The Celtic (a.k.a 'The Champions) thread 2016/17

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has a Mod ever confirmed that hellbhoy and forever blue aren't the same person? Virtually identical

Good start to the season. The first team are progressing in the CL qualifiers & are now guaranteed European football up until Christmas in one shape or another still need a few new recruits but the rebuilding job is coming along slowly but surely. The most telling thing has been the process of trimming down our over-sized squad to a more manageable one.

Then we pumped Annan Athletic with our U20's when The Rangers could only manage a 2-0 win v them 2 weeks earlier with their first team. Got to take encouragement from that too.

6 hours ago, Davie Bhoy said:

Then we pumped Annan Athletic with our U20's when The Rangers could only manage a 2-0 win v them 2 weeks earlier with their first team. Got to take encouragement from that too.

Davie?, the U20's in that competition has ruined it for the lower league clubs imo.

Also I wouldn't use it as a benchmark either.

Davie?, the U20's in that competition has ruined it for the lower league clubs imo.

There are pro's & cons to it mate.

I do get the argument against having the U20's in the competition & respect those arguments. However, I feel that the pro's carry more weight. Maybe in future I'll change my mind but just now I think it's a good idea.

Also I wouldn't use it as a benchmark either.

Not too much but two competitive games v the same side & you obviously have to look at the differences to see what you can take from it.

30 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

There are pro's & cons to it mate.

I do get the argument against having the U20's in the competition & respect those arguments. However, I feel that the pro's carry more weight. Maybe in future I'll change my mind but just now I think it's a good idea.

Not too much but two competitive games v the same side & you obviously have to look at the differences to see what you can take from it.

Aye I suppose, there could be benefits playing the U20's in real competitive fixtures helping the kids develop better and quicker. But I am mainly against it because it is akin to robbing the lower division clubs of winning a trophy, but in saying that if a lower league club wins it then it may have more meaning and gratification when they lift the cup.

The youth and the senior squad are two completely different teams that on any given day could give completely different outcomes, one day beat them 5 nil and the next day lose by 5 goals. That's why I'm not going to read much into it.

Wow, what a player this wee guy is. Can see him getting fast tracked through the system. I fully expect the rich English clubs to pull the same stunts they did with Islam Feruz though.

Hopefully the wee man stays put.

Ok lads chaps guys boys bois bhoys, talk to me about Joe Thomson. What sort of player can we expect?

Any video highlights will be rewarded with a greenie

If he's as good as Lindsay and Findlay you previously sent us then that'd be absolutely smashing.

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Ok lads chaps guys boys bois bhoys, talk to me about Joe Thomson. What sort of player can we expect?

Any video highlights will be rewarded with a greenie

If he's as good as Lindsay and Findlay you previously sent us then that'd be absolutely smashing.

He's a decent attack minded midfielder, I don't have the stats at hand but I know he has reasonable scoring record as well as being quite the creator when it comes to goals.  If memory serves me he's only made two sub appearances for the first team but is one of the better players from the Development Squad.

Just now, TheCelt67 said:

He's a decent attack minded midfielder, I don't have the stats at hand but I know he has reasonable scoring record as well as being quite the creator when it comes to goals.  If memory serves me he's only made two sub appearances for the first team but is one of the better players from the Development Squad.

That sounds ideal. At the moment we have a team of hard workers, but very little in the way of energy in the midfield. We're also likely to go with a 4-4-1-1, so any goals from the midfield could prove vital.

Cheers :)

2 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

That sounds ideal. At the moment we have a team of hard workers, but very little in the way of energy in the midfield. We're also likely to go with a 4-4-1-1, so any goals from the midfield could prove vital.

Cheers :)

Videos 3 and 10 are the only footage I could find of him for you.

Scott Sinclair signs, Scott Sinclair scores.

Onwards to 6 in a row.

Be interested to see who Rodgers has up his sleeve to sign going by his comments. The media are unusually quiet on the target(s). Looks like he might have them stumped.

Sellick fans in racist abuse, again:

http://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/edinburgh-nus-delegate-calls-zionists-sub-human-rats/

An Edinburgh University student elected as the institution’s delegate to the national student union has found himself the centre of attention, after calling Zionists “sub-human rats” in a social media rant.

What an absolute gang the grey and green morons are.  BTW 'yer just as bad' is the reply of the dull and the simple.

Archived