Favourite England Tournament Lawlfest 1990-2016

Favourite England Tournament Lawlfest 1990-2016  

147 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Germany game in 2010 was the footballing equivalent of eating a Feast lolly - just layers upon layers of deliciousness.

The best part was when Lampard scored and it was disallowed - total poetic justice for 1966 and the "goal" awarded by the Russian linesman that wasn't even close.

Mark lawrensons commentary was actually the best part of the Germany game!

That is why that game received my vote. 

Special mention to Euro 2012, where Pirlo exposed Joe Hart for what he really is. A Geordie Shore, shampoo sales man.

Just speaking about this in work there but for me I've not enjoyed one more than last nights. I usually find it quite funny and enjoy it, the last WC was dece but last night was just a whole new level.

They done their absolute best to not try and big the team up pre tournament and even through the group stages but last night they just completely dismissed a team before a ball was kicked and right up until about 70 minutes even throughout the live commentary. Only did it then kick in and they started shitting themselves.

It was also against a team and country that is actually so very likeable too, was just a glorious combination, I've so much respect for Iceland after that last night from the manager to the players to the fans.

Meanwhile world class Rooney and superstar kids Alli and Kane etc who've been bigged up the whole season look absolutely clueless for the 90. RB of the tournament getting his denner for the equaliser.

The McLaren video just summed the whole thing up from the moment they knew they were playing Iceland right through to the final whistle when they were knocked out. That 50 seconds or so summed the whole thing up.

Absolutely glorious and fucking hilarious.

Well played Iceland.

Nope. Mark Saggers.

This is the clincher for me.  And Germany absolutely destroying them in the 2nd half.  Savory. 

I ken this is just before 1990 but I remember it well (courtesy of Wikipedia).

1988 UEFA European Football Championship final tournament was held in West Germany

Group 2:

England 0-1 Republic of Ireland

England 1-3 Holland

England 1-3 Russia

Some of that tournament was televised and I can remember after each game when

Bobby Robson the England manager was interviewed he never once said that they

were beaten by a better team.

Germany 06 I think.

Carvalho winning pen IIRC.

Ronaldo scored the winning pk in 2006, 2004 was when Rui Costa put Portugal ahead on ET then lampard equalised. Beckham missed a penalty when he slipped on his arse and one Portuguese player chipped his penalty gloriously down the middle. That could have been when Carvalho scored the winning penalty I can't remember.

Archived