SummerSlam 2016

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye, after getting caught in a potential drug suspension by USADA, Lesnar will risk going into business for himself against a guy who WWE feel they can still market. It's not the first time Lesnar has cut someone with the elbows "by accident" and won't be the last. It gives him an unreal aura. He'll get the usual fine for it, and a pat on the back along with it for a job well done.

Going to have to watch it again later. Laying there watching AJ Styles vs John Cena... next thing I know I'm waking up in the middle of Holy Foley. Wish I had a nap when I got in from work now :lol:

Seen a picture of the Universal title, not a fan at all. Looks like a toy. Bring back the Big Gold Belt

Not sure where they're going with Lesnar. He easily destroyed Ambrose, now the WWE champion, at Mania, and last night battered Randy Orton to f**k with little difficulty. He annihilated Cena at Summerslam a couple of years ago.

So what can they really do with him now? He's a Raw guy, so who's going to buy that Balor would really be any match for Lesnar now?

Not sure what to make of last night's show. At its best it was excellent - the AJ Style-Cena match was great fun and it really looks like Big Match John's reached a crossroads (nice touch with him laying the sweatband in the middle of the ring) - and there were other highlights including Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho, Seth Rollins and Nikki Bella, but this was countered by an awful lot of strange stuff and at times it was pretty rubbish.

The worst match of the evening was probably Ambrose-Ziggler, the crowd sounded flat throughout, the women's title match was painful to watch, Jon Stewart's segment was terrible and the Lesnar-Orton match was just too wacky. DA Baracus above me has called it right - where can you take Brock Lesnar after that? Who can they set up as a legitimate threat to him? I think they've painted themselves into a corner with him.

I'm pleased to see Finn Balor is the champion, he's got a lot going for him and looks tremendous, but my God is he boring. Poor promos and the same moveset. I know that's not necessarily the be-all and the end-all (Stone Cold Steve Austin had about three moves) but when it's just dropkick after dropkick it gets a little tiresome.

Watched this earlier after hearing things had picked up lately... it was as dire as ever.

Cena match was good and that was about it.

Fin Balor I had never heard of nor seen before but didn't strike me as a wwe main event guy with that gimmick. He's just an athletic boogieman. 

Had also heard and read that the women's wrestling was good... Charlotte Flair nearly killed that other burd! Horrible botch in that one.

Brick Lesnar was as boring as he's always been. 

Enzo and Cass reminded me of the NAO a bit. I liked them.

3 hours ago, We Are Pars Fans! said:

Poor show. Liked Ambrose but feel he has been a shit champion, looks like a step to far.
AJ Styles is fantastic

Ambrose needs to get shot of that clothesline off the ropes - last night's was ridiculous with him traveling halfway across the ring back and forth while Ziggler stood there looking like a complete fanny and not defending himself.

It was a pretty underwhelming show overall. Cena v Styles was by far the best match on the card. Got to say, since I started watching wrestling again properly about 4 years ago Cena has had a bit of a rollercoaster but I think in the last 18 months or so he has had some tremendous matches. I didn't really see much in Styles when he first arrived but he can be really great.

Ambrose v Ziggler was very poor and there isn't any real chemistry in the ring between the two of them. Rollins v Balor was decent enough but it could have been so much more with those two involved. 

The end of the Lesnar v Orton fight was ridiculous and as DA pointed out what is the actual point in Lesnar if he just totally destroys all the top guys in the company? Fans will soon get bored of it.

Cena looked magnificent last night as usual, although I'll never understand what his issue is with falling backwards? You know what I'm talking about, that awkward twist and turn he does whenever somebody kicks him away.

It's a weird selling quirk with him. No different to Ziggler with a monkey flip or Rock with a stunner.

57 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

The end of the Lesnar v Orton fight was ridiculous and as DA pointed out what is the actual point in Lesnar if he just totally destroys all the top guys in the company? Fans will soon get bored of it.

Apart from the screwjob finish against the Undertaker where he tapped him out and it wasn't spotted by the ref, he hasn't physically lost a match in over three years. Every time he hasn't won it's been due to someone else being pinned in a triple threat.

He's now getting to the stage where they should be really pushing someone new to the top by getting the clean 123 on him. Owens and Nakamura are really the only guys you could make a point for believably hanging with Brock.

24 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

He's now getting to the stage where they should be really pushing someone new to the top by getting the clean 123 on him. Owens and Nakamura are really the only guys you could make a point for believably hanging with Brock.

If they cut back on the comedy stuff (as entertaining as he is) with Owens and just had him go on a run going through all the top guys, I reckon they'd have a belter. Owens has said before that he's a "prizefighter" and Bork has said the same thing. Sadly, as Owens is a beardy type with a slight belly, I don't see the rocket up the arse push whilst Vince still has final say.

Nakamura I could see having an absolute war with Lesnar. The guy can take brutal punishment and also hand it out on a par with Brock. Again though, I wonder if they'd feel that they could promote him as an elite level star. He's hugely charismatic but I don't know that his English is at the level where he could regularly be on the stick. Maybe if he had a mouthpiece to give most of the chat for him but again, who is there that can talk like Heyman?

Samoa Joe could be a contender aswell but he might be in the same field as Owens what with being a bit of a Portly Peter.

Goldberg has just had surgery has he not? I reckon they're trying to build towards that as a one off.

Alternatively (Now this is an awful idea - but I wouldn't put it past them) they're building Brock to be the ultimate bad ass until Taker has his final ever match at a Wrestlemania (Not necessarily the next one) where he'll bow out with a win.

I'd prefer a young star to get put over Brock but I reckon they'll milk him as being the baddest dog in the fight until he's done in UFC.

Archived