Favourite England Tournament Lawlfest 1990-2016

Favourite England Tournament Lawlfest 1990-2016  

147 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Jupe, he's raging. On the England v Iceland thread he said he supports all the "home nations", which I pointed out was Rangers-speak for "England are my big team".

Outside of possibly Russia, there is no group of players or fans more odious and less worthy of our support than England, yet guys like red rob thinks we should because we're close to them on a map.

And guys like you who hate our neighbours on the same accidental geographic proximity on a map? Jeez

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shut the f**k up you tedious *** c**t.

Back on topic:

This was utterly glorious, I can't believe I'd forgotten about it. Koeman went on to score a re-taken free kick thanks to David Seaman's laughable positioning. The sense of injustice and entitlement from England after that was magnificently funny.

Do I not like that!

Shut the f**k up you tedious *** c**t.

Back on topic:

This was utterly glorious, I can't believe I'd forgotten about it. Koeman went on to score a re-taken free kick thanks to David Seaman's laughable positioning. The sense of injustice and entitlement from England after that was magnificently funny.

The commentator was unbelievable. Ince was about 3 yards away when the first kick was taken and the number 5 , I think, was even closer.

Just so many to pick from.....someone mentioned 2004, and Mental Sol's disallowed goal v Sweden......in fact, the Sweden goal was in Japan 02, and was given. He had extra-time goals against Argentina and Portugal disallowed, in 98 and 04. Also heard a flabbergasting stat last night.....since 1966, England have only defeated five teams in knockout football from open play. In fifty fucking years? Spain beat twice as many in four years ffs! It's not even an A-list selection....Paraguay, Belgium, Cameroon, Denmark and Ecuador. World superpower??? Hmmmm.

Belgium  119 min

Cameroon was a pen 104 min, not open play.

Belgium  119 min

Cameroon was a pen 104 min, not open play.

Slight twist of words, but still...they did win the games of football, without the need for a penalty shoot out. The niggly point you make though makes it look worse, so i'm happy to concede it. Comparing others in that timeframe, it's a fucking horrendous statistic....France won 5 knockout matches in 2 years!

I don't know if it's true, but I've heard that the sports editors at some English newspapers couldn't believe that the USA had beaten England 1-0 in 1950, assumed that there must have been an error in the telegram transmission (no live coverage in those days) and duly printed the score as USA 1- England 10.

England very rarely if ever underachieved. I can't think of a competition where they've lost to an inferior team. Last night was close, Iceland may have had inferior players but they certainly weren't an inferior team.

The merits of particular teams can be debated, but there's no doubt at all, that as a nation England have underachieved like no other.

Their record is actually astonishingly bad. Every other country with a big population, a strong league and a lengthy football heritage has done so much better. Until recently, a similar charge could be levelled at Spain, but that's obviously been answered strongly since the turn of the century.

Since 66, all England can boast is two stuttering runs to semi-finals, one of them at home. In this period, many countries that have much less going for them have either matched or exceeded this 'achievement'.

As for the topic, I've a particular soft spot for Portugal in 2004, but this one's been good too.

Neither has been as funny however, as RedRob's demented ramblings on this thread.

So many to choose from -

Losing all 3 in 1988 was hilarious.

The "upside down league table" after the 2nd half v Sweden in 92 - only Bobby Charlton could admit that Sweden deserved to win.

Romania's late penalty to send them out in 2000 after they thought they'd become world beaters for beating a shite Germany 1-0.

Iceland trumps that lot, I reckon.

Monday has been the only time I've ever got actually wound up by the pre-match punditry. Lee Dixon repeatedly talking about 'getting this one out of the way' and then all the chaps ripping the piss out of Iceland's throw in routine.

Chuck in the fact that I had a tenner on an Iceland and Italy double and it made for a very pleasing Monday night.

I imagine I could probably find this online but I'm too lazy so hopefully someone here will know.

How many competitive games have England won against teams ranked above them? Say...over the last 50 years?

Patrick Kluivert nutmegs Seamen in Englands 4-1 win sending u lot back to ya schemes. ...priceless

Euro '96 was indeed quite funny, however I wouldn't put Andy Moeller's heartbreaking winning shoot-out penalty above the likes of Iceland or the absolute chasing an Ozil-inspired Germany gave England.

Archived