Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 2016/17

LeeKRR1878

Agree watt picks up knocks but feel himself and willie could be invaluable in the run in with fraz operating in midfield both competitions their for the taking we certainly good enough to be their or their abouts both very doable other teams must fear us and that is a good thing [emoji106]

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When wullie received injury perthsire game,we all got slightly edgy given his experience and talent.

The team however have rose to the challenges that injury brought to the team.

I will repeat that if we minimise injuries and don't get too many call offs then they can do okay.

I will say this given without wullie for two months we have drawn one game lost 0 and its very pleasing for us all, and I'm sure wullie himself that he had team mates that continued and aimed to win in his absence,this is true teamwork.

I will also say if I was given a choice (if I was a committee member manager or coach) of being able to release any player from team and be able to pick any player from any other junior team! my answer would be NO!!! 

I would not change this team for love nor money because neither can come between the attitude/effort/guts/spirit/talent/skill/ or the close bond within this team,regardless of how the season ends if we leave with nothing then it's because of team performance on each given game,there is no (i) in team,but if anyone asked me how to ensure defeating them, I would say that you need more than big physical players (bigger they are the harder they fall) you need experience-play good passing football-,have sound understanding mentally within your team- read a game- and can cope with an overall strong team who know it's not all about silky passing football or individual skills etc and can adapt!then the team could get cracked.

Penicuik should not be underestimated they have as much within their team I'm sure as we have.

NEVER become complacent about any game all opposition deserve full respect and if we fail to do this then we should prepare to fail.

I do however expect to win this game otherwise no point even being a supporter if I am not optimistic of getting a win every time,if we lose then we didn't to the job properly on the day.

All the best to penicuik though but I expect Rob Roy to have it covered.

When wullie received injury perthsire game,we all got slightly edgy given his experience and talent. The team however have rose to the challenges that injury brought to the team.

I will repeat that if we minimise injuries and don't get too many call offs then they can do okay.

I will say this given without wullie for two months we have drawn one game lost 0 and its very pleasing for us all, and I'm sure wullie himself that he had team mates that continued and aimed to win in his absence,this is true teamwork.

I will also say if I was given a choice (if I was a committee member manager or coach) of being able to release any player from team and be able to pick any player from any other junior team! my answer would be NO!!! 

I would not change this team for love nor money because neither can come between the attitude/effort/guts/spirit/talent/skill/ or the close bond within this team,regardless of how the season ends if we leave with nothing then it's because of team performance on each given game,there is no (i) in team,but if anyone asked me how to ensure defeating them, I would say that you need more than big physical players (bigger they are the harder they fall) you need experience-play good passing football-,have sound understanding mentally within your team- read a game- and can cope with an overall strong team who know it's not all about silky passing football or individual skills etc and can adapt!then the team could get cracked.

Penicuik should not be underestimated they have as much within their team I'm sure as we have.

NEVER become complacent about any game all opposition deserve full respect and if we fail to do this then we should prepare to fail.

I do however expect to win this game otherwise no point even being a supporter if I am not optimistic of getting a win every time,if we lose then we didn't to the job properly on the day.

All the best to penicuik though but I expect Rob Roy to have it covered.

Aye all well and good but you don't sound like a chap who has some of the scars some of us have through supporting the Roy for thirty forty years plus . Those of us who do are looking forward to the game and know who have a very good set of players but don't expect a win. Does this mean no point us being supporters because we are excited but apprehensive we have had our dreams before shattered cautiously optimistic is maybe the best phrase.

Good post though in the main!

Definitely no point in being apprehensive treat Penicuik with respect but must be positive we have been the surprise package in junior football this season and a big scalp but feel we have enough to get through the lads have stepped up with injuries etc and delivered so I'm confident and not unwilling to say so cmon the Roy [emoji106]

I hear Penicuik are a big strong side, only time I thought we struggled this season was against Beith. One up front and a bit light weight across the middle. Hopefully we play our strongest team that are up for a battle. Big big match, game for winners.

Win the 50/50s and Fraz will take care of the rest

17 hours ago, rednblack said:

Aye all well and good but you don't sound like a chap who has some of the scars some of us have through supporting the Roy for thirty forty years plus . Those of us who do are looking forward to the game and know who have a very good set of players but don't expect a win. Does this mean no point us being supporters because we are excited but apprehensive we have had our dreams before shattered cautiously optimistic is maybe the best phrase.

