BTW I notice, reading your stats for the current season that the only game you have lost at home so far was to Kelty Hearts on the first game of the season.

That's got to tell you something.

6 minutes ago, The Boy from Nowhere said:

If it is your home ground, then you are playing on it virtually every second week.

It's definitely a big advantage - probably worth about two goals of a start! :bag

BTW I notice, reading your stats for the current season that the only game you have lost at home so far was to Kelty Hearts on the first game of the season.

Aye.

35 minutes ago, The Boy from Nowhere said:

What a lot of tosh! 

What it's got to tell you is that Bonnyrigg are a good team! They won the East Super League last season with almost identical results at home and away. 23 out of 30 league wins last year and 13 out of 16 wins this season.

Played Dumbarton off the park at NDP - drawing 0-0, but good enough to go and beat them 1-0 away. So for and home and away matches, results hardly differ these days!

It wouldn't surprise me if Bonnyrigg go and win the Scottish Cup this year, & could still win the League for 2nd year running. Maybe Kelty has already done enough, but if the Big Rosewin their remaining games, the title is theirs. Their undoing, could come down to being too successful in the 3 cups they entered this season, & playing 3 games a week towards the end of season.

KRR got beat by a good and better team today! Cheerie!

Poor from us today probably one of our worst performances of the season  combination off day for most of our players and bonnyrigg being a tough well drilled good outfit. Good luck to bonnyrigg in the semis was also a decent crowd just a shame we never showed what kind of team we really are but that's football.

Fixtures​ are piling up a bit now. Could be 27 games to go but I doubt the players will be bothered!

On the game i thought KRR barely laid a glove on the Rose . Bonnyrigg mixed the game up , fought hard and knocked the ball about when they could

It tells us Bonnyrigg are a bloody good side

I thought KRR were a very poor team and if that is the top of the west league then they are well out of their depth. The Rose for me never broke sweat we could have scored more goals. Rose goalkeeper had 1 save to make from a shot directly at him. Don't think I have seen as many soft bookings as there was today, it was unbelievable Jeff. Well done the Rose and hopefully a semi final against the wee Rose in the semi.

We were poor on the day.

At all levels of football teams have off days it happens.

If you think we have performed like that every week then you are mistaken.

A team bottom of our league beat the runaway leaders of the east league in the Scottish in a one off game, we beat said bottom of the league west team 7-2 over two league games.

Football is a funny game .

I thought KRR were a very poor team and if that is the top of the west league then they are well out of their depth. The Rose for me never broke sweat we could have scored more goals. Rose goalkeeper had 1 save to make from a shot directly at him. Don't think I have seen as many soft bookings as there was today, it was unbelievable Jeff. Well done the Rose and hopefully a semi final against the wee Rose in the semi.

Total shambolic performance from
Roy today the rose are a long ball team with so many physical lads it works so fair play to them they out muscled us and that's the story of the game we couldn't match up and paid the price

10 minutes ago, rednblack said:

We were poor on the day.

At all levels of football teams have off days it happens.

If you think we have performed like that every week then you are mistaken.

A team bottom of our league beat the runaway leaders of the east league in the Scottish in a one off game, we beat said bottom of the league west team 7-2 over two games.

Talbot beat said rob roy team over two legs of a Scottish cup semi final. Who's  the daddy!  :)

Fixed that for you.

Archived