Predictions - what will end up happening

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Except it does.  My ideology includes neither reverence for the Queen nor her chosen/imposed religion but it's absolutely part of our shared heritage and culture.

Not sure what that means. We share a fondness for cool water with the entire planet but it doesn't bind us together as friends, unfortunately. Something in a history book about the family tree of Liz or desperate attempts to tie us together with an imagined antipathy for Catholicism will do no better. 

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Not sure what that means.

Yes you are.  Part of our shared culture is a shared monarchy (since 1603) .  I don't care if you like it or not but to say "Ya boo sucks it doesn't apply to me" is childish and ignorant.  It's not about taste it's about commonality.

It is very clear to me that Kincardine, Malky and others like them see the writing on the wall with regards to Scottish Independence support gathering pace over the last few years, their obsession with Queen and country etc is now receding very quickly within the Scottish populace and they are very much in the minority.

If proof is needed of that minority then it can be seen at All Under One Banner marches where at one point as we thousands pass there is always that small group of twenty or so unionists waving their union flags and screaming filth at us.

I imagine that the comeback will be the orange order marches with their antiquated unionist beliefs, but believe me that outside Glasgow they mean nothing, whereas the AUOB marches have been conducted throughout Scotland in Cities and Towns, even wee Campbeltown with a population of 6000  had a march.

Independence is coming whether you like or not, so if it's not your bag you can scurry down to england if you prefer.

You will not be missed.

4 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

It is very clear to me that Kincardine, Malky and others like them see the writing on the wall with regards to Scottish Independence support gathering pace over the last few years, their obsession with Queen and country etc is now receding very quickly within the Scottish populace and they are very much in the minority.

If proof is needed of that minority then it can be seen at All Under One Banner marches where at one point as we thousands pass there is always that small group of twenty or so unionists waving their union flags and screaming filth at us.

I imagine that the comeback will be the orange order marches with their antiquated unionist beliefs, but believe me that outside Glasgow they mean nothing, whereas the AUOB marches have been conducted throughout Scotland in Cities and Towns, even wee Campbeltown with a population of 6000  had a march.

Independence is coming whether you like or not, so if it's not your bag you can scurry down to england if you prefer.

You will not be missed.

Why? What are you going to do with me if I don't leave? Send me to a re-education camp? A concentration camp perhaps? Or maybe you'll just make me "disappear" eh? 

And some Scottish Nationalists like to point the finger at "No Thanks" voters and accuse us of being right wing.....

Why? What are you going to do with me if I don't leave? Send me to a re-education camp? A concentration camp perhaps? Or maybe you'll just make me "disappear" eh? 
And some Scottish Nationalists like to point the finger at "No Thanks" voters and accuse us of being right wing.....

I think the point being made is “if you are unionist to the core (and some people are), then perhaps an Independent Scotland would be so distasteful, that you may prefer to move on”
Personally, I don’t hold that view & hope & believe that an Indy Scotland would be welcoming & all embracing whether you are a Yesser or a No’er.
The politics of isolationism isn’t what I vote for.

To answer the original question -

1. Hungary will object to an extension to UK membership of the EU

2. There will be modest changes made to the Withdrawal Agreement that Theresa May presented to the house three times. 

3. Opposition parties, faced with the prospect of either accepting the Agreement or leading the UK into the very no deal scenario they've all described as being "catastrophic" will vote for the Withdrawal Agreement and it will get a Parliamentary majority. 

4. The opposition parties will continue to frustrate the Tories over a General Election 

5. When the General Election does come round the Tories will win by a landslide and will increase their number of Scottish seats. 

6 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

I think the point being made is “if you are unionist to the core (and some people are), then perhaps an Independent Scotland would be so distasteful, that you may prefer to move on”
Personally, I don’t hold that view & hope & believe that an Indy Scotland would be welcoming & all embracing whether you are a Yesser or a No’er.
The politics of isolationism isn’t what I vote for.

Sandy has history. He has already stated his feelings in the past. If I wasn't going to vote "yes" then I should "get out of his country" he said. The sad thing is he's by no means the only Scottish Nationalist I've heard expressing those kind of sentiments. 

Of course I've stated before, I'm not "Unionist to the core". I'm a Scottish patriot who wants what is best of me, my kids, my Grandkids, and since we are just an average working class family - then by extension the majority of Scots. I just believe strongly that in the absence of any credible evidence AT ALL that we would all be better off financially in an Independent Scotland, I'd much rather Scotland remained a part of the United Kingdom. 

56 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

It is very clear to me that Kincardine, Malky and others like them see the writing on the wall with regards to Scottish Independence.