Good post though in the main!

Understand Red and I do know! it's gone well then bust, and dissapointment sets in,but I can see some more silverware this season! can't touch them yet but I feel its close.

I am also apprehensive but my post is motivation for myself and you and all fans and club as a whole if I think for a minute any players may look at my posts and think "hey this guy believes like we do " and it gives them a wee bit of motivation then I will be chuffed because in a nutshell " I believe" 

I could never claim to be a fan for 40 years I'm too young lol! But I do think something anything to add to what we have this year would give reward to the whole club and all the die-hard long term fans who have been there through thick and thin.

I would also say yes you can be cautious given the scars over the years! But different year now,and aiming to come good throughout the season is one thing! at Christmas we were pleased to be where we stood and it gave us all hope.

I am merely saying the more positive we all are it always filters through and pleasingly it's happening.

This next game RE: penicuik will be tough and if you look at the other possible winners RE:Scottish this weekend if we make the last eight we could realistically be facing kelty/Talbot etc so if we not good enough this week to win then it could impact on every comp we still compete for.

Confidence ability and wee bit of luck helps! win this and who knows we end up In the quarters,the confidence that brings surely will push them on,yes some tough teams remain but we are tough in their eyes too even your kelty/Talbot will be very wary.

My post reflects purely my confidence trust and belief.

If I am seen to be too cheesy or just seem too positive then I am not bothered really, I won't change or back down, I will pipe down though and see how this game Sat goes and hopefully no replay and we play the pollok game to schedule!

Comon!!! the Roy

Understand Red and I do know! it's gone well then bust, and dissapointment sets in,but I can see some more silverware this season! can't touch them yet but I feel its close.
I am also apprehensive but my post is motivation for myself and you and all fans and club as a whole if I think for a minute any players may look at my posts and think "hey this guy believes like we do " and it gives them a wee bit of motivation then I will be chuffed because in a nutshell " I believe" 
I could never claim to be a fan for 40 years I'm too young lol! But I do think something anything to add to what we have this year would give reward to the whole club and all the die-hard long term fans who have been there through thick and thin.
I would also say yes you can be cautious given the scars over the years! But different year now,and aiming to come good throughout the season is one thing! at Christmas we were pleased to be where we stood and it gave us all hope.
I am merely saying the more positive we all are it always filters through and pleasingly it's happening.
This next game RE: penicuik will be tough and if you look at the other possible winners RE:Scottish this weekend if we make the last eight we could realistically be facing kelty/Talbot etc so if we not good enough this week to win then it could impact on every comp we still compete for.
Confidence ability and wee bit of luck helps! win this and who knows we end up In the quarters,the confidence that brings surely will push them on,yes some tough teams remain but we are tough in their eyes too even your kelty/Talbot will be very wary.
My post reflects purely my confidence trust and belief.
If I am seen to be too cheesy or just seem too positive then I am not bothered really, I won't change or back down, I will pipe down though and see how this game Sat goes and hopefully no replay and we play the pollok game to schedule!
Comon!!! the Roy

End of the day yer on a Rob Roy thread not annoying anyone from another team you can be as positive and happy as you like mate.

I admit I'm dreaming of the scenes of lifting the league or Scottish or even West.

The trophy earlier in the season was more relief the next one whenever that may be will be a massive celebration !!

40 minutes ago, rednblack said:

End of the day yer on a Rob Roy thread not annoying anyone from another team you can be as positive and happy as you like mate.

I admit I'm dreaming of the scenes of lifting the league or Scottish or even West.

The trophy earlier in the season was more relief the next one whenever that may be will be a massive celebration !!

It certainly will and hope it all happens.

Massive party on the cards but let's see how it goes.

Came away from last week's tie against KRR thinking that the least we deserved from the match was a draw. However, it was not to be. Said to a couple of KRR fans that if Musselburgh win, I would have fancied our chances of going through to the quarter finals, cause although Penicuik are higher up in the league that Musselburgh, I believe that we are a better team. We drew at Penicuik in the 2nd game of the season, but were better than them.

At the end of the game last Saturday, I shook hands with the two KRR fans and said they would win his week, and it proved to be right. As near neighbours I want Bonnyrigg to win the Scottish cup, but if they don't all the best to KRR in the cup, and indeed with winning the West Super League

9 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Came away from last week's tie against KRR thinking that the least we deserved from the match was a draw. However, it was not to be. Said to a couple of KRR fans that if Musselburgh win, I would have fancied our chances of going through to the quarter finals, cause although Penicuik are higher up in the league that Musselburgh, I believe that we are a better team. We drew at Penicuik in the 2nd game of the season, but were better than them.

