Football league 2016-2017

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04mn44n
Major tantrum from Holloway after Brighton fans sing You're Getting Sacked In The Morning. It's made even better by the BBC broadcasting him ranting about a lack of respect in a page titled In Short. Hope they meant it.

"It's not my fault I beat you in the play-offs" :lol: It's like something a 10 year-old would say.

He's been rubbish over Christmas but I still like him overall. Not sure if the £25 million bid is cash up front or some sort of installments offer.

As for the game, not the greatest first half but superb second. Was quite impressed by Leeds, especially at the back where they always seemed to clear to one of their own players rather than panicking.... until they went fucking mental at the end!

Haven't seen replay of Leeds goal yet but looked like a free header followed by shit defending.

As for our goal... the referee should be put in stocks for not spotting that handball, useless twat!

Was convinced Leeds were gonna win at the death when they chipped the keeper on the break, was then equally convinced we had won it when Green (who always plays out of his fucking skin against us) saved from Kodjia.

Reckon we just about deserved a a draw, and pleased with fighting spirit when we would have surrendered in previous seasons.

Leeds join Newcastle and Brentford as the most impressive visitors to The Home of Football this season.

1 hour ago, Arbroathlegend36-0 said:

I've read that Jordan Rhodes and Henri Lansbury could be on there way to Derby. Where would that leave Derby regarding FFP however. 

Isn't Rhodes available on a loan deal? Bruce is rumoured to be interested in taking him to Villa too. 

Lansbury is out of contract at the end of the season so his value will be reduced. 

3 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Isn't Rhodes available on a loan deal? Bruce is rumoured to be interested in taking him to Villa too. 

Lansbury is out of contract at the end of the season so his value will be reduced. 

I know ourselves have been rumoured on trying to get him on loan however if teams like Aston Villa or Derby are willing to splash 12 million for him then that rules ourselves out because of FFP and we're not mad enough to spend that amount of money. 

8 hours ago, Arbroathlegend36-0 said:

I know ourselves have been rumoured on trying to get him on loan however if teams like Aston Villa or Derby are willing to splash 12 million for him then that rules ourselves out because of FFP and we're not mad enough to spend that amount of money. 

Middlesborough want to get back the £11m that they paid for Rhodes, ideally a bit more.

Villa have said that they won't pay such a fee. That's not surprising given his lack of game time this season. Bruce was initially interested in a loan deal. If Derby have FPP issues, a loan deal would be logical. It's hard to see how Boro can get £12 million for him January. 

ETA - Rhodes can't get a game, often not even on the bench, this season. That such suggests that he's not good enough for the EPL. Why on earth would a promotion chasing side want to pay such a large fee for him?

Archived