I imagine that the comeback will be the orange order marches with their antiquated unionist beliefs

You and others keep misquoting/misattributing me.  In the context of a hard Brexit I'd have very little issue with an independent Scotland if it was allowed/accepted in to the EU.  I have said this ad nauseum but I despise Brexit and those who voted for Britain to leave the EU.

My stance, as I have said repeatedly, is one United Kingdom at the heart of Europe and those who disagree are loathsome and, as I have said, two cheeks of the same xenophobic arse.

As far as the OO goes?  When I joined LOL 328 in Motherwell in 1978 I was their youngest member.  I'm not sure if that lodge is still extant but I'd wager I'd still be, at near 60, one of their younger members.  The Grand Orange Lodge of Scotland is made up of very little more than a handful of auld coffin dodgers who enjoy nothing more than a wee dauner behind a flute band every now and then.  That the P&B diddies rage about this is endlessly amusing.

But then we're posting on a forum which asked itself if it was a cult.  Clearly not, but obviously it's on a relentless drive towards an ignorant monoculture.

4 hours ago, Malky3 said:

Now you're just being foolish.

And it would not be possible to run a democratic Scotland without political views from all areas of the political world.

For example we will I'm sure have a Gaelic party fulfilling the needs for the Western Isles and possibly a Shetland/Orkney party and so on and on.

3 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

You and others keep misquoting/misattributing me.  In the context of a hard Brexit I'd have very little issue with an independent Scotland if it was allowed/accepted in to the EU.  I have said this ad nauseum but I despise Brexit and those who voted for Britain to leave the EU.

My stance, as I have said repeatedly, is one United Kingdom at the heart of Europe and those who disagree are loathsome and, as I have said, two cheeks of the same xenophobic arse.

As far as the OO goes?  When I joined LOL 328 in Motherwell in 1978 I was their youngest member.  I'm not sure if that lodge is still extant but I'd wager I'd still be, at near 60, one of their younger members.  The Grand Orange Lodge of Scotland is made up of very little more than a handful of auld coffin dodgers who enjoy nothing more than a wee dauner behind a flute band every now and then.  That the P&B diddies rage about this is endlessly amusing.

But then we're posting on a forum which asked itself if it was a cult.  Clearly not, but obviously it's on a relentless drive towards an ignorant monoculture.

That would never be the case, I'm in France presently and the attitude towards england by the average folk here is of distaste, england is still viewed as Imperialistic and heavily mistrusted in matters of universal politics as they strut their alliance with the United States.

When De Gaulle and Conrad Adenaur met in 1955 at De Gaulles modest home in Colombey les Deux Eglise to discuss a united Europe the UK was never envisaged as part of it, some of this stems from Churchills banishment of De Gaulle to Edinburgh during the war, pettiness in politics? of course just as it is in everyday life.

The Scots are however regarded as a different breed here, something to do possibly with the first army ever formed in France was Le Garde Ecosse consisting of Scots hired to protect the King of France, and then we had The Auld Alliance which though torn up some time ago is still celebrated every July 13th, 14th and 15th in the lovely town of Aubigny sur Nere with marching pipe bands,  they call the town The City of the Stuarts, it's worth a look online.

With some of that I could see that an Independent Scotland would be welcomed into the EU.

Kincy's ethanol poisoned brain will probably self combust the day his beloved union dies.  To think it could only be a few years after his beloved club suffered the same fate.

Also, there's few things more tragic in life than being a member of the orange order.

Ehhh...well.....your stance is irrelevant now.

5 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

That would never be the case, I'm in France presently and the attitude towards england by the average folk here is of distaste, england is still viewed as Imperialistic and heavily mistrusted in matters of universal politics as they strut their alliance with the United States.

When De Gaulle and Conrad Adenaur met in 1955 at De Gaulles modest home in Colombey les Deux Eglise to discuss a united Europe the UK was never envisaged as part of it, some of this stems from Churchills banishment of De Gaulle to Edinburgh during the war, pettiness in politics? of course just as it is in everyday life.

The Scots are however regarded as a different breed here, something to do possibly with the first army ever formed in France was Le Garde Ecosse consisting of Scots hired to protect the King of France, and then we had The Auld Alliance which though torn up some time ago is still celebrated every July 13th, 14th and 15th in the lovely town of Aubigny sur Nere with marching pipe bands,  they call the town The City of the Stuarts, it's worth a look online.

With some of that I could see that an Independent Scotland would be welcomed into the EU.

Ah right. The French, who still celebrate Napoleon and whose national football team is drawn from many of its former colonies, view England as too imperialistic? 

Archived