Your financial situation

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Over half my wages go into rent/saving for a mortgage, with the other half paying for my 25mpg car.

Tremendous.

You should cycle to work. Cycle path down the almond and then along the Dunkeld road, would take you about 20 minutes. Also when they start building that road at McDiarmid it'll be a nightmare.

If it wasn't for Throbbers diligence- I'd have got away with it

As no one has ever said before! Pfhhht.

I don't want to have caught you out tbh it was just an observation, I'm sure nobody will care!

Considering what I get paid, my finances are shit, mainly due to credit cards.  Current debt; Mortgage, car loan and credit cards.  Saying that, I took out a 20 year mortgage 3 and half years ago which is up for renewal in December and due to me overpaying, the term will be down to 10 years by then.  House has increased in value by 25k since then also.  My car loan will be paid off in two years.  As for credit cards, I'm ridiculously bad for booking flights, holidays etc for mates and just spunking the cash when they give me it.  Currently got just over 6k on 2 cards which I hope to clear before Christmas. 

On the upside, I've got a bit of cash set aside to fund either; buying land and building a new house, or putting a deposit down on a flat to rent out. 

I would be very comfortable if I didn't go on as many holidays, or out as much, but that's not going to stop.  I'm ridiculous for wasting money.

Realistic target is to be retired by 55.

I had a good today and my gf had a bad day so we have treated ourself to wine, hopefully this will result in an equilibrium that will lead to intercourse.

Get a bottle of chateauneuf de pap ,help a brother out eh!!

Shite. Stuck in an underpaid job that is increadibly hard to get time off from to actually go for interviews elsewhere. Whenever have had an interview have fecked it up. Managed to clear all ovedraft and credit card debt last year but then straight back into credit card debt at season ticket renewal point. All in I can't complain much really as still live in an increadibly nice bit of Glasgow and have cash to do fun stuff sometimes, but really could be doing with more dolla. The idea of me ever going on holiday again is looking bleak on current wage.

Archived