Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

An hour and a half racked up trying to get Gambler 8 Challenge. The AI is taking the complete piss I reckon. Got a 2/3 dealt to me. Obviously hit and got a 3, then a 2 then another fecking 3! Sitting with 13 and the dealer had a 9 on show so I hit again because I just knew he'd have a 10 or a face card. Got a 10. Absolutely fizzing.

On 23/05/2020 at 19:12, 19QOS19 said:
On 23/05/2020 at 18:07, Busta Nut said:
yeah, canny do it

Go to St Denis to do it. I looked at the video that helped me and it says you don't have to win 3 in a row. Just win 3 times.

it was gambler 9 actually.

Chapter 3 now, and the Mexican shooting contest guy reappeared with no grudges about me murdering him previously. I've got the Arabian but will stick with the thoroughbred, even if it is a wuss about snakes, wolves and gators.

1 minute ago, Mr X said:
1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
Finally found a way to see how many hours you've played (PS4). 154 so far for me. Reckon it'll be over 200 by the time I'm done. 92% just now. 

How?

Screenshot_20200529-145204.png

I cannot win 3 domino games in a row
it was gambler 9 actually.

FINALLY completed Gambler 8 (around 2 and a half hours) and onto this. It's actually pretty easy this one. Just play one on one (Van Horn) and if you are about to lose the game leave the table before it happens. It doesn't go through as a defeat and you keep the games you have won. Time consuming but at least there is a bit of skill needed rather than luck like the BlackJack one

I got the horseman achievement for dragging someone, happily encountered the klan as the request came up. My assistant only made it 3,000 feet, but apparently a corpse counts just fine.

I've started in with the nite folk now, worse than the murfrees.

Completed all 90 challenges and only have 4 animals to find for the compendium. My side quests are becoming fewer :( 93.8% total completion and 86% main story complete. Don't think I've ever played a game where my main story % has been lower than my overall one.

On 25/05/2020 at 11:09, 19QOS19 said:
On 25/05/2020 at 03:03, Rodhull said:
I don’t think any of the animals from that location count towards the 100% so you might have wasted some of your time?

I can't get 100% now anyway after botching the Vampire bit. But for my own OCD I wanted to complete the compendium. Though I failed to pick up certain characters guns previously so I don't think that'll be possible either. Unless I remember what mission I killed people and go back later for them.

The Vampire mission has nothing to do with 100% completion.  You need ten of the many strangers missions that the Vampire isn't included,  The weapon can go towards completing your weapon compendium but you only need a certain number of weapons for the 100% completion, you don't need them all.

The Vampire mission has nothing to do with 100% completion.  You need ten of the many strangers missions that the Vampire isn't included,  The weapon can go towards completing your weapon compendium but you only need a certain number of weapons for the 100% completion, you don't need them all.
Yeah I see that now. I just have to put the squirrel on the mantel and finish the main story for 100%. I was planning to get all the compendium complete but I can't now sadly. I expect I'll be finished with the game by the end of the week :(

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

Yeah I see that now. I just have to put the squirrel on the mantel and finish the main story for 100%. I was planning to get all the compendium complete but I can't now sadly. I expect I'll be finished with the game by the end of the week :(

Believe me you won't be.  I still get hankerings for shooting explosive shotgun rounds in a bears face, a sunny afternoons fishing and the occasional pinkerton slaughter in Blackwater.

Believe me you won't be.  I still get hankerings for shooting explosive shotgun rounds in a bears face, a sunny afternoons fishing and the occasional pinkerton slaughter in Blackwater.
Funnily enough, since going for the bounty trophy today ($250 bounty in all states for 3 days) and having my honor level way in the red I've enjoyed being a "badass". I was on a farm kicking pigs pishing myself earlier on.