Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

Did you do the Horse challenge where you had to ride to Blackwater before that area opens up?
No I think I must have done it later on as you are chased almost instantly as soon as you go in the red. I don't think I got close to Blackwater before we were allowed there.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

I was wondering the other day what happened to Ramagamma but it's good to see him still posting. 

My favorite Ramagamma moment was when he called folk c***s for pre-ordering games and then a few posts later admitted to pre-ordering games. Less favorite was when he called folk and their kids c***s for looking forward to a console release.

My favorite Ramagamma moment was when he called folk c***s for pre-ordering games and then a few posts later admitted to pre-ordering games. Less favorite was when he called folk and their kids c***s for looking forward to a console release.
Ooo. That might have been me

2 hours ago, Mr X said:
6 hours ago, MSU said:

Ooo. That might have been me

I believe it was.

He was right about the Switch, right enough. And by right, I mean absolutely fucking wrong.

29 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I think I'm going to finally get this at the weekend, be it the first or second one.

That's kind of a San Andreas v's GTAV decision, as long as you can put up with the original showing it's age it's a great game.

4 minutes ago, Johnstoun said:

That's kind of a San Andreas v's GTAV decision, as long as you can put up with the original showing it's age it's a great game.

Doesn't look so bad on Youtube gameplays. Skyrim was a year later and if I had all the time in the world I'd happily go back and immense myself there. 

7 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Doesn't look so bad on Youtube gameplays. Skyrim was a year later and if I had all the time in the world I'd happily go back and immense myself there. 

I find the controls a fair bit clunkier on the original. I have Skyrim on both consoles and PC, the VR version is great.

I think I'm going to finally get this at the weekend, be it the first or second one.
I've already said it but if you want to play them, do RDR first. If RDR2 "gets you", then RDR will be a major letdown. But for a first playthrough I expect RDR still holds up well.

So, tonight was a complete waste of time.

Spent ages and lots of money trying to do the tomohawk 80 feet challenge. Couldn't understand why I was killing random bystanders but wasn't far enough away.

Then find out you have to kill enemies, normal npcs dont count default_sad.png
Bit of a ball ache some of those. Sometimes you only need to do it to civilians, other times it needs to be enemies. When you get to the dynamite one give me a shout. An absolute nightmare but I managed to find something online that was a great tip.

33 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
16 hours ago, Mr X said:
So, tonight was a complete waste of time.

Spent ages and lots of money trying to do the tomohawk 80 feet challenge. Couldn't understand why I was killing random bystanders but wasn't far enough away.

Then find out you have to kill enemies, normal npcs dont count default_sad.png

Bit of a ball ache some of those. Sometimes you only need to do it to civilians, other times it needs to be enemies. When you get to the dynamite one give me a shout. An absolute nightmare but I managed to find something online that was a great tip.

Cool, cheers.

Just realised that I did exactly the same with the knife throwing one <_<

I've got the consecutive headshots and consecutive small game arrows to do ... could be a while!

For the Tommahawk one, you can go close to a gang hideout, so you aren't close enough to get charged at, and get a lot of time to line it up.  There is a gang hide out where the epilogue is based.  There is a gang member against the fence, and you can just ping him with the tommahawk until you get the distance correct.  Just run away and come back and he respawns.

For the Tommahawk one, you can go close to a gang hideout, so you aren't close enough to get charged at, and get a lot of time to line it up.  There is a gang hide out where the epilogue is based.  There is a gang member against the fence, and you can just ping him with the tommahawk until you get the distance correct.  Just run away and come back and he respawns.
That's almost exactly what I did, but to a different gang.

My attempts to do the same with the knives didn't go so well!