Predictions - what will end up happening

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Seriously? 
The man was on about power shortages and not being able to charge his mobile phone - presumably because Brexit will stop us from using imported US gas in our power stations, and Junker and Barnier will stop the wind blowing in Scotland - and you've just come back with an "expert" response that the Scottish Government have upgraded cable from the grown up equivalent of Micro USB to Type C so we'll be alright. Phew eh? 
The fact is there should be a real concern about how we are going to meet the demands for energy from changes in technology and right now the UK Government and the Scottish Government are making a real hash of it. The simple fact is we need more nuclear power stations, not stupid windmills, and we need them urgently. 
I've attached a really simple, uncomplicated article that highlights the growing demand for energy just from the way our TV viewing habits are changing in the UK. The article doesn't even begin to consider the effect of the push to get us all driving electric vehicles  or the demand caused on the supply as we use more and more always on smart gadgets around the home. Not enough government money has gone into research on how we reduce energy consumption because that's not a vote winner. Kidding on you are "cleaning" the planet is though so we carry on chopping down Mother Nature's carbon capture machines and replace them with wind farms shipped in from Indonesia because the half witted electorate think that's an environmentally sound way to behave. 

Energy.thumb.PNG.b5010601d4b09d10b4a340f251a1b106.PNG

If using the internet resulting in increased power use is a concern to you, feel free to log off and save us your shite. Think of the electricity you’d save.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JamieThomas said:

Going to lay out a wee secret of the trade here: you may think it makes you look like tremendously intelligent when you attempt to put down an obvious troll/shitposter. It does not. It gives them the laughs, and makes you look a cretin.

Source: I got (in both senses) the internet in 1998

Suggested action (for about the hundredth time): STOP RESPONDING TO c***s WHO ARE PATENTLY TRYING TO GET A RISE, YOU THICK FUCKING c***s

FTFY. Sorry about being pedantic. You made a valid point about trolls who reply to every post with a complaint but if you really did say this a billion times then you might be accused of the very thing you are complaining about. Just saying 😏

44 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

FTFY. Sorry about being pedantic. You made a valid point about trolls who reply to every post with a complaint but if you really did say this a billion times then you might be accused of the very thing you are complaining about. Just saying 😏

I've had 800 tins tonight tbf

10 hours ago, sophia said:

Vote Westminster for 2x unit electricity prices and new nuclear.

The guaranteed MWh price for Hinckley Point as compared to the contract for difference renewables prices is a scandal.

Vote Edinburgh for balanced renewables that provides jobs in every district in Scotland.

( MWh autocorrected to May and Hinckley will be part of her miserable legacy hangover)

The UK imports electricity from Europe, especially France.

10 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

The UK imports electricity from Europe, especially France.

Yep, where they have an abundance of nuclear power plants and at the point closest to where there is need - the South East of England - through the channel tunnel. It's highly unlikely that Scotland would ever been in any position to ever be a net exporter of electricity across any border unless we are selling AAA batteries to Europe. 

The Supreme Court upholding the Scottish judges verdict tomorrow, and the SNP blocking Johnson from both a no deal or a Boris deal would make independence a virtual certainty. I might start a FuckoffJocks website and some viral memes.

1 hour ago, BawWatchin said:

A no deal brexit from the EU, followed by (hopefully) a no deal scoxit from the UK.

If Scoxit happens - and I fully encourage you guys to go for it and vote yes, because that's the best thing for your country - but I'd be stunned if there's a no-deal Scoxit. The main reason being that the guys in change of the seceding nation in that case are entirely reasonable negotiators, and the successor country would need a deal to avoid Scotland walking away debt free.

2 minutes ago, Donathan said:

If Scoxit happens - and I fully encourage you guys to go for it and vote yes, because that's the best thing for your country - but I'd be stunned if there's a no-deal Scoxit. The main reason being that the guys in change of the seceding nation in that case are entirely reasonable negotiators, and the successor country would need a deal to avoid Scotland walking away debt free.

You mean in the same way that the EU have been perfectly reasonable in negotiations because they want the UK to pay the £39Bn the EU seem to think the UK owe them? 

I hope that the SNP aren't going to be hypocrites if they ever do get an Indy Ref 2. I mean it would be dreadful form if they were not completely truthful and transparent when questioned about what a No Deal Independent Scotland might look like. I'd also hope that in the event of the SNP ever winning an Independence vote they would commit to another Independence Referendum once the exact terms of any exit deal are known so everyone can change their minds when they seem just how messy it's going to be. 

22 minutes ago, Donathan said:

And our Government and Parliament would have signed of on the deal we negotiated, unlike the unseemly backtracking in Westminster.

Archived