Admission Prices /Season Tickets Championship

Do I think Easter Road, a stadium in the capital, with much better facilities than any other stadium in the league, and more than half of the top league, should be charging more than the likes of Palmerston, Starks or East End..? Yes

That's my opinion though but Monkey seems to have taken a dislike to my opinion and is trying to make things Personal by suggesting that I'm "utterly brainless".

That's not what you said the first time though. It's not remotely the same argument. You said it was fine for Easter Road to charge more as it was closer and Edinburgh is a better day out than Dumfries, neither of which is remotely related to the quality of the actual stadium.

How are the parking facilities at Easter Road incidentally?

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure about adults but when they announced their new system they said they would have to supply concession tickets to other clubs in advance as those simply won't be available on the day of the game.

Not sure if everyone has picked up on that. From what I can see Morton are proposing a flat £20 walk up price for every single entry on matchday. Whether that person be 6 or 80. If you want the discounted adult price or any sort of concession you need to buy it in advance. Logically if they are going to send concessions to other clubs they should also send adults. It's all going to be a complete pain though. Basically circa 200 people are going to have to get themselves to Palmerston to get tickets in advance for an away game at Morton, not all of whom necessarily attend home games if they are based in central Scotland.

Aye, I was wondering if that would be the case.  I don't have a big problem with it, as long as Morton supply the tickets to the clubs with a few weeks to spare then it'll give everyone plenty of time (and probably 1 or 2 home games) to pick tickets up.  

Palmerston steel, concrete and plastic is inferior to Edinburgh steel,concrete and plastic imo

Oi!  I designed it and it's every bit as good as anything at Easter Road.  And it's in nicer colours.

Not sure about adults but when they announced their new system they said they would have to supply concession tickets to other clubs in advance as those simply won't be available on the day of the game.

Not sure if everyone has picked up on that. From what I can see Morton are proposing a flat £20 walk up price for every single entry on matchday. Whether that person be 6 or 80. If you want the discounted adult price or any sort of concession you need to buy it in advance. Logically if they are going to send concessions to other clubs they should also send adults. It's all going to be a complete pain though. Basically circa 200 people are going to have to get themselves to Palmerston to get tickets in advance for an away game at Morton, not all of whom necessarily attend home games if they are based in central Scotland.

Agree with you.  It's a ridiculous system.  I've got round it by buying an early bird season ticket that works out at under £14 a game, but the best bit is it's not a numbered voucher system; instead you get 18 tickets that get you into any game, and you can share them.  In theory you could get together with 17 mates and buy a season ticket and the 18 of you could use it to get in to the Morton-Queens game - you lot would have to walk along to the other end of the main stand to get to the away end, but it would work out a lot cheaper.

If they had a system where you could buy a ticket online it would make things a lot simpler - but you still have to buy your ticket before match day to get the £2 off.

Oi! I designed it and it's every bit as good as anything at Easter Road. And it's in nicer colours.

Well a few Hibees tell me it's £6 pp less quality. Although I think they may be telling porkies to cover their embarrassent at getting screwed by the ones they trust.

Aye, I was wondering if that would be the case.  I don't have a big problem with it, as long as Morton supply the tickets to the clubs with a few weeks to spare then it'll give everyone plenty of time (and probably 1 or 2 home games) to pick tickets up.  

Going by previous years that won't happen although there appears to be more of an effort put into the commercial side of things at the moment.

I think the pricing we've announced was done to push supporters to buy season tickets instead of buying a ticket every game. There's no option to buy outside of Greenock though, so anyone out of town that might not know if they can make the game until the last minute will have to pay the full 20 quid which is a bit steep. 

If Morton send tickets along to East End for me and my old man to buy, we'll probably go. If they don't, I doubt an OAP will be paying £20 to get in and unless a mate fancies going to help with petrol money I doubt I'll make it either. As said above, I'm not sure charging different amounts for the same stanard of accommodation for different fans is allowed so I'd imagine they'll have to do something.

Agree with you.  It's a ridiculous system.  I've got round it by buying an early bird season ticket that works out at under £14 a game, but the best bit is it's not a numbered voucher system; instead you get 18 tickets that get you into any game, and you can share them.  In theory you could get together with 17 mates and buy a season ticket and the 18 of you could use it to get in to the Morton-Queens game - you lot would have to walk along to the other end of the main stand to get to the away end, but it would work out a lot cheaper.

If they had a system where you could buy a ticket online it would make things a lot simpler - but you still have to buy your ticket before match day to get the £2 off.

It's clearly designed to save on hassle and staffing issues on matchdays. If every entry is £20 then change isn't an issue and turnstile clicks should reconcile easily and it's far less likely you'll have several hundred people trying to claim they are younger or older than they are or are "students" using a years old matriculation card. In that respect it's not "ridiculous". It may go a long way to addressing problems all football clubs have. However, it alienates impulse attendees and increases the hassle for both supporters who have to go out of their way to go somewhere (whether it be Cappielow or somewhere else) to buy tickets before match day and indeed opponents who are going to have to organise ticket sales twice a year for visits to Morton. People will need to make decisions about attendance before they know the weather or possibly even before they know shift patterns or have the money to pay for it.

