Why no polls?

I reckon he's asked eight people, seven of whom are members of his own family, and the other one said "for". Then he rounded the 12.5% up to 13% and the 87.5% down to 87%.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The report will be published when all the responses have been checked.
"Where respondents have given permission for their response to be made public, and after we have checked that they contain no potentially defamatory material, responses will be made available to the public at http://consult.scotland.gov.uk."
Before the 2014 referendum, the consultation closed on 11/05/2012 and the first report was published on 23/10/12, more than 5 months later. That appears to be pretty typical for consultations that attract a large number of responses.
Nice attempt to imply that it's not been a "rip-roaring success" without a shred of evidence to support your view though.

I'm a pretty die hard yes voter, so I'd walk back to wherever you jumped to your conclusion from. I had just assumed that the stuff like how folk would vote etc would have been very easy to collate and if the majority said they supported Yes then it would have been insta-released. Thanks for the rest of your post though, very helpful if not a little dry towards the end.

Apologies for reaching the wrong conclusion re your views, but the last line of your previous post did look like an attempt to accuse the SNP of withholding the result.

Personally, I would predict that the vast majority of responses will be positive, as I would suggest that independence supporters will be more likely to respond to the consultation than unionists. Accordingly, I fully expect the likes of the Daily Mail to attempt to portray the result as a 'fix'.

This just came up on my podcast feed and I thought it might be of interest

Radio 4 Analysis
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08gx81y

How do the SNP sell a second referendum?

Could a second referendum on Scottish independence yield a different result? In September 2014 when Scotland voted against becoming an independent country it seemed like the question had been settled for the foreseeable future. All that changed on June 23rd 2016 when the UK voted to leave the EU. Just a few hours later - before she'd even been to bed - Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon was already talking about the prospect of another vote on independence. Ever since she has been ramping up the rhetoric. But what would the SNP's strategy be second time around?

BBC Scotland Editor Sarah Smith explores whether the SNP would dare call another vote when there seems little appetite and opinion polls have failed to move as much as Nicola Sturgeon might have expected following the Brexit vote. Sarah talks to strategists and politicians for an insight into how things might be different should a second referendum take place in the near future. She asks whether an independent Scotland would be accepted into the EU and what the future might hold for the first minister should she fail to achieve what she sees as her duty - offering Scotland another chance to gain independence.

Presenter: Sarah Smith
Producer: Ben Carter.

2 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Getting there and that's despite the shower of shite from the media.

Yip, good starting point before any campaign and the full effects of Brexit. 

Majority of men now back Independence, but 56% of women back the Union. Get the womens vote and we win!  

1 hour ago, Colkitto said:

IPSOS MORI

Indyref2 - YES 50%  NO 50% 

This is positive but I am more wary of polls now than in the past.  Last GE and Brexit polls show how inacurate they can be.

1 hour ago, Colkitto said:

In other good news..

1. C6d99y0WQAEpUQf.jpg

Surely Keiza will have to go if that happens.  I don't think SLab necessarily have anyone better :1eye but surely she couldn't stay on.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

This is positive but I am more wary of polls now than in the past.  Last GE and Brexit polls show how inacurate they can be.

Surely Keiza will have to go if that happens.  I don't think SLab necessarily have anyone better :1eye but surely she couldn't stay on.

Ipsos were never really friendly to the Yes side in their polling. The fact that it's commissioned by STV should indicate that it's a reasonable snap shot of where we are at the moment without too much manipulation.

The headline is of course the 50% who now back Independence. But for me it's the other info contained in the poll like women and over 55's still favour the Union. That's our target audience for indyref2.

On the local elections, I'm convinced Kezia is still staying as leader to take a bullet for the team. Anyone brought in now will take a hammering in May.

Kezia will take the blame and then move over for Anas.... 

1 hour ago, jupe1407 said:

More Labour misery. DELICIOUS.

8 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Tick tock

The fact that Slab still have no idea how to deal with the yellow tsunami and still can't get past SNPBAD makes their demise all the more delicious.

They are a shower of miserable, pathetic liars in their final death throes.

Archived