Black Friday - financial crash thread

ICTChris

2 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Three members of the MPC voted against it. 

It's neo-Keynesian desperation. Increasing the debt-fuelled bubble will only make the crash bigger. The economy has been screwed by the banksters and their cronies (like you) who are raiding our savings. 

The Eurozone is in even bigger trouble. 

How is the markets division of the LSE these days?

ETA: All 9 members voted to cut the rate. 3 voted against increasing QE.

Edited by Ross.

4 minutes ago, Ross. said:

How is the markets division of the LSE these days?

The stock markets are doing much better than you and the Remain supporters predicted after the referendum. They are distorted, i.e. inflated, by low interest rates and the central banks' crazy monetary policies. All the Western economies will be hit hard by the coming crash. Only the crazy Keynesians and EU fanatics will blame it on Brexit.

10 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

The stock markets are doing much better than you and the Remain supporters predicted after the referendum. They are distorted, i.e. inflated, by low interest rates and the central banks' crazy monetary policies. All the Western economies will be hit hard by the coming crash. Only the crazy Keynesians and EU fanatics will blame it on Brexit.

Massively distorted at that, but they will always find their level. The London Stock Exchange is probably distorted more than most thanks to the devaluation of Sterling.

I'm neither a crazy Keynesian or an EU fanatic. I'm also far removed from anyone raiding anyone's pension, as you suggested above. If anything the job I do helps those who look after their own investments.

You can keep throwing your insults all the same if it helps you vent. You seem a very angry man.

7 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Who needs the blame game? 

We have an economy in this country which stuck all it's eggs in the service industry basket thirty years ago. Nobody has any money to spend on shite they don't need anymore and the Daily Mail reading baby boomers are probably concerned their investments are fucked in another crash. 

A "consumer led recovery" was always pish and snotters. 

Three members of the MPC voted against it. 

It's neo-Keynesian desperation. Increasing the debt-fuelled bubble will only make the crash bigger. The economy has been screwed by the banksters and their cronies (like you) who want to raid our savings to save their own necks. 

Any pictures of genitalia shaped cream cakes to share with us?

We've had all this bad news since June 23rd which tbd you didn't need a degree in economics or an MBA to predict.

Could someone please list the benefits that have accrued since then, or at least a prediction of benefits to come?

Anyone?

4 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Pound v Euro over the last three months:

chart?chart_primary_ticker=FX^GBP:EUR&ch

Looks like the people with the money as opposed to the forum's resident Walter Mitty character disagree. Bonus point for anyone who can spot the event that could have possibly led to step-drop in confidence in GBP. 

6 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

It's neo-Keynesian desperation. Increasing the debt-fuelled bubble will only make the crash bigger.

Clearly I know less about this economics malarky that someone who has read as many blogs as you seem to have. Remaind me, in which chapter of "A General Theory Of Employment and Money" does Keynes suggest pro-cyclic cuts to government expenditure and specifically targetting welfare as we have just had in the UK? And I was under the impression (wrongly it seems) that Keynes advocated Fiscal stimulus while cuts in base rates is Monetarist intervention in the economy. 

http://www.economicshelp.org/blog/1850/economics/difference-between-monetary-and-fiscal-policy/

The economy has been screwed by the banksters and their cronies (like you) who want to raid our savings to save their own necks. 

Not then by the neoliberal, laissez faire economic policies of allowing large new economies to enter into low tariff barrier trade agreements that drove down the value of Labour vs financial capital and ultimate upset the balance between consumption capacity and production leading to over capacity in production and structural imbalances in global trade?

10 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

All the auld c***s losing fortunes from their pensions due to their selfish acts

My SIPP is up 15% since the vote. Most of the FTSE 100 companies are multi nationals and the biggest constituents of a lot of pension schemes.

These companies have done well due to the currency revaluing. Also, the auld c***s who are actually drawing their pension won't be affected if they've got an annuity or a final salary pension.

My SIPP is up 15% since the vote. Most of the FTSE 100 companies are multi nationals and the biggest constituents of a lot of pension schemes.

These companies have done well due to the currency revaluing. Also, the auld c***s who are actually drawing their pension won't be affected if they've got an annuity or a final salary pension.

Lower pound means higher inflation. The auld c***s will be paying more for their pint of milk.

13 hours ago, WILLIEA said:

We've had all this bad news since June 23rd which tbd you didn't need a degree in economics or an MBA to predict.

Could someone please list the benefits that have accrued since then, or at least a prediction of benefits to come?

Anyone?

Got control of our borders again.

Well maybe at some point kinda.

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:
1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Lower pound means higher inflation. The auld c***s will be paying more for their pint of milk.

Pensioners are well protected in their state pension going up by inflation, average earnings or 2.5%. Whichever's highest.

26 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Pensioners are well protected in their state pension going up by inflation, average earnings or 2.5%. Whichever's highest.

The issue of how well off pensioners are is very misleading.  There are many very affluent pensioners, many more who are fairly well off, but also many who are living in or near to poverty.  The basic state pension in the UK is one of the lowest in Europe.