Heart of Midlothian V Celtic 07/08

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And no work permit yet for the big Norwegian/American laddie.

Probably no Juanma either if there's any truth in the rumour that he's been training with the development squad.

My guess is that it'll be Sammon up front with Watt in behind him - wouldn't be my choice, but that's my guess.

Fully expect the Paterson to Celtic rumours to resurface later in the week.

Something like:

Hamilton

Paterson - Souttar - Rossi - Rerrhas

Walker - Buaben - Djoum - Nicholson

Watt

Sammon

Subs: Noring, Smith, Cowie, Zanatta, Muirhead, Oshaniwa, Godinho

We haven't played a game since we played Birkirkara, which is two full weeks - we 're going to get bent over here.

9 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

And no work permit yet for the big Norwegian/American laddie.

Probably no Juanma either if there's any truth in the rumour that he's been training with the development squad.

My guess is that it'll be Sammon up front with Watt in behind him - wouldn't be my choice, but that's my guess.

Fully expect the Paterson to Celtic rumours to resurface later in the week.

Something like:

Hamilton

Paterson - Souttar - Rossi - Rerrhas

Walker - Buaben - Djoum - Nicholson

Watt

Sammon

Subs: Noring, Smith, Cowie, Zanatta, Muirhead, Oshaniwa, Godinho

We haven't played a game since we played Birkirkara, which is two full weeks - we 're going to get bent over here.

Buaben & Djoum in CM gives me the fear.

I think Watt will be up top and the middle of the park will be Buaben Cowie, Djoum and Walker in behind in the middle.

Hamilton

Paterson Souttar Rossi Rherras

Buaben Cowie Djoum

Walker

Watt  Sammon

2 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I think Watt will be up top and the middle of the park will be Buaben Cowie, Djoum and Walker in behind in the middle.

Hamilton

Paterson Souttar Rossi Rherras

Buaben Cowie Djoum

Walker

Watt  Sammon

I'd prefer that - harsh on Nicholson, mind, as he was the guy who showed most against Birkirkara.

I'd also favour Muirhead over Sammon, who has shown very little so far, even if it is very early days - at least Muirhead has shown some desire, urgency, and hunger.

For a guy who clearly has a bit off muscle, Sammon has no presence, and his movement is woeful.

2 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I've actually had it with Buaben now - he's been a 60/40 signing - ok most of the time - it's time he had the talk, so we can get someone in who can actually create something.

Tend to agree with that. Gets caught dwelling on the ball too often for my liking.

Just now, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Pumped in all likelihood.

Would pick Nicholson, put Walker in behind Watt and play Buaben wide right with Cowie in beside Djoum if Kitchen doesn't make it.

Sammon shouldn't start

Seems about right - many might question whether Watt could play up front on his own - he'd be more effective than Sammon would, imo.

Folk thinking we'll play more than one up top. :lol:

The shitebags didn't do it against a Maltese pub team, so they certainly ain't going to do it against the rhats. It will be Sammon up top on his own getting the ball launched at him until Watt is given a wee runabout at the end when the game is over.

It will be the usual park the bus and hope for a point nonsense that will see us savaged and lose by at least two. Fucking Buaben and Cowie in the centre but nope, we don't need improvements in there apparently. Brutal.

3 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Folk thinking we'll play more than one up top. :lol:

The shitebags didn't do it against a Maltese pub team, so they certainly ain't going to do it against the rhats. It will be Sammon up top on his own getting the ball launched at him until Watt is given a wee runabout at the end when the game is over.

It will be the usual park the bus and hope for a point nonsense that will see us savaged and lose by at least two. Fucking Buaben and Cowie in the centre but nope, we don't need improvements in there apparently. Brutal.

Pretty much this unfortunately. Why do we have so many forwards and brought in nobody creative in the midfield?

I don't think it's really a 'creative' midfielder we need.  It's someone who can run with the ball and win the ball back quickly when we don't have it.  Not saying someone who can make things happen wouldn't help but it's the lack of pace in the middle that's our biggest problem.  Walker, Nicholson and Djoum can all make things happen.

3 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I don't think it's really a 'creative' midfielder we need.  It's someone who can run with the ball and win the ball back quickly when we don't have it.  Not saying someone who can make things happen wouldn't help but it's the lack of pace in the middle that's our biggest problem.  Walker, Nicholson and Djoum can all make things happen.

Djoum seems to struggle to find space when he plays next to Buaben who is too static. We need somebody who can get a foot on the ball and speed things up / switch play forward / offer movement and energy. Certainly more pace would help too.

46 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

Djoum seems to struggle to find space when he plays next to Buaben who is too static. We need somebody who can get a foot on the ball and speed things up / switch play forward / offer movement and energy. Certainly more pace would help too.

I think Watt is quite pacey, and Johnsen is meant to be quite fast.

Billy King is reasonably quick, but...:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, paranoid android said:

I'd prefer that - harsh on Nicholson, mind, as he was the guy who showed most against Birkirkara.

I'd also favour Muirhead over Sammon, who has shown very little so far, even if it is very early days - at least Muirhead has shown some desire, urgency, and hunger.

For a guy who clearly has a bit off muscle, Sammon has no presence, and his movement is woeful.

Aye, tbf I'm not advocating dropping Nicholson, can just see us going for that for a bit solidity in the middle.  Alternatively drop Sammon for Nicholson and get Walker and him around Watt to support.

Ken - someone will have to drop out to make way for cloggers, and Sam is the most likely.

The elephant in the room is Sammon - hardly anyone wants him to start, yet he's one of the players that is most likely to - unless we get clearance for Johnsen.

Which would be nice.

Archived