EU referendum - exit poll

Adamski

How did you vote in the EU referendum?  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Voted Leave.

Not interested in being a member of an undemocratic European Superstate or a protectionist single market that pays French farmers good money for producing sh*te that nobody wants. I'm not interested in a vainglorious Franco-Germanic ego project that gives them the power and status back they both lost in WW2.

I'm not interested in being lorded over by yet another level of unelected bureaucrats that have mostly never even set foot in Britain ( probably)!

I'm not interested in exploiting Polish, Lithuanian etc young people just to subsidise our pensions just because our Govt's don't want to contribute because they would rather use our tax money to line their own pockets and the pockets of their pals .

The EU is for continental Europe. They might need it so they don't go around invading each other every few years but Britain doesn't.

I want us to start trading with the WHOLE world without them being penalised with EU tariffs so that emerging countries and their people can benefit from our economic strength. That boosts their economies and helps to create world stability.

F*ck The EU and it's stifling, overbearing and Empiric control of our lives.

I can see why teachers, health workers, civil servants etc who have spent their whole lives taking gov't wages and have a dependency mentality might wish to remain but some of us are a bit more free thinking and are excited at the prospect of real independence.

I voted Leave and I'm more than proud of not being a servile, brainwashed moron like the vast majority on this forum.

Ooft.

I've never been so proud to be a teacher.

I particularly loved the bit where you criticised their imperial and warmongering ways.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted Remain at 7.01am.

My parents voted Remain by post.

My sister and her fiancé voted Remain this afternoon.

All my close friends voted Remain.

My cousin from London voted Remain.

100% IMO. FACT.

Voted remain, although with a heavy heart. So much wrong with the EU but it's probably better to be inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

Edit: Went after work about 5 (flexi, bitches!), and there was not a soul about. Fairly low turnout according to the bloke at the table.

Ooft.

I've never been so proud to be a teacher.

I particularly loved the bit where you criticised their imperial and warmongering ways.

I take it you ended up voting Remain?

My wife who rarely votes - she is cynical about most politicians - voted and voted Remain.

In her words - "I voted for the side with the fewer number of untrustworthy wankers and nutjobs."

Voted Leave.

Not interested in being a member of an undemocratic European Superstate or a protectionist single market that pays French farmers good money for producing sh*te that nobody wants. I'm not interested in a vainglorious Franco-Germanic ego project that gives them the power and status back they both lost in WW2.

I'm not interested in being lorded over by yet another level of unelected bureaucrats that have mostly never even set foot in Britain ( probably)!

I'm not interested in exploiting Polish, Lithuanian etc young people just to subsidise our pensions just because our Govt's don't want to contribute because they would rather use our tax money to line their own pockets and the pockets of their pals .

The EU is for continental Europe. They might need it so they don't go around invading each other every few years but Britain doesn't.

I want us to start trading with the WHOLE world without them being penalised with EU tariffs so that emerging countries and their people can benefit from our economic strength. That boosts their economies and helps to create world stability.

F*ck The EU and it's stifling, overbearing and Empiric control of our lives.

I can see why teachers, health workers, civil servants etc who have spent their whole lives taking gov't wages and have a dependency mentality might wish to remain but some of us are a bit more free thinking and are excited at the prospect of real independence.

I voted Leave and I'm more than proud of not being a servile, brainwashed moron like the vast majority on this forum.

As my old dad used to say " the Welsh are just English with their brains bashed out" so no surprise you voted out.

I take it you ended up voting Remain?

My wife who rarely votes - she is cynical about most politicians - voted and voted Remain.

In her words - "I voted for the side with the fewer number of untrustworthy wankers and nutjobs."

I didn't see that option on my ballot paper, something about do you want to remain or leave the EU was on mine.

Woman at mine said turnout was 33% to a guy in front of me that was twenty mins ago.

I presume it's been a pretty good day weather wise too? Been tropical up here all day so would have expected this to boost numbers a bit.

I'm presuming a large number of folk have just been utterly confused by the campaigns and can't make their mind up though.

Do you think they'll call the result at 10pm? (based on exit polls)

They got it correct at the last General Election (10pm called the correct result)

Shirley a leave result is now looking a bit remote?

They got it correct at the last General Election (10pm called the correct result)

Well there isn't a proper exit poll, so no.

I don't think there's going to be an exit poll, because apparently it doesn't work in a referendum.

Only if it's a landslide. I agree with your conclusion.

Yeah, I think exit polls are usually based on going to the same polling stations within marginal seats every election and comparing that to the previous election?

Obviously all they can go on for this is a totally different question in 1975, so quite difficult to do.

Archived