England vs Iceland

Don't think Iceland are getting the credit they deserve here. They were fantastic - an honest team that work really hard for each other. The no.7 was closing the England players down like crazy at the end, and that tackle on Vardy was just sublime.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just realised that number 18 Bjarnasson was the Teddy Bjarnasson that briefly graced Scottish football.

About 10 years ago I sat next to him at a poker table, he told me he was a Celtic player and I thought he was a lying shitehawk. Turned out he wasn't, and look at him now.

True story.

Just realised that number 18 Bjarnasson was the Teddy Bjarnasson that briefly graced Scottish football.

About 10 years ago I sat next to him at a poker table, he told me he was a Celtic player and I thought he was a lying shitehawk. Turned out he wasn't, and look at him now.

True story.

Was he any good at poker? 

I like to see all the home nations do well mate, tonight it didn't happen. No problem. Tears you think!? Ha ha, I've had a f*ckin riot tonight with English pals who are spitting feathers. Their only response is 'at least we qualified' !!? Lol

You just don't understand HRHC how you can have many differences as individuals but still be good mates.

I feel sorry for people like you that clearly can't have the same outlook. You're either a bitter auld f*ck or about 15. Either way let it go. It will do you the world of good!😉

Come on, everyone in Scottish football knows that "I like to see all the home nations do well" is rangers-speak for "England are my big team".

Tonight's result has crushed you.

From today's English version of 'The Sun'

ROY Hodgson quit as England boss last night after overseeing the most humiliating defeat in the nation's history.

His misfiring millionaires were dumped out of Euro 2016 2-1 by minnows Iceland after finishing below rivals Wales in the group stage.

tumblr_o9ga1fyJiM1u5f06vo1_1280.jpg

Back page:

tumblr_o9gazejg1M1u5f06vo1_1280.jpg

I see the Express were as clued up as ever.  The defeat left Hodgson "facing the sack".  Their journo must have had the copy away right on the final whistle and their editors too thick to edit.

I see the Express were as clued up as ever.  The defeat left Hodgson "facing the sack".  Their journo must have had the copy away right on the final whistle and their editors too thick to edit.

It will be from their first edition.  Different newspapers go to print at different times.  

Since 1966 England have won six knockout matches in tournament football

1986 - Paraguay

1990 - Belgium (et)

1990 - Cameroon (et)

1996 - Spain (penalties)

2002 - Denmark

2006 - Ecuador

An absolutely awful record.

Spain were denied two penalities in that game, one of them an absolute stonewaller, it's something that just gets totally ignored when our friends Down South go all misty eyed over Football Coming Home.

Don't think Iceland are getting the credit they deserve here. They were fantastic - an honest team that work really hard for each other. The no.7 was closing the England players down like crazy at the end, and that tackle on Vardy was just sublime.

Everybody rated Icelend, even the BBC pre-tournament rated Iceland - they highlighted how good they were in a couple of decent in-depth analytical segments that went right to the grass-roots ... er ... perma-frost roots of the Icelandic set-up. I was rather surprised when they reverted to type and suddenly dismissed them so thoroughly once the sides were drawn together.

I take it MotD was live last night !? From the 'Ireland' mention to Shearer's on air-job application the show wasn't as slick as it usually is ... perhaps it was recorded and they just couldn't give a f'ck :P

The actual quality on display in that second half was like a Scottish Championship game. Hilarious, i wish i could have stayed up later to drink in more of the reaction.

From their fat Brexit supporters taking a hiding to their overpaid, poorly managed shitebag squad.

England have had a minter of a tournament.

Don't forget their supporters abusing refugee children and fighting with locals.

Don't forget their supporters abusing refugee children and fighting with locals.

Two days of singing "The City is Ours" and starting on the locals before the Russians turned up and started throwing them about  :lol:

"Justice for the England XI" :lol:

Conceding a last minute equaliser to the worst Russian team in living memory :lol:

Joe Hart's joke goalkeeping against Wales :lol:

Threatened with expulsion :lol:

The tear-stained disappointment at Slovakia daring to hold them to 0-0 :lol:

Joe Hart's joke goalkeeping against Iceland :lol:

Debating player selection in the Quarter-final when 2-1 down at HT :lol:

Jack Wilshere's continued mystical presence in the England side :lol:

England :lol: 

Archived