We Need to Talk About Angus

1 hour ago, BLADES MAN said:

Instead of merging clubs, why not get rid of the ones who have been in administration? That would please Ann Budge and get rid of a fair few clubs. Next get rid of the ones who are not in Scotland. 

Cunning - but returning to counties we used to be part of Berwickshire so that'll see us OK.

We could also merge clubs playing in similar strips? An added benefit would be that their fans might not even notice. Dunfermline Athletic, St Mirren, Elgin and Queen's Park (ok their fans would have to squint) could form Dunmirren City Park FC. Colourblind followers of Berwick could provide fertile ground for attracting new supporters.

56 minutes ago, MOFOREVER said:

Quite agree, Hamish is a legend and was in great form as usual at Edin City last Saturday. Every club should have a 'Hamish.'

Is he the nutter that sings by the pie shop?  Sure I heard him giving a rendition of "hello, hello" the other week.

Cunning - but returning to counties we used to be part of Berwickshire so that'll see us OK.

We could also merge clubs playing in similar strips? An added benefit would be that their fans might not even notice. Dunfermline Athletic, St Mirren, Elgin and Queen's Park (ok their fans would have to squint) could form Dunmirren City Park FC. Colourblind followers of Berwick could provide fertile ground for attracting new supporters.

I suspect you don't understand how colour blindness works. Mind you, I distinctly remember Berwick singing they were black and gold while playing in a black and luminous yellow strips so maybe it is me that doesn't understand it!

Decision time, which stadium in Angus should survive for the new merged team.
I vote Forfar.

I suspect you don't understand how colour blindness works. Mind you, I distinctly remember Berwick singing they were black and gold while playing in a black and luminous yellow strips so maybe it is me that doesn't understand it!

I vote Forfar.

It's already been requested that the Superteam wll be playing somewhere in Fife. Central Park sounds nice.

14 hours ago, Ray Vaughn said:

I vote Forfar.

New location in Friockheim with parts of all 4 grounds moved brick by brick and rebuilt. Brechin's big stand behind one goal, Forfar's terracing behind the other and the main stands from Gayfield and Links Park along the sides.

The pitch from Gayfield to be used for the new stadium, Montrose's plastic pitch to be used as a training facility and the Glebe Park turf to be used to grow turnips to be sold out of a wheel-barrow on matchdays.

Edited by Gordon EF

14 hours ago, Ray Vaughn said:

I vote Forfar.

Forfar! f**k off, it must be Gayfield

2 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

New location in Friockheim with parts of all 4 grounds moved brick by brick and rebuilt. Brechin's big stand behind one goal, Forfar's terracing behind the other and the main stands from Gayfield and Links Park along the sides.

The pitch from Gayfield to be used for the new stadium, Montrose's plastic pitch to be used as a training facility and the Glebe Park turf to be used to grow turnips to be sold out of a wheel-barrow on matchdays.

For heavens sake! Won't someone please think of The Hedge!

Could Berwick not merge with Newcastle & Sunderland colts?

Sorry on the App. Not got a clue how to edit.

ETA surely Angus Athletic playing at Forfarshire Google Stadium. We'll just get straight into the CL. No point playing diddy teams like Celtic and Morton