Why no polls?

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Colkitto said:

Latest YouGov Westminster poll (sub sample) SNP 49%  Labour (Scot) 11% :o

Hell fucking mend them.  I already held a healthy dose of contempt for Labour but events of this past week make their inevitable demise all the more delightful.

Jackie Baillie, Kezia, Anas Sarwar, Neil Findlay et al deserve the political oblivion heading their way.

1 minute ago, Fide said:

Hell fucking mend them.  I already held a healthy dose of contempt for Labour but events of this past week make their inevitable demise all the more delightful.

Jackie Baillie, Kezia, Anas Sarwar, Neil Findlay et al deserve the political oblivion heading their way.

Couldn't agree more! :thumsup2

1 hour ago, Colkitto said:

It's all getting a little desperate now no? 

Alex Burnett Tory MSP now conducting his own polls :lol:

1. C5v2m_fWQAA0tU5.jpg

Interesting visuals in that the UK flag has to be above the Saltire; just about sums up the Unionist stance. He did win a  Constituency seat in 2016 from the SNP so I would not expect his sample to reflect anything else. Would be keen to see the hard evidence of his "asking" and the complete question.

The thing is, Ruthie and her ilk are absolutely desperate for a second referendum to be called, ahead of May's local elections if possible. They need to be able to play up their "vote for us to stand firm against Scotland's statehood and sovereignty" stance (or "vote Tory for 1707/the blessed UK/the army", as they marker it). They need indyref2 to fire up their orange order loyalist core.

52 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

If Labour poll in single figures you might just think they'd get the message - but then pigs may fly first.

If they don't get the message when they lose all those Labour Councillors in May and start polling in single figures will they ever?  

16 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

If they don't get the message when they lose all those Labour Councillors in May and start polling in single figures will they ever?  

Remember when we used to laugh about how few Tories there were in Scotland?  Ah, nostalgia...

They've got a black woman hounded off twitter story now to back up the racism story.
I've no doubt there's some morons crossed the line again but backing up the Nationalist =Racist story by bringing up 18th century slave trade deserves ridicule.

31 minutes ago, mjw said:

They've got a black woman hounded off twitter story now to back up the racism story.
I've no doubt there's some morons crossed the line again but backing up the Nationalist =Racist story by bringing up 18th century slave trade deserves ridicule.

This cycle is getting so boring now.

Some vacuous w**k spouts shite about the Yes movement, people get justifiably annoyed, the person locks their twitter account, Severin/ David Clegg/ Chris Deerin write a story about how the wee snowflake was hounded off Twitter.

This is just the start of a rather vicious BetterTogether2 campaign, imo.

This cycle is getting so boring now.
Some vacuous w**k spouts shite about the Yes movement, people get justifiably annoyed, the person locks their twitter account, Severin/ David Clegg/ Chris Deerin write a story about how the wee snowflake was hounded off Twitter.
This is just the start of a rather vicious BetterTogether2 campaign, imo.

BT2 has begun hasn't it? It's been ramping up for the last 2 months. I agree with your assessment that this time it will be vicious. Cornered animals have little choice. Ruth will fucking LOVE it!

Interesting visuals in that the UK flag has to be above the Saltire; just about sums up the Unionist stance. He did win a  Constituency seat in 2016 from the SNP so I would not expect his sample to reflect anything else. Would be keen to see the hard evidence of his "asking" and the complete question.

I thought the fact that those percentages match 5 out of 6 rounded to a whole percentage was striking

I'm not saying he only asked 6 people

But I'm not ruling that out either

I thought the fact that those percentages match 5 out of 6 rounded to a whole percentage was striking

I'm not saying he only asked 6 people

But I'm not ruling that out either

It says at the bottom 815 respondents,is that the amount of conservative members there ?

7 hours ago, jakedee said:

It says at the bottom 815 respondents,is that the amount of conservative members there ?

He probably surveyed people at a hunting and shooting weekend n the country.

1 hour ago, Big Fifer said:

Anyone know if the SNP will release the results of their consultancy thing they did a few months back? You'd have thought if it was a rip-roaring success we'd have heard by now...

The report will be published when all the responses have been checked.

"Where respondents have given permission for their response to be made public, and after we have checked that they contain no potentially defamatory material, responses will be made available to the public at http://consult.scotland.gov.uk."

Before the 2014 referendum, the consultation closed on 11/05/2012 and the first report was published on 23/10/12, more than 5 months later. That appears to be pretty typical for consultations that attract a large number of responses.

Nice attempt to imply that it's not been a "rip-roaring success" without a shred of evidence to support your view though.

Archived