Brussels Monday morning

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can name my MP, MSP and MEPs, because I'm not an ignorant moron. Now how many committee members and civil servants can you name? (Try not to answer with another random question, if you can.)

I am ignorant moron, soz pal. I can't name any civil servants, not sure what relevance civil servants have to me not knowing who my MEP was. WBU? X

I am ignorant moron, soz pal. I can't name any civil servants, not sure what relevance civil servants have to me not knowing who my MEP was. WBU? X

I'm afraid I can only name one civil servant who works in heritage. I guess our combined ignorance of committees and civil servants within the UK system means we should vote to leave it ASAP. They just haven't done enough to make us know who they are, the undemocratic b*****ds.

I'm afraid I can only name one civil servant who works in heritage. I guess our combined ignorance of committees and civil servants within the UK system means we should vote to leave it ASAP. They just haven't done enough to make us know who they are, the undemocratic b*****ds.

There's a difference between civil servants and elected representatives...?

There's a difference between civil servants and elected representatives...?

So people who through their own stupidity don't know their MPs or MEPs should vote to leave the UK and the EU? I'm just trying to work out the link between your staunch BritNattery, opposition to the very idea of your nation being a nation state and "taking back control", and your stated ignorance of MEPs (but knowledge of MPs).

We have 6 because Scotland is one constituency for the European Elections.

Thanks.

I honestly didn't know that. How would you know which of the 6 to contact if you had a question pertaining to a European matter?

You can really name the entire cabinet?

Not a clue my MEP's are either.

Ach, that's an easy one!

I can only name 3/6 MEPs by name to be quite honest (Alyn Smith, Ian Duncan and David Coburn), though I'm aware it's 2 Labour, 2 SNP, a Tory and, of course, Coburn.

That's actually what annoyed me about the campaign. "How many of you can name your MEP?" or "I don't even know who my MEP is!" - THAT'S BECAUSE YOU HAVE SEVERAL!

Thanks.

I honestly didn't know that. How would you know which of the 6 to contact if you had a question pertaining to a European matter?

You can contact any of them if you have a question. If it's a political matter, contact the one which represents the party that you vote/voted for.

My recommendation would be to contact the EU's offices in the UK if it is related to legislation or regulations. The main one is in Westminster.

ETA - McSpreader red dotted my post. Utterly pathetic!  :thumbsdown

Thanks.

You wouldn't - you'd just shout complaints about "three hundred and fifty million" and "open borders and migrants" until the BBC started inviting you on every programme they have. Not that that matters now.

Can anyone name their regional list MSPs?

I couldn't give you a name from the central Scotland list

Patrick Harvie is one of mine, as are Anas Sarwar and Joann Lamont.

I doubt I'd know that if they weren't all fairly high profile though.

Back in 80s when I lived in Fife I was vaguely aware my MEP was Alex Falconer. In the 90s I moved to Inverness and was then vaguely aware that Winnie Ewing was MEP for that area.

Somehow I was completely unaware that it all changed in 1999 and that Scotland had become 1 area - but with 6 MEPs. I can't even remember voting for any of them.

I voted Remain, btw.

Sad. I too know all the Scottish MSPs but I wouldn't call someone that didn't a moron. I am sure that there are things that they know in much greater detail than I do.

Probably the most moronic part of all this was your reply TBH.

It is a bankrupt assertion to say "haw, X is undemocratic. I don't even know who my representative(s) is/are" when that information is a Google Search away.

It is even more unforgivable when you are a regular poster on a politics forum and you hold and profess strong political opinions on the legitimacy of the relevant democratic body.

Archived