Admission Prices /Season Tickets Championship

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see the problem here? Why would Hibs care what around 200 away supporters think compared to the 9500-10k that'll be there next season?

How do you know who'll be playing in the championship next season?

Hibs are a big club in a middle team sized league, as opposed to us being a wee team in a middle sized club. We ve both got reasons to push our luck with ticket prices.

10k is the highest in the league by a mile :lol: what else do you expect? We're on par with Aberdeen so far who have just finished 2nd in the premiership for season tickets sold. Poor trolling from you.

We're probably 'on a par' with the likes of St Johnstone, Inverness, Hamilton and Kilmarnock. Should we charge top 6 Premiership prices as well? Having a larger support than the rest of the league doesn't automatically qualify you to charge ludicrous prices.

The Hibs fans' arrogance on this thread has been embarrassing to say the least, saying things like "the club shouldn't care what other fans think because they don't matter" is cringeworthy at best. 

I paid £10 to watch the 2016 Scottish Cup winners win the 2016 Scottish Cup Final. Probably the best value for anything in history.

Yer in for a shock when Hibs want you to pay £22 to see Ayr and Dumbarton visit ER then

Utterly brainless? Because you don't agree with someone's opinion? :lol:

I am not implying anything of the sort.

Well no, that is exactly what the crux of your argument was. And its ludicrous whether it's us or Ross County. The idea that its fine for closer grounds to charge you more is frankly laughable.

£20 gate prices or £18 if tickets bought in advance.

Is that allowed?

I think the shitness of Cappielow is often exaggerated, and it's doubtful a trip will overlap with me being up north so I'm not fussed either way. Just seems like it's the sort of thing that would break a rule somewhere.

This will be the ninth consecutive season that £20 is the PATG price.

Nine seasons ago that would've been expensive as fuuuuuck.

You're either a dirty Jambo midden or still upset that we utterly guffed you and sent you down in 2012 with one of the worst sides in our history :lol:

2012 was a pretty abject season, we were down waaay before ER.

Well no, that is exactly what the crux of your argument was. And its ludicrous whether it's us or Ross County. The idea that its fine for closer grounds to charge you more is frankly laughable.

Do I think Easter Road, a stadium in the capital, with much better facilities than any other stadium in the league, and more than half of the top league, should be charging more than the likes of Palmerston, Starks or East End..? Yes

That's my opinion though but Monkey seems to have taken a dislike to my opinion and is trying to make things Personal by suggesting that I'm "utterly brainless".

Do I think Easter Road, a stadium in the capital, with much better facilities than any other stadium in the league, and more than half of the top league, should be charging more than the likes of Palmerston, Starks or East End..? Yes.

That's a different argument. It's still one I don't agree with because I don't see what a covered seat behind the goal at Easter Road offers, that a covered seat alongside the pitch at Palmerston doesn't (and even that leaves aside the fact that Hibs fans generally get a choice between sitting and standing at Palmerston).

At least however, your above argument is legitimate enough and can be supported as well as challenged. What SD and I objected to however, was your contention that it was fine for Hibs to charge more, because you'd need to put less of Asda's petrol in your car to get there.

If you now wish to retract that contemptible rubbish, then it's all good.

Clubs can charge what they like and I'll decide whether I'll turn up and pay it. With the prices I have seen, these clubs will continue to have empty seats where my kids and I could be sitting and paying them something. Rather than nothing.

It's one of the things that has been fundamentally wrong with Scottish football for decades.

£20 gate prices or £18 if tickets bought in advance. 

Apologies if this has been answered but I couldn't be arsed sifting through Gaz/Hibs chat to find the answer, but will £18 tickets be available for away fans? I.e. will Morton be supplying them to the other clubs in advance of the game?

We're probably 'on a par' with the likes of St Johnstone, Inverness, Hamilton and Kilmarnock. Should we charge top 6 Premiership prices as well? Having a larger support than the rest of the league doesn't automatically qualify you to charge ludicrous prices.

The Hibs fans' arrogance on this thread has been embarrassing to say the least, saying things like "the club shouldn't care what other fans think because they don't matter" is cringeworthy at best.

Hardly arrogance. That's like saying we shouldn't have appointed Lennon because of what other clubs fans think. Why should we give a f**k what supporters of irrelevant clubs think? Hibs should be irrelevant to your club too when they're deciding the prices they're going to charge when facing us. If they want to charge us £22 too then so be it. Youre paying to watch your club play football; it's not something your being forced to do.

Apologies if this has been answered but I couldn't be arsed sifting through Gaz/Hibs chat to find the answer, but will £18 tickets be available for away fans? I.e. will Morton be supplying them to the other clubs in advance of the game?

Not sure about adults but when they announced their new system they said they would have to supply concession tickets to other clubs in advance as those simply won't be available on the day of the game.

Not sure if everyone has picked up on that. From what I can see Morton are proposing a flat £20 walk up price for every single entry on matchday. Whether that person be 6 or 80. If you want the discounted adult price or any sort of concession you need to buy it in advance. Logically if they are going to send concessions to other clubs they should also send adults. It's all going to be a complete pain though. Basically circa 200 people are going to have to get themselves to Palmerston to get tickets in advance for an away game at Morton, not all of whom necessarily attend home games if they are based in central Scotland.

Archived