Motherwell @ Kilmarnock

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, kennysmassiveego said:

You mean the Jamie MacDonald that saved us on 3 occasions 

Lets hope Cerny goes the whole season without being chipped eh 

Cerny's already went more than a whole season without humiliating himself like MacDonald did yesterday.

Just an(other) uncharacteristic error from 2015/16's golden gloves.

30 minutes ago, Firhill Road said:

Cerny's already went more than a whole season without humiliating himself like MacDonald did yesterday.

Just an(other) uncharacteristic error from 2015/16's golden gloves.

I'll take your word for it that Cerys never ever ever let you down ...well done 

On 8/6/2016 at 21:22, kennysmassiveego said:

Well at least we put in a bit of effort today . It was miles better than last week perhaps due to the fact that the opposition was better too.

We are still persevering with the hoofball tactic which when you punt it up to someone as small as Coulibaly will never work out well , he spent most of his time trying to control the Exocets aimed everywhere bar his feet. I felt we improved when Boyd came on and his lay offs made space and brought players into the move rather like McDonald does for the Well Had we been given what was a definite penalty it would have been harsh on Well had we scored 

Nonetheless it wasn't a shoeing so happy days .

Good to hear the board have rejected the offer for Magennis but I suspect it won't hold out too much longer 

Totally agree. I was watching and couldn't help wonder what was being worked on in training all week! 'As soon as you get it lads, shell it to the wee man isolated up font'. At least Boyd was able to make it more difficult for the towering centre halves and we got a wee bit of excitement in the last 7 minutes. 

Felt we were unlucky to go behind when we did, game was pretty even at that point, few chances either side but nothing gilt edged. Great finish none the less.

Felt for wee Taylor, poor throw gifted their second goal which basically gubbed us.

We were pumping the long ball up to Coulibaly all first half and won nothing. As soon as Boyd came on we were winning headers and flick ons. Boyd should've scored as soon as he came on but went for a corner.

From 65 mins on we finally started playing some football. Smith goal is probably the most training ground goal we've scored in ages. Simple passing and moving good cross and good header. build up play for last 20 was good but no final product which is criminal considering how much of a bombscare samson is.

Thomson was disgraceful, best ref in the country my arse. Johnson and ainsworth on their backsides feigning injury any time they can get. Both good players embarrassing themselves but no punishment

Samson batters into coulibaly no penalty but he returns favour by bowling over the ginger ninja. no freekick. Class moment tho. 

Coulibaly gets battered a second couple times and fouls go the other way?!  The head knock was sickening and the well boy was lucky not to get a red imo. I read somewhere he didn't even get the yellow because he got subbed?

Performance was better than i expected to be honest, if we keep up the play we did in last half hour we'll be ok. Well need to hope they keep Johnson and Ainsworth because everything goes through them.

16 minutes ago, PrestersKTID said:

Thomson was disgraceful, best ref in the country my arse. Johnson and ainsworth on their backsides feigning injury any time they can get. Both good players embarrassing themselves but no punishment

Coulibaly gets battered a second couple times and fouls go the other way?!  The head knock was sickening and the well boy was lucky not to get a red imo. I read somewhere he didn't even get the yellow because he got subbed?

Performance was better than i expected to be honest, if we keep up the play we did in last half hour we'll be ok. Well need to hope they keep Johnson and Ainsworth because everything goes through them.

Craig Thomson upset us as well.  Johnson was targeted for constant fouling early on and he took some brutal punishment.  That said he did make the most of it. Thomson ought to have given him more protection.  His yellow card was absurd.  After scoring his goal his momentum took him over the bye line and he celebrated in front of empty seats.  If he was to be booked for that indiscretion then why weren't other Well players also yellow carded?  I'm not sure what Coulibaly incident to which you're referring but if it was to the penalty claim then for once Thomson got it spot on.  Coulibaly kicked out at Heneghan first and thats why the foul was given against him.  Simples. 

Presumably you weren't at the game as you read wrong?  McHugh was given a yellow card.

Over the piece Well deserved the 3 points and had they taken their chances, the