Football league 2016-2017

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. The new rule is only applicable in examples where the player has made an accidental foul. A deliberate handball, or indeed deliberate foul which stops a goal is still a red card.

On 08/12/2016 at 13:42, Glasgow Loon said:

Brighton made a £25.9m loss last season:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38251262

Despite making such a massive lose they apparently complied with the fair play rules :lol:

The accounts also show that the club has complied with Football League’s Financial Fair Play Rules for the period. Clubs voted to increase the level of permitted losses to £13m effective from the start of the 2015/16. Based on the operating loss adjusted for depreciation and allowable expenditure - such as our investment in our Category 1 academy - Albion will once again comply. 

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/brighton-hove-albion-3456363.aspx#Otp1yBKZs6x5t3BT.99

MK-Wimbledon tomorrow will be a interesting game. 

I do find it quite amusing that Wimbledon are sitting higher than the Dons just now, probably won't last however.

2 hours ago, mizfit said:

I do find it quite amusing that Wimbledon are sitting higher than the Dons just now, probably won't last however.

Sure Wimbledon's support would love it if they finished above them in the table this season more than anything else happening. 

The game tomorrow will be carnage. Shame it's not on tv would be good to watch it.

9 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I think Wednesday should sign Agbonlahor. For thirty million.

We have plenty of players doing a dissapearing act at the club who have not been seen since pre season or even last season so we don't need another player taking a wage. Although watched Agbonlahor vs Birmingham he looked lively when he came on did that not last?

He put himself about but he's burned too many bridges for my liking. He's not look vaguely arsed for most of the past half-decade, has often turned up to matches looking overweight and has made no effort to improve his fitness even when we sent him abroad, specifically to do so. He's a huge drain on the club coffers and a terrible example to youngsters at the club.

So, yeah, not too keen on him...

If Bruce can get him fully fit and on form, he'd be like a new signing. There's a lot worse in that league!

Didn't work out for him tonight, though. Much needed win for Norwich.

Impressive stuff by Leeds against Reading too.

Of course Shane Duffy would notch his first Brighton goal against Blackburn. How I never had a bet on him scoring tonight I'll never know.

First sub 10,000 crowd at Ewood in a league match since 1991. The club is in huge danger and not just relegation danger either. Absolutely nothing positive whatsoever at the minute.

Archived