Hibernian Championship Thread 2016/17

4 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

He probably said the same when he left Hamilton for Hearts.

Then he probably also said the same when he left Hearts for Hibs.

Good luck to him though.

Absolutely zero ambition, he's going to end up a player with the most winners medals without ever actually playing for the team he won the league with in the top flight.

Bit of a strange one when he supposedly had an offer from you guys on the table. Can't understand why he would want to play in this league again as you'd also think the likes of a Kilmarnock or Ross County would probably have shown an interest..

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

He probably said the same when he left Hamilton for Hearts.

Then he probably also said the same when he left Hearts for Hibs.

Good luck to him though.

Absolutely zero ambition, he's going to end up a player with the most winners medals without ever actually playing for the team he won the league with in the top flight.

True, I wasn't really caring what he said to be honest as it's usual footballer's pish just the confirmation.  

Probably, he left Hamilton to a bigger club then Hearts to a bigger club though, this is a step back for him but he was never going to be anywhere near first choice. 

I'm happy to see him leave, he is a legend and good luck to him.  Lets see who we bring in. 

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Bit of a strange one when he supposedly had an offer from you guys on the table. Can't understand why he would want to play in this league again as you'd also think the likes of a Kilmarnock or Ross County would probably have shown an interest..

He's never going to be first choice and wants first team football.  Writing was on the wall for him. 

Odds on Keatings helping Utd to promotion then getting punted to some other Championship side ? The lad's gonna end up with a drawer full of Championship medals.

Wish him well, played a part in the cup final and always put in the effort. We need to be looking at better for next season though.

1 minute ago, Bambino7 said:

He's never going to be first choice and wants first team football.  Writing was on the wall for him. 

I can understand that to a certain extent but can't believe that DU and the championship was his only option. A number of top flight clubs were linked to him before he joined hibs. . 

37 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I can understand that to a certain extent but can't believe that DU and the championship was his only option. A number of top flight clubs were linked to him before he joined hibs. . 

I'm not sure much bigger clubs than Dundee Utd will be interested in him though, County, Killie aren't in that bracket. 

27 minutes ago, Bambino7 said:

I'm not sure much bigger clubs than Dundee Utd will be interested in him though, County, Killie aren't in that bracket. 

Not in recent times but their playing at a higher level , their not the size of hibs and du could be in the championship for a good while yet. Id have thought he'd have wanted to test himself at a higher level.

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Not in recent times but their playing at a higher level , their not the size of hibs and du could be in the championship for a good while yet. Id have thought he'd have wanted to test himself at a higher level.

Aye me too but money talks I suppose perhaps he's happy at the level with security and the chance to be the main guy. 

23 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Hopefully that is a wee sign Cumdog is going to stay, got to think Keatings might have fancied his chances next season if Cummings wasn't here.

Anyway, good luck to him, a Cup Winning legend. 

You'd like to think it's that and perhaps he knows we're bringing someone else in.

Im not a fan of Neil Lennon at all, however I would like to congratulate him on speaking out on his depression bout on route to the title. We can all get low when things in life are not going our way on occasion, he has highlighted that depression, as an illness, can effect you when things in life are going well. It can be very difficult for people with the illness to speak out about this due to stigma and lack of understanding.

Well done to Lennon.

Link; http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/neil-lennon-i-battled-depression-during-hibs-title-charge-1-4440023

Archived