St Mirren v Morton SPFL Championship 6/8/16

After a few cans tonight in gettin eight up for the game tomorrow , dont know why but a feel we are gonna get a win up there tomorrow [emoji120]

You're welcome to join us in Bankhouse on Gilmour St pre game[emoji106]

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got an absolutely horrid feeling about this. St Mirren 0-2 Morton, with Quitongo scoring then scaling the stanchion behind the goal in celebration to honour his auld da.

Looking forward to it nevertheless. Feel an attendance under 6000 would be poor for an opening day derby, 3 o'clock on a Saturday with the weather to be decent. I'd imagine there will be a significant proportion sold on the day though.

Don't understand the pessimism from some saints fans - we got the best squad we've had for years, had a decent pre season and got goals throughout the team. Got a feeling it's going to be an entertaining season - can see lots of high scoring games. Obviously going to be 0-0 now....

COYS

Don't understand the pessimism from some saints fans - we got the best squad we've had for years, had a decent pre season and got goals throughout the team. Got a feeling it's going to be an entertaining season - can see lots of high scoring games. Obviously going to be 0-0 now....

COYS

But Morton have had a better pre-season than us, we look soft in midfeild, the only actually half decent team we played scudded us, and the hoodoo has to break sometime... I have to say I have a bad feeling about this one.

As well as Quitongo played in the League Cup, he's an 18 year old who's had two starts in his career, with all his previous appearances from the bench being as a winger rather than a centre forward. His start to the season is encouraging, but the idea that he's going to be putting St. Mirren to the sword in his first league start seems a bit overly optimistic.

6 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

No chance. Top of the League at 4:45 :)

You're right, you've no chance. Dunno about top of the league though I'd settle for taking 2 or 3 off you.

Had to laugh at someone calling a thousand folk a poor away attendance.

Not a poor away attendance, especially at this level but in the context of what the Derby crowds used to be ect.

Then again I remember Ayr,Raith and Airdrie bringing big away supports to Love Street late 90s.

Yeah think we will lose today. The run will come to an end at some point and can see it being today. It's been good but now it's your turn for some Derby glory Ton fans.

0-2

Archived