Heart of Midlothian V Celtic 07/08

Hoping for the Kitchen talk to be nonsense and him to be fit and Watt to start and finally give us something up front, even with them I'd settle for a draw but am fully expecting us to get pumped. We've got a potentially horrible start to the season, need a (unlikely?) win out of the first three fixtures or pressure really is on Neilson and I'm not convinced he's got what it takes to get the fans back onside.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sammon's probably a decent player. But when the service he's getting is lofted crosses 4 ft over his head whats he meant to do? The one half chance he got against the pub team from Malta and it was in the net. It's the midfield thats out of balance. If there is no movement then its impossible to drag defenders out of position. Rherras looks like a good outlet at left back. I'd be tempted to cash in for Paterson now his contracts running down and find a replacement.  

31 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

Sammon's probably a decent player. But when the service he's getting is lofted crosses 4 ft over his head whats he meant to do?

I've only seen Sammon twice for us in the flesh, and once live online - in all three games, there were perfectly decent crosses for him to go and attack, which, for reasons best known to himself, he didn't, despite having enough muscle to make his presence felt.

Really looking forward to this,hopefully will get a ticket.

Usually take a draw at Tynie as a good result but given their lolocaust of an exit in Europe the other week Im expecting a win.

Tempting fate on 2 counts type post.

Feeling a 2-0 hearts win. Think we'll be better than most are expecting after having the past weeks to gel in training. Hopefully something clicks. 

A Watt/Sammon front line with Walker in behind and a midfield 3 containing Cowie instead of Buaben and if fit Kitchen. Would be my preferred lineup. 

On 1 August 2016 at 17:05, Falcor Roar said:

Sammon's probably a decent player. But when the service he's getting is lofted crosses 4 ft over his head whats he meant to do? The one half chance he got against the pub team from Malta and it was in the net. It's the midfield thats out of balance. If there is no movement then its impossible to drag defenders out of position. Rherras looks like a good outlet at left back. I'd be tempted to cash in for Paterson now his contracts running down and find a replacement.  

Sammon is awful.

On 1 August 2016 at 17:40, paranoid android said:

I've only seen Sammon twice for us in the flesh, and once live online - in all three games, there were perfectly decent crosses for him to go and attack, which, for reasons best known to himself, he didn't, despite having enough muscle to make his presence felt.

This, his goal was a cross he didn't have to move for and was unmarked. Rossi and Paterson both put great balls in the if he'd attacked he would've scored. He never gets away from his marker or attacks the ball.

Hopefully he gets the usual treatment most of our new players get after a year when Neilson and Levein realise that what has been pulled out of their transfer tombola is in fact pure dog shite.

10 hours ago, Aylo vanal said:

This, his goal was a cross he didn't have to move for and was unmarked. Rossi and Paterson both put great balls in the if he'd attacked he would've scored. He never gets away from his marker or attacks the ball.

It was only us that saw them, m8.

Archived