The David Cameron Resignation Thread

FlyerTon

Pig fucking c**t. Absolute w****r who has fucked the country to win an election. Party before country and of course self before any c**t. He should be kicked to fuckin pulp in Trafalgar Square.

Apart from the pig fucker part you could say exactly the same about Corbyn.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Osbourne is done surely. The prominent Leave Tories despise him.

Osbourne has been posted missing all day.

He's probably propping up a south American economy just now.

Looks like the EU want to fast track Britain's Brexit.

As for the next PM:

Boris Johnson - looks more than likely.  Odds: (4/7)

Theresa May -  there's a decent chance she'll get the job.  Odds: (9/4)

Michael Gove - unlikely outside bet, the English electorate may not want to elect another Scottish PM* (see: Gordon Brown)  The Tories will be aware of that and he may go in the early voting rounds.

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/next-prime-minister

* Edit to add: not that they elected Gordon Brown in the first place.

Looks like the EU want to fast track Britain's Brexit.

As for the next PM:

Boris Johnson - looks more than likely. Odds: (4/7)

Theresa May - there's a decent chance she'll get the job. Odds: (9/4)

Michael Gove - unlikely outside bet, the English electorate may not want to elect another Scottish PM* (see: Gordon Brown) The Tories will be aware of that and he may go in the early voting rounds.

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/next-prime-minister

* Edit to add: not that they elected Gordon Brown in the first place.

My money's on May - Johnson is now damaged goods - no way can he unite both wings of the Tories.

Doubt he wants it under brexit. He clearly didn't think leave would actually win.

Boris Johnson: "A pound spent in Croydon is far more of value to the country than a pound spent in Strathclyde"

Pig fucking c**t. Absolute w****r who has fucked the country to win an election. Party before country and of course self before any c**t. He should be kicked to fuckin pulp in Trafalgar Square.

This. The only noble action Cameron took was resigning the moment he'd lost the vote. Otherwise he was a fine example of everything rotten at the heart of the British government for decades that - whilst almost being as big a godsend for the SNP as Jim Murphy - was still someone the country as a whole could well have done without.

My money's on May - Johnson is now damaged goods - no way can he unite both wings of the Tories.

Boris doesn't need to. He headed a referendum campaign everyone said he'd not a hope in hell of winning and won. Plus the party got its fingers burnt last time they picked a "unity" candidate & ended up in the wilderness for three successive elections. After Cameron all they're interested in is winners. Plus there will be those who feel "the bounder got us into this mess, he can jolly well sort it out!"

There's probably going to be some realignments in British politics over the next year, and I could even perhaps see a specifically pro-EU party emerging.

I don't see Corbyn getting kicked out - he's now got a mandate to say to the Labour Party "now will you listen to (what were once your core) voters have to say instead of telling them what you think's best for them since the days of Blair?" He was anti-EU, always had been, but put up with it & towed the line because the party's mandarins said otherwise. Now he can point to old comrades such as Frank Field who never backed down, were ostracised for it, & were proven to be more in turn with the public than they were.

A Labour split seems inevitable, and may in the long run save them. The Tories it's more difficult to say as they've always been a broad church. Whatever else, it's going to be an interesting rest of the year ahead.

I detest Cameron but at least he followed up on the Hillsborough enquiry and made the first unequivocal apology. Other than that I can't think of anything positive about him beyond saying some other tories are worse chunts

Worth remembering that Tory leadership elections work by MPs voting on all the contenders until there are 2 left, which go to a member vote (helps eliminate the potential nutters like Philip Davies)

If Boris makes it that far, he'll walk it with the grassroots. But I'm sceptical he'll win support amongst MPs. Pro-Brexit MPs seem more inclined to back Gove, but I'm unsure he'll run as he's never really shown much desire for it. (There's been a brief bit of talk about a Michael Gove-Stephen Crabb unity ticket, but we'll see how that goes). Andrea Leadsom is another who has shone in the eyes of Brexiters since the campaign began.

Theresa May played very little part in the Remain campaign and that may help her with regards to being a compromise candidate. Her only issue is that she's not hugely popular either within the party or the grassroots.

Any Tory who played a significant part in the In campaign surely has little chance, based on the fact it looks like Tory members split 60/40 leave in the referendum.

Honestly a bit gutted that Cameron has gone. I know the vast majority of people here no doubt despise him, but he's the reason I joined the party and I regard him as a very decent guy. Just before I joined, I remember him at party conference shortly after he became PM, talking about how conservatives believe in the ties that bind us and that society is stronger when we marry and therefore he supports SSM not despite being a conservative but because he is a conservative. Of course, he took a massive hit from the grassroots for this and over half his party voted against him.

Archived