At the end of the game last Saturday, I shook hands with the two KRR fans and said they would win his week, and it proved to be right. As near neighbours I want Bonnyrigg to win the Scottish cup, but if they don't all the best to KRR in the cup, and indeed with winning the West Super League

Can't judge much on two games i suppose but i thought musselburgh played more passing football easy on the eye , penicuik big team with a bit of pace . Two good sides for me . We played fairly well in both games not at our absolute best but will take it !

22 minutes ago, rednblack said:

Can't judge much on two games i suppose but i thought musselburgh played more passing football easy on the eye , penicuik big team with a bit of pace . Two good sides for me . We played fairly well in both games not at our absolute best but will take it !

Thank you for that red. I've said in a few of my posts that I think that Musselburgh play good football most games, but sometimes don't get the results that we deserve. But we need to do this for the whole of the game ( felt that last week we only played well in the 2nd half). We also need to score more goals; have drawn almost half our league games.

However, as we started the season with a new management team, and only one signed player from last season, I would save the positives outweigh the negatives. We won in another cup today so we still have lots to play for this season - as most certainly you do too!

Brilliant game today. Really enjoyed it and we are now a team that are learning how to grind out results. we have quality players and today In all honestly the better team won. Penicuik are a good team but we limited them to a about 4 or 5 chances and had most of possession. Sawyers and duff wer outstanding and getting to the quarters of the Scottish is a massive achievement!!!

:thumsup2:guinness

Next!!!!!!!!

Have to be blooming well happy with everything just now! game at a time focus and move on.

The confidence is there! the quality is there! the belief is there!!

League games coming up all toughies but we are able.

Can life as a fan get any better?

It can and it will!!

The league run in will be interesting still have Talbot and glenafton to play twice! will be exciting games can't wait!!!

Felt like we were on pause there for weeks! with getting mussy game on and now we have barely blinked two games later we are in such a great position! and both teams we played worthy and capable of being in our shoes right now,credit to them and wish them every success in their campaigns 

Boommmmm! quarters for us class!!!

:thumsup2:guinness
Next!!!!!!!!
Have to be blooming well happy with everything just now! game at a time focus and move on.
The confidence is there! the quality is there! the belief is there!!
League games coming up all toughies but we are able.
Can life as a fan get any better?
It can and it will!!
The league run in will be interesting still have Talbot and glenafton to play twice! will be exciting games can't wait!!!
Felt like we were on pause there for weeks! with getting mussy game on and now we have barely blinked two games later we are in such a great position! and both teams we played worthy and capable of being in our shoes right now,credit to them and wish them every success in their campaigns 
Boommmmm! quarters for us class!!!

As I said last week to the sword Penicuik were put next weeks game will be huge and also a war just like last year can't say enough how big next week will be mon the roy

Not sure that's right at all.

For a start that cup win for us was our big one. The monkey off our back a wee bit of cup glory for long suffering fans and the fans will be forever grateful for that to the management team and players.It has also gave this squad massive belief.

Nobody at Rob Roy that i have spoke to or know has delusions of grandeur.

If our season finished tomorrow its been a great one winning another trophy would just turn a great season into a legendary season.

So what's gone before does count and has impacted in our history books.

Looked and sounded a decent crowd yesterday must have been around 500 anyway, no bad Rob Roy following hopefully that grows as we get to the business end of the season!

After following Roy for 20 odd years I can say tht Rob Roy of old would have lost that game yesterday. 1 down in 5 minutes. I think we would have crumbled. But maxi has got some amount of believe around the team. Fantastic manager and as much as the players are quality, he deserves a lot of the praise.
I agree wat you say about 'the monkey of our back". The times of following the Roy and going into games expecting to lose (not them all) has gone. Go to the games now and believe we can beat anyone!

Already said it we are dark horses this is a winnable trophy for us trust me nobody will fancy drawing us now as for rotating squad perhaps but it's getting to the finishing line now and the boys with the jerseys have carried us through so far so a bit harsh to chop and change now although some lads must be frustrated on the fringes every competition there for the taking going to be a great run in cmon the Roy it's in our hands

Archived