Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

For some reason on PS5 the game suddenly looks a bit shit, it's aw blurry and stuff. I've had a quick google and it does seem common, something about the settings, I dunno if I can be bothered changing settings around or anything. Might need a ripper 4k tv or something. 

For some reason on PS5 the game suddenly looks a bit shit, it's aw blurry and stuff. I've had a quick google and it does seem common, something about the settings, I dunno if I can be bothered changing settings around or anything. Might need a ripper 4k tv or something. 
I tried it on the PS5 and thought it looked the same. I didn't go beyond the snow stage mind you.

31 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:
16 hours ago, SANTAN said:

I tried it on the PS5 and thought it looked the same. I didn't go beyond the snow stage mind you.

Do you have a very good tv? 

45 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:
On 15/07/2021 at 11:16, SANTAN said:
Do you have a very good tv? 

Not particularly. It's a 4K LG with HDR but a good few years old now

I think if you've got 4k the settings are already compatible in fairness so you wouldn't have noticed a difference. My TV is quite big and decent quality just not 4k so it's a bit annoying, it's not unplayable it's just quite noticable, especially at night time in the game, can't see anything. 

58 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Having to pay off bounties. Making f**k all money without killing / robbing c***s and getting caught and grassed on and being wanted everywhere. Havnt even paid off all my wanted bounties yet.

Class though 

Yeah it's quite hard to make money at the start without doing that stuff, of course it's fun so batter on with it however just progressing the story line opens up money making jobs and less chance of run ins with the law. 

I'm really enjoying the new update. Plenty new missions and cool homesteads to rob and stuff. 

The game is probably at the stage that it should have been when online was released... 

19 hours ago, Robin.Hood said:

Having to pay off bounties. Making f**k all money without killing / robbing c***s and getting caught and grassed on and being wanted everywhere. Havnt even paid off all my wanted bounties yet.

Class though 

Once you've unlocked the fence making money by stealing carts becomes a relatively easy way to get rich. Sounds like you need to work on defusing witnesses. Its not as difficult as it seems to persuade someone not to grass you up.

Alternatively, find a nice secluded spot with some convenient body hiding places and just kill everyone. You'll need one of those to complete some of the challenges later on anyway.

The other option is to cheat a little and look up some of the treasure maps online.

20 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Once you've unlocked the fence making money by stealing carts becomes a relatively easy way to get rich. Sounds like you need to work on defusing witnesses. Its not as difficult as it seems to persuade someone not to grass you up.

Alternatively, find a nice secluded spot with some convenient body hiding places and just kill everyone. You'll need one of those to complete some of the challenges later on anyway.

The other option is to cheat a little and look up some of the treasure maps online.

Yeah will go back to story mode for a bit I think. Hiding bodies I havnt did. Just usually kill then Rob n off I go.

Treasure map I bought one. ( first time I havnt robbed someone) and its literally a picture of a hill.  I dont wanna cheat but how on earth would I find this? 

4 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Yeah will go back to story mode for a bit I think. Hiding bodies I havnt did. Just usually kill then Rob n off I go.

Treasure map I bought one. ( first time I havnt robbed someone) and its literally a picture of a hill.  I dont wanna cheat but how on earth would I find this? 

Hiding is good to stop witnesses but you have to be pretty quick sometimes.

Finding the treasure on maps is easy ... cheat! :lol:

The money side of the game seemed a bit pointless to me.  Don't remember ever struggling for it in the way that you probably should have given the setting.  Worst part was (I'll spoiler for those still playing for the first time)...

Spoiler

Worst part was playing as John in the epilogue, and the whole game is geared around you being poor and trying to make changes to get Abigail back.  Only I had Arthur's satchel, which was positively creaking with all the shite I'd yet to sell. Bit jarring to have John moan about how he barely had pennies to rub together, while the character was probably richer than at any point during the game (even worse if you leave behind the money that the guys at the pig farm steal from you, then collect it as John)

22 minutes ago, forameus said:

The money side of the game seemed a bit pointless to me.  Don't remember ever struggling for it in the way that you probably should have given the setting.  Worst part was (I'll spoiler for those still playing for the first time)...

Hide contents

Worst part was playing as John in the epilogue, and the whole game is geared around you being poor and trying to make changes to get Abigail back.  Only I had Arthur's satchel, which was positively creaking with all the shite I'd yet to sell. Bit jarring to have John moan about how he barely had pennies to rub together, while the character was probably richer than at any point during the game (even worse if you leave behind the money that the guys at the pig farm steal from you, then collect it as John)

Theres no doubt the economy is  completely borked. The whole premise of the game is the gang trying to get enough money to leave when, unless you're playing like a moron, Arthur has 3 or 4 times the gangs stash from pretty early on.

ETA - the only time I remember "worrying" about the money, or grinding just to make cash was fairly early on when you need to get a few thousand to upgrade the camp.

Edited by Mr X

2 hours ago, Mr X said:

Theres no doubt the economy is  completely borked. The whole premise of the game is the gang trying to get enough money to leave when, unless you're playing like a moron, Arthur has 3 or 4 times the gangs stash from pretty early on.

ETA - the only time I remember "worrying" about the money, or grinding just to make cash was fairly early on when you need to get a few thousand to upgrade the camp.

I hope this is where I'm at as I'm struggling all the time ( I'm also a shite gamer). Is class though

1 hour ago, Robin.Hood said:

I'm bounty free. Time to play more smart. Doing bounty hunting is good fun however pay is shite. Fishing is alright 

How far through are you mission wise now? 

1 hour ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Online got any better.? 

Depends on your standards. It's miles better than it once was, if you've not played it in a while then there's loads to do and catch up with. I play it probably more regularly than most and I've really enjoyed the latest update, certainly a meaty one.

None of my mates cba to play it and nobody on here seems to like it which sucks as it's a lot better than people give it credit for, I think the lack of flying motorbikes puts people off bizarrely.