Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

I know I'm going against the grain here but does anyone else feel the game is abit clunky at times? I'm only a couple of hours in so I might just need to get used to it but I'm not loving it so far to be honest.

I know I'm going against the grain here but does anyone else feel the game is abit clunky at times? I'm only a couple of hours in so I might just need to get used to it but I'm not loving it so far to be honest.
First couple of hours is a pain in the arse tbh. The fucking snow does my tits in. It felt clunky to begin with but I'm used to it now.

I'm past the snow, rode for fucking miles with Hosea and then killed the legendary bear.

I always wondered how people always talked about pressing the wrong button and having disastrous consequences but already I've experienced it a few times. Couple of times on white dot missions, pressed triangle to get on my horse however ended up grappling with the female I was meant to be helping, passing nosey b*****d say this and started shooting at me. Second time I pressed L2 to interact with the npc I was to help and ended up drawing my gun, they took exception this and shot at me!

I'm past the snow, rode for fucking miles with Hosea and then killed the legendary bear.
I always wondered how people always talked about pressing the wrong button and having disastrous consequences but already I've experienced it a few times. Couple of times on white dot missions, pressed triangle to get on my horse however ended up grappling with the female I was meant to be helping, passing nosey b*****d say this and started shooting at me. Second time I pressed L2 to interact with the npc I was to help and ended up drawing my gun, they took exception this and shit at me!

Yes, the problems caused by pressing the wrong button can be a pain. Did I already share my shame of having to kill the butcher at Rhodes? I went to buy some steak, drew my gun instead, he took offence at that and started a fight with me. The daft b*****d wouldn't leave me alone even when I tried to walk away. He won't bother anyone anymore.

On 28/02/2019 at 21:24, spud131 said:

I always wondered how people always talked about pressing the wrong button and having disastrous consequences but already I've experienced it a few times. Couple of times on white dot missions, pressed triangle to get on my horse however ended up grappling with the female I was meant to be helping, passing nosey b*****d say this and started shooting at me. Second time I pressed L2 to interact with the npc I was to help and ended up drawing my gun, they took exception this and shot at me!

On 01/03/2019 at 06:05, Swarley said:
I always wondered how people always talked about pressing the wrong button and having disastrous consequences but already I've experienced it a few times. Couple of times on white dot missions, pressed triangle to get on my horse however ended up grappling with the female I was meant to be helping, passing nosey b*****d say this and started shooting at me. Second time I pressed L2 to interact with the npc I was to help and ended up drawing my gun, they took exception this and shit at me!

Yes, the problems caused by pressing the wrong button can be a pain. Did I already share my shame of having to kill the butcher at Rhodes? I went to buy some steak, drew my gun instead, he took offence at that and started a fight with me. The daft b*****d wouldn't leave me alone even when I tried to walk away. He won't bother anyone anymore.

I rescued a prisoner from three guards, hunted that he'd tell me a place to rob that would bring great reward, decided to holster my gun but ended up aiming it at him instead :lol:

I just gave up after 4 or 5 hours, everything was just so slow and clunky and laboured that i wasn't having fun

16 minutes ago, Crroma said:
On 28/02/2019 at 19:56, spud131 said:

I just gave up after 4 or 5 hours, everything was just so slow and clunky and laboured that i wasn't having fun

Are you not that Rammagamma weirdo though?

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Are you not that Rammagamma weirdo though?

Oh hey its RandomGuy, that poster who doesn't just follow St Johnstone but obsesses over every single little detail about their day-to-day business to the point it seems like a bit of a gimmick

Just now, Crroma said:

Oh hey its RandomGuy, that poster who doesn't just follow St Johnstone but obsesses over every single little detail about their day-to-day business to the point it seems like a bit of a gimmick

I'll take that as a yes.

I always wondered how people always talked about pressing the wrong button and having disastrous consequences but already I've experienced it a few times. Couple of times on white dot missions, pressed triangle to get on my horse however ended up grappling with the female I was meant to be helping, passing nosey b*****d say this and started shooting at me.

I went through nearly the entire game without this happening, then in the last chapter and epilogues I must have done it half a dozen times :o

I did it quite a bit at the start of the game but got better at it.  It raised its head again last night though as I got a bit carried away escaping from the law.  After punching out one mounted polis, Arthur then went after the horse, kicking it to the ground.  At least his own horse Butterscotch didn't have to witness it.

Replaying and loving the sequence from (pretty big spoilers from end of chapter 5/start of 6)...

returning to Guarma up to settling in your new camp.  The music-backed ride back to Shady Belle particularly.  I don't think Rockstar quite delivered the home-run they usually do, but when they get it right, they get it really right.

Weird seeing all the little nods to Arthur's diagnosis starting after you get washed up on Guarma.  Didn't mean much the first time because you don't know what was coming, but replaying with knowledge you see him deteriorating slightly in scenes.  

I've seen light spoilers of how the whole thing ends, but not fully.  Really looking forward to finally getting through it all.  Story has its pacing problems, but it's still wonderful stuff.

Just now, Crroma said:
5 hours ago, forameus said:
Yass!  The contrary RagingGamer is back!  Can't wait to see what kerr-aaaaazy things he comes out with.

Red Dead 2 isn't a fun videogame.

It's not quite as fun as your stuff on the Nintendo Switch, but I guess you can't always hit out with solid gold shite each time.  Keep at it though, I'm sure someone believes in you.

Well 2 reasons 1) its an opinion so it doesn't need a disclaimer and 2) i can rant about how slow and plodding the game felt and that was a major reason i didn't have a good time but if it worked for you then my opinion is mute.