I would imagine it will hit away attendances particularly (or exiles in your position not so committed to going regularly). It could backfire massively in attendances. Or it may lead to a surge in season tickets which is clearly what they'd like. If it works then more clubs will go down that route because control of matchday sales is an ongoing problem.

I read I think that they are doing a 9 match half season ticket too for those who can't get every week. If that's the case then you'd only need 8 mates, not 17. Very few people will organise themselves to do something like that for an away game though. There aren't that many people absolutely committed to attending every away game that they'd be sure to be going to that one.

It's clearly designed to save on hassle and staffing issues on matchdays. If every entry is £20 then change isn't an issue and turnstile clicks should reconcile easily and it's far less likely you'll have several hundred people trying to claim they are younger or older than they are or are "students" using a years old matriculation card. In that respect it's not "ridiculous". It may go a long way to addressing problems all football clubs have. However, it alienates impulse attendees and increases the hassle for both supporters who have to go out of their way to go somewhere (whether it be Cappielow or somewhere else) to buy tickets before match day and indeed opponents who are going to have to organise ticket sales twice a year for visits to Morton. People will need to make decisions about attendance before they know the weather or possibly even before they know shift patterns or have the money to pay for it.

I would imagine it will hit away attendances particularly (or exiles in your position not so committed to going regularly). It could backfire massively in attendances. Or it may lead to a surge in season tickets which is clearly what they'd like. If it works then more clubs will go down that route because control of matchday sales is an ongoing problem.

I read I think that they are doing a 9 match half season ticket too for those who can't get every week. If that's the case then you'd only need 8 mates, not 17. Very few people will organise themselves to do something like that for an away game though. There aren't that many people absolutely committed to attending every away game that they'd be sure to be going to that one.

I wasn't being overly serious about the early bird season ticket suggestion for Queens supporters...

I won't make every home league games but I should make about half of them and my son about the same number, so getting a season ticket and splitting the tickets between us makes sense - slightly cheaper than a half season ticket and a half student season ticket.  Next year I'll be a concession before the start of the season but for a concession I think you need photo ID and can't share the tickets, so probably still better to go with the shared adult season ticket.  Â£14 a game is pretty cheap.

Going by previous years that won't happen although there appears to be more of an effort put into the commercial side of things at the moment.

What won't happen, the tickets sent out a few weeks before the game or away teams won't receive tickets at all?  

Clubs can charge what they like and I'll decide whether I'll turn up and pay it. With the prices I have seen, these clubs will continue to have empty seats where my kids and I could be sitting and paying them something. Rather than nothing.

It's one of the things that has been fundamentally wrong with Scottish football for decades.

Well said.

Clubs can charge what they like and I'll decide whether I'll turn up and pay it. With the prices I have seen, these clubs will continue to have empty seats where my kids and I could be sitting and paying them something. Rather than nothing.

It's one of the things that has been fundamentally wrong with Scottish football for decades.

High 5 ✋

The Sons have a good offer just now, Under-16 season ticket for £90, a £5er per home game.

Schools & youth clubs can also apply for blocks of free tickets too. Good effort from the club in trying to attract local youngsters.

The Sons have a good offer just now, Under-16 season ticket for £90, a £5er per home game.

Schools & youth clubs can also apply for blocks of free tickets too. Good effort from the club in trying to attract local youngsters.

Agreed, although from what I hear the uptake of these U16 tickets is extremely poor.

£20 is a fucking disgrace for the absolute shed that is Cappielow.

How on earth are they justifying that one?

Mostly because it's £18 if you buy a ticket so if you turn up and are asked to pay £20 with this knowledge that would be your own fault. 

£18 pounds is still ridiculous for that shithole, why is there no concession prices either?

Away fans aren't realistically going to be buying tickets in advance.

That being said, won't bother me much as they can ram that firmly up their ring.

Concessions are being looked into, basically because Cappielow have never asked for proof of concession and are a bit fed up with that being abused. More info to follow. 

Apart from anything else Cappielow is the way it is and without some huge outside investment or a deal with a supermarket for the land, which we just won't get, it's going to stay that way. Hopefully we can get some big crowds into the WDE instead of being cramped up in the corner of the main stand but Morton are just now waking up to charge more or less the going rate in the division. 

The example put forward was that last season a father taking his son to Cappielow was paying £17 with the child going free. £17 for a parent and child is not that bad IMO. The same father and son at Easter Road would be £22 adult and £12 child, therefore £34. Should that really be case, paying double when the 2 teams are in the same league? Probably not. 

Archived