Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

25 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I play this game quite a lot online. I was playing a few days ago and bumped into someone who's crew was called "something Rangers", I excitedly got off my horse (Big Buff) and offered the person a 3 star buck pelt, they took it, turned on my mic, they were 'Murican and had no idea about Glasgow Rangers, couldn't exactly ask for the pelt back either.

Whats it like online? Are there solo missions to do? Any kind of storyline? Or is it just wandering around bumping into random Rangers fans?

19 hours ago, Mr X said:

Whats it like online? Are there solo missions to do? Any kind of storyline? Or is it just wandering around bumping into random Rangers fans?

It's really good fun, have you ever played GTA Online, it's similar in the sense that you have roles/businesses to work on so you always have something to do, at first it was a little bit boring but I think now they've struck the balance where it's almost as immersive as the offline story. There are new items in the online that go alongside the role which are cool like  bolas, metal detectors, torches and different guns etc. The roles themselves are varied, you have bounty hunting, collecting rare items, making moonshine (that's very cool) and a new naturalist role where you have to sedate sample and photograph animals and the classic cripps trading where you return carcasses back to camp, they get made into valuables which you then sell off and all of these roles have new missions to go alongside them. It's worth a shot but can be a lot to take in at the start. 

On 21/08/2020 at 18:10, Boostin' Kev said:

Is online any good just now?  Starting to get quite far through the storyline.

Started an online game tonight. Seems ok, just getting led through a few early missions.

One thing that stands out, and could be a deal breaker, is the lack of voice acting for your character. Its really weird to see them just stand silent when others are talking to you.

25 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Started an online game tonight. Seems ok, just getting led through a few early missions.

One thing that stands out, and could be a deal breaker, is the lack of voice acting for your character. Its really weird to see them just stand silent when others are talking to you.

That's the biggest issue for me online. Can't take to it without the 2 way dialogue

17 hours ago, dumpweed said:

That's the biggest issue for me online. Can't take to it without the 2 way dialogue

Yeah, played it a bit more thsi afternoon and its really weird.

Expected to see more PCs around the map, although one of the few I did come across deliberately rode across me <_<

The NPCs respond do your emotes, I've got a thumbs up which people appreciate or I can do the fingers and people get pissed, lawman shoot at you etc. Online is great if you enjoy a casual experience, all about doing your own thing. 

Trusss me. RDR2 is worth playing online...

There is a town there that has a Cholera outbreak and everybody is sick and the town is definitely suffering, I've been going through regularly and been doing social distancing/mask wearing/general health and safety. It's very immersive and enjoyable. They react well to your emotes.

Also,

Have you ever heard such fire piano music? 🔥🔥🔥

https://clips.twitch.tv/DignifiedResoluteStorkPJSugar

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JamieT1314 said:

Jesus christ this drags on at the end.

Just completed it last night after giving it up for well over a year after getting halfway through chapter 3. One of the best games I've played.  I know the point of the epilogue is to give a feeling of ennui/change of direction for JM but the manual labour tasks and storyline parts with Jack were the worst of the game easily.

Is anyone playing online?  I can't use an external hard drive and could use freeing up the space thanks to Activison and Warzone. @Mr X how are you finding it?  I still have pretty much all the challenges to do in the storyline but cba with it really.

3 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Just completed it last night after giving it up for well over a year after getting halfway through chapter 3. One of the best games I've played.  I know the point of the epilogue is to give a feeling of ennui/change of direction for JM but the manual labour tasks and storyline parts with Jack were the worst of the game easily.

Is anyone playing online?  I can't use an external hard drive and could use freeing up the space thanks to Activison and Warzone. @Mr X how are you finding it?  I still have pretty much all the challenges to do in the storyline but cba with it really.

I wasnt all that keen on the epilogue either, I rattled through it to get it done rather than because I enjoyed it.

I havent gone back to online, to be honest. Quite enjoyed roaming around and did a couple of little quests but I did two that you're forced to do with other players and I hated them.

Im the same with the main story, I have a bunch of challenges to do that I cant be arsed with, mainly because they're either tough ones or they involve a lot of grinding/searching 

53 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I wasnt all that keen on the epilogue either, I rattled through it to get it done rather than because I enjoyed it.

I havent gone back to online, to be honest. Quite enjoyed roaming around and did a couple of little quests but I did two that you're forced to do with other players and I hated them.

Im the same with the main story, I have a bunch of challenges to do that I cant be arsed with, mainly because they're either tough ones or they involve a lot of grinding/searching 

I'll probably just quit while I'm ahead then and delete for the time being, can reinstall with saved data later. 

It's all I've been playing for the past couple of months so going to do some pick up and play fun games for a while. Still got loads to do on N Sane Trilogy, CTR and I'll go back to Modern Warfare MP (not Warzone). 

Thinking of giving Witcher 3 and Bioshock remastereds another try at some point. They're like RDR2 where I never really got into them much but get a lot of acclaim. 

11 hours ago, Boostin' Kev said:

I online regularly. Seasoned veteran.