Clydebank Fc thread 2016-2017

BANKIEBILL

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, KilsythCoyle said:

Said the same in another thread:

Davie Greig and Co for Clydebank now surely a sensible option?? 

Experienced manager, good contacts within the game and a great motivator for players!!

Exactly what the Bankies need IMO.

Wee Davie has tonight been appointed as manager of Gartcairn.

10 minutes ago, KilsythCoyle said:

Said the same in another thread:

Davie Greig and Co for Clydebank now surely a sensible option?? 

Experienced manager, good contacts within the game and a great motivator for players!!

Exactly what the Bankies need IMO.

Stevie Rankin good choice?

Don't see why it would be madness, could be seen as a great opportunity? New stadium on the way, excellent squad, good fan base, a very strong upcoming 19s team to create a long term project.

Personally would love to see Moff get the job, very well respected with the fans and seems very knowledgeable on the game. Was an excellent pro with high standards and seems to have made a great impact with krr. 

Kinda thought this might happen after our victory over you last game but it's always sad to see someone who's have so much to the club to go , but any other time we've played bankies it's always been close an a ding dong battle , that last game players looked disinteresed an lacking fight , obviously i dont watch clydebank every week but seem a few guys on saying players were getting played out of position an tactics were strange ? So sore as it is to lose a club legend might be best to get fresh ideas in ?

Surprised by the timing but at the same time not really surprised. Over the piece Budgie has done an outstanding job with us and can go with his head held high.

Big decision now for the board and also a massive job to step into given the length of time Budgie was there and what he achieved. We do have the basis of a good team though, and should be doing better than we have so far this season. Whoever gets the job will need to hit the ground running.

Tommy Bryce wouldn't be the worst shout given he has the experience and contacts needed in the junior game, as well as a connection to the club.

Of course it would.

The guy has just stopped playing only this season took over number 2. Lots to learn and would madness to ditch what he is doing for a high pressure job where expectations are big chances are at this stage it would ruin him imo of course.

Excellent squad that's just not right as results have showed.

Fan base excellent that hasn't been the case for a few years now at clydebank by all accounts.

Strong under 21 team means very little to compete at top level junior never mind a strong 19s team so that in the main is irrelevant.

Stadium thing is a red herring a new manager might not see out his time at the club before its built.

As for made a great impact at krr he is obviously a important part of the coaching team and now this season the management as number 2 but he is working without the pressure or burden a number 1 .

As much as i think he will make a good manager one day now certainly isn't the right time for him, few well written blogs don't make a good manager btw.

Do you have a team Hareskirky, or are you a serial doom-merchant?

8 hours ago, hareskirky said:

Of course it would.
The guy has just stopped playing only this season took over number 2. Lots to learn and would madness to ditch what he is doing for a high pressure job where expectations are big chances are at this stage it would ruin him imo of course.

Excellent squad that's just not right as results have showed.

Fan base excellent that hasn't been the case for a few years now at clydebank by all accounts.

Strong under 21 team means very little to compete at top level junior never mind a strong 19s team so that in the main is irrelevant.

Stadium thing is a red herring a new manager might not see out his time at the club before its built.

As for made a great impact at krr he is obviously a important part of the coaching team and now this season the management as number 2 but he is working without the pressure or burden a number 1 .

As much as i think he will make a good manager one day now certainly isn't the right time for him, few well written blogs don't make a good manager btw.

Few things here:

Do understand about the jump up and the different pressures/demands that brings and is a fair point. 

We do have an excellent squad, if someone can get the best out of those players we won't be far off top 2. I don't think we were still sure what our best 11 or formation was so if that settled I reckon we are capable of going on a run that will be needed.

Fanbase is one of the best around, times may not be so good on the pitch as they were but we are still one of the best supported teams in junior football.

For the past 12 years we have consistently picked up the best players from Harmony Row, Campsie, Knightswood etc at U21. We have a long history of signing the best young players in the area and bringing them through. We can't afford to big earners at previous junior clubs so have relied on local players to come through. Having the best players in the area already at your club and integrate into the first team next 2/3 years...could be an exciting time ahead. 

Stadium a red herring? Plans are in place for it to be up and running by autumn next year so I'd presume whoever is manager will be given more than half a season.

Will be interesting none the less to see who applies, I think it is a great time for someone to take it on and build.

Not that shocked at the announcement, felt the time was right for a change but still wish he could have went out on a high. I'm sure all bankies fans will be forever grateful for the success he achieved and loyalty shown to the club.

Agree with what others have said, we have a strong team and are very well organised off the pitch, i am interested to see who takes on the job.

Archived