Champions League 2016/17

lichtie23

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pretty sure Man U v Real Madrid had 120,000 a year or two ago in the USA

That would be a neutral venue as opposed to a home match

The record for any English club game is the 1923 cup final with an official attendance of 126,000 but widely believed to have been more than double that. Bolton beat West Ham 2-0

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The record for any English club game is the 1923 cup final with an official attendance of 126,000 but widely believed to have been more than double that. Bolton beat West Ham 2-0

Were the turn style operators on the pauchle?

6 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

must have been one of those calculators from Seville I reckon

9 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Neutral too. Can't remember how he phrased it but he did say it was a record for club home game or something.

I still can't agree with the ridiculous rule when the Monaco defender was booked. Ball out of play as we wait for a corner, defender holds Spurs player, gets booked but no penalty as ball isn't in play. If a player commits an offence that's strong enough to be bookable then surely a penalty/free kick should be given no matter if the ball is in play or not. I'd even go as far as to say that any foul is a foul whether the balls in play or not and should be given.

1 hour ago, NorthernJambo said:

Trying to watch the Spurs game but the crowd are annoyingly loud. Not as in a great atmosphere wise. Just oohing and ahhing louder than the commentators...

Ive found that when watching West Ham at home this season

LOLenham LOLspur.

Horrid defending for their goals.  French football looks like it might be interesting this season, although no doubt the PSG juggernaught will be along shortly to bore everyone into submission.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

LOLenham LOLspur.

Horrid defending for their goals.  French football looks like it might be interesting this season, although no doubt the PSG juggernaught will be along shortly to bore everyone into submission.

It's early doors, but there are the makings of an interesting season. Monaco have started the season really well and already beaten PSG, comfortably according to reports. I've also heard a few pundits tipping Lyon to do well and they looked fairly impressive going forward last night, albeit against fairly mediocre oppposition.

PSG may have romped it by 31 points last season, but losing Ibra is a blow. As good as Cavani is, he just isn't as clinical. As evidenced against Arsenal on Tuesday. They still have plenty quality, but I think they'll be run a lot closer this season.

Archived