Admission Prices /Season Tickets Championship

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Sons have a good offer just now, Under-16 season ticket for £90, a £5er per home game.

Schools & youth clubs can also apply for blocks of free tickets too. Good effort from the club in trying to attract local youngsters.

I personally think this is a bit much, queens charge £90 for 16-21 and only £18 for under 16s

I don't actually mind Cappilow as a venue GiGi, especially when we're allowed to stand/sit at the WDE (as we did when winning the league under Jim McIntyre) or get to stand on the terracing opposite the stand as we did on one occasion a few years ago. Having no legroom in the stand is bad enough; being told to sit down by stewards (once before the match had even kicked off) just adds to the general annoyance.

Not sure about adults but when they announced their new system they said they would have to supply concession tickets to other clubs in advance as those simply won't be available on the day of the game.

Not sure if everyone has picked up on that. From what I can see Morton are proposing a flat £20 walk up price for every single entry on matchday. Whether that person be 6 or 80. If you want the discounted adult price or any sort of concession you need to buy it in advance. Logically if they are going to send concessions to other clubs they should also send adults. It's all going to be a complete pain though. Basically circa 200 people are going to have to get themselves to Palmerston to get tickets in advance for an away game at Morton, not all of whom necessarily attend home games if they are based in central Scotland.

I'm sorry but this idea is the most stupid I have heard in a long time. If they are looking away fans to pre purchase tickets they better give several weeks for fans to buy it. I ain't leaving central scotland to go to starks park unless I'm going to a game. What if I get a day of work last minute or change my mind. Absolutely foolish if you ask me. The ground is a hole anyway and the stewards are arses.

I'm sorry but this idea is the most stupid I have heard in a long time. If they are looking away fans to pre purchase tickets they better give several weeks for fans to buy it. I ain't leaving central scotland to go to starks park unless I'm going to a game. What if I get a day of work last minute or change my mind. Absolutely foolish if you ask me. The ground is a hole anyway and the stewards are arses.

If you get a day off work or decide to go late, you pay £20 entry. In the same way that if you decide to jump on a train to Inverness instead, you're not going to get the advance fare at a lower price. While I can definitely see some disadvantages among the many changes made to Morton's pricing policy, not earning the approval of forever torn-faced Raith fans is of no concern whatsoever. Every year you bitch and whine about something and nobody fucking cares whether you bring your usual, pathetic following or not.

If you get a day off work or decide to go late, you pay £20 entry. In the same way that if you decide to jump on a train to Inverness instead, you're not going to get the advance fare at a lower price. While I can definitely see some disadvantages among the many changes made to Morton's pricing policy, not earning the approval of forever torn-faced Raith fans is of no concern whatsoever. Every year you bitch and whine about something and nobody fucking cares whether you bring your usual, pathetic following or not.

. No point in having an opinion with a idiot like you. You have already read of others with similar opinions are you going to say the same to them . Sorry won't lower myself.

And on a f#@king train an oap will get a discount regardless of when it was bought. !!!!

Here's an idea for any club chairmen/women stumbling across this thread...

Why not set out a proposal at a future SPFL agm to tackle this? Here goes my tuppence worth.

For any season ticket holders of a club, allow them to purchase (either online or in person at the club) discounted tickets for the away games - to be equal to the cost per game price of the "home" season ticket holders.

Now this may seem like a barmy idea, but it isn't. What it does is two things. It helps fill the empty seats and terraces of the away ends with paying punters. More importantly, it incentivises the purchase of season tickets in the HOME end.

If the SPFL got their act together they could provide a universal ticketing system which allowed a season ticket smart card to allow the holder to take to away games to ease any queueing/turnstile issues and furthermore many football fans may go along to games not involving their team as a neutral if they could get in at a reasonable cost.

And those in charge at clubs need to take a longer term view with regard to child pricing. Some clubs have already seen the light (Dunfermline are one). If you don't let kids in for next to nothing or free you risk losing future fans further down the line, and worse when young adults go on to have families they can also be lost to football since they are being priced out the game. There are plenty of activities available now competing with football for the recreational family pound.

And less of the baiting by a few Hibs fans on here. You may have a big stadium with the best facilities. You may be current Scottish Cup holders (congratulations, again). You may have the biggest support and budget. However, may I remind you a ball not yet been kicked and your club charging Premier league prices only guarantees that your pocket will be lighter!

Archived