Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

I don't understand the issue with the opening BTW. It was to rally fine to introduce some of the characters, a bit of why they're in the snow and a simple introduction to some of the controls, I'm assuming chapter 2 will expand on this a bit. Totally fine with it.

Will grab a couple of hours tomorrow and pine for it till I get home from holiday!

I don't understand the issue with the opening BTW. It was to rally fine to introduce some of the characters, a bit of why they're in the snow and a simple introduction to some of the controls, I'm assuming chapter 2 will expand on this a bit. Totally fine with it.

Will grab a couple of hours tomorrow and pine for it till I get home from holiday!
I guess it wasn't that bad. But it was a bit long and at times pretty slow going trudging through the snow.

If the rest of the game was like that it would have been awful. So it's easy for new players to start and think "this isn't for me" (which is what I didnt first time round)

22 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I guess it wasn't that bad. But it was a bit long and at times pretty slow going trudging through the snow.

If the rest of the game was like that it would have been awful. So it's easy for new players to start and think "this isn't for me" (which is what I didnt first time round)

I wasn't far off doing that. That freedom of just fannying about is class. Still dae it. Many side missions are better than the story. 

I just truly hate snow in games. RDR2 is my favourite game and I love TLOU, both if them have snow sections that I really despise though. I started Valhalla the other week and the start is in snow as well and I was close to packing it in.

I really can't put my finger on why I hate snow. It's maybe because it feels like an eternity to get anywhere or that it's super boring in regards to background. But I genuinely despise it.

Highlights today include smashing into a tree at full speed, running over a goose and getting head butted by a deer.
Dare you to run at a tree stump. You're horse will jump it automatically, honestly.

I wasn't far off doing that. That freedom of just fannying about is class. Still dae it. Many side missions are better than the story. 
Not just the side missions. Id quite often put it on and went hunting or fishing or just rode around gawping at how good the game looked (well on the PC anyway ;))

I installed a fast travel mod on the PC but glad Id already played through it all and had to ride around. Would have missed so much with fast travel on the first play though

18 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Not just the side missions. Id quite often put it on and went hunting or fishing or just rode around gawping at how good the game looked (well on the PC anyway ;))

I installed a fast travel mod on the PC but glad Id already played through it all and had to ride around. Would have missed so much with fast travel on the first play though

Fast travel is still shite. Handy but shite. You need to be at camp to use it where half the time I'm no where near it. 

Generally speaking I hate fast travelling in games, it just breaks the immersion for me. Usually try and avoid it at all costs. If you're the type of person to play a game like RDR2 and fast travel between every mission then you don't appreciate free roams and would probably be better off with a more structured game. Most of the fun stuff comes from spontaneous moments rather than the structured missions. 

Fast travel is still shite. Handy but shite. You need to be at camp to use it where half the time I'm no where near it. 
Not with the PC mod.

I agree it's generally shit and I don't use it too often. But it's handy if you just need to nip somewhere quickly or get back to camp.

20 hours ago, SANTAN said:

Generally speaking I hate fast travelling in games, it just breaks the immersion for me. Usually try and avoid it at all costs. If you're the type of person to play a game like RDR2 and fast travel between every mission then you don't appreciate free roams and would probably be better off with a more structured game. Most of the fun stuff comes from spontaneous moments rather than the structured missions. 

20 hours ago, Mr X said:

Not with the PC mod.

I agree it's generally shit and I don't use it too often. But it's handy if you just need to nip somewhere quickly or get back to camp.

Only time it's good is when you have cleared out areas and have no need to trudge through them, both newer tomb raider games its a godsend when you find the one wee thing needed to unlock a side quest, but have to backtrack through ages of utter shite 

Spiderman and miles morales however, f**k using fast travel, swinging through new york is utter glorious, plus random crimes pop up which break the boredom aspect

You can take the train or a coach as well which are generally in every town.

I agree fast travel wasn't a necessity in RDR2. I didn't use it too often as something always happened when you were travelling. The only time I really used it was when I was after a certain animal and would travel to a station close to their usual spawn location.