Favourite England Tournament Lawlfest 1990-2016

Favourite England Tournament Lawlfest 1990-2016  

147 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As delicious as last night was the winner has to be 2004 where the boy Ricardo takes off his gloves and saves Vassell's penalty.  He then runs out the box shooing the nominated penalty taker away, steps up and scores to send Engerlund home.

The seethe after that was phenomenal.

In fairness though the full list in the poll all bring back good memories of England crashing out tournaments they expected to romp.

Ronaldo scored the winning pk in 2006, 2004 was when Rui Costa put Portugal ahead on ET then lampard equalised. Beckham missed a penalty when he slipped on his arse and one Portuguese player chipped his penalty gloriously down the middle. That could have been when Carvalho scored the winning penalty I can't remember.

think it was the keeper that scored the winner one year

As delicious as last night was the winner has to be 2004 where the boy Ricardo takes off his gloves and saves Vassell's penalty. He then runs out the box shooing the nominated penalty taker away, steps up and scores to send Engerlund home.

The seethe after that was phenomenal.

In fairness though the full list in the poll all bring back good memories of England crashing out tournaments they expected to romp.

That was the equivalent of beating someone at pool with the fat end of cue.

Amazing scenes.

Last night was utterly glorious, however the utter dicking they got from Germany in 2010 does it for me, for the following reasons:

1. John Terry shown up at world level as an utter shambles of a defender

2. England being horsed for almost the entire match

3. The seethe over Lampard's "goal"

4. Ozil and Muller absolutely shredding them on the counter.

The only let down was Germany stopping at 4. They could have quite easily gone on to get 7 or 8.

2010 for me too. It was Lawro's comments that topped it just as the second half began.

'Lets play at premier league pace, see if they can handle it'

Think they handled it arite tbh PUMPED

I'd forgotten about that. Absolutely brilliant :lol:

Same.. My first memory of football was the opening match between us and Brazil.

Can remember the living room being crowded that night as family and friends were round and carry outs and food on the go

I was 4 and only interested in my newly purchased wee World Cup ball with the wee French chicken mascot on it

Last night was utterly glorious, however the utter dicking they got from Germany in 2010 does it for me, for the following reasons:

1. John Terry shown up at world level as an utter shambles of a defender

2. England being horsed for almost the entire match

3. The seethe over Lampard's "goal"

4. Ozil and Muller absolutely shredding them on the counter.

The only let down was Germany stopping at 4. They could have quite easily gone on to get 7 or 8.

Favourite part of that was Mesut Ozil leaving Gareth Barry for dead, to the point where I genuinely thought Barry had pulled up with an injury.

And to think the weeks leading up to the tournament they were fretting over Barry being fit in time as if he was irreplaceable. Fannies.

Archived