Conservative Leadership Thread

Sooky

Nominations will close on Thursday (you only need 2) and they'll be a new leader by the 2nd September. I like that I get to vote for the Prime Minister (until there's an election).  8)

As the only out Tory on the forum you should run a poll and let P+B decide.

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite a few bridges to be built going by the debate in parliament just now .

Quite a few Tory remainders calling out the immigration and 350 million claims.

Interestingly, the chair of the 1922 committee has said there there is no need to have a new election once a new leader is chosen.

If there is a snap election it will have to be fought under the current boundaries as to have the Boundary Review pass and then have local parties decide which 50 MPs are going to get bumped will need a decent period of time. The Tories would obviously like to fight the election on the new constituency lines they have drawn.

Also they quite like their current majority in parliament.

Theresa May is not up to the job as she has no major achievements. Her record on controlling non-EU migration has been disastrous as her own targets have been exceeded greatly. 

She's the longest serving Home Secretary in history, no mean feat. Boris has no experience of top level Government apart from a short stint as a junior minister and got sacked for lying to his boss.

Alan Duncan is 100/1. Worth a quid or two? Mentioned his name in the OP

Probably not. I heard he's been pushed to run by others, so he might not even bother.*

*Don't blame me if you lose £200

Probably not. I heard he's been pushed to run by others, so he might not even bother.*

*Don't blame me if you lose £200

Do you reckon David Davies is popular in the party? Had a punt on him a while back at 66/1.

Sky Sources: Sajid Javid and Stephen Crabb are sounding out a potential joint bid for the Conservative Party leadership

Do you reckon David Davies is popular in the party? Had a punt on him a while back at 66/1.

He's popular with the Tories I know at least! Though he did lose to a basically unknown Cameron a decade ago in the last leadership contest and I don't imagine he'll run.

Sky Sources: Sajid Javid and Stephen Crabb are sounding out a potential joint bid for the Conservative Party leadership

WTF is a "joint bid"? This isn't fucking Euro 2008 where you just put half the stadiums in Austria and half in Switzerland. One of them has to be PM

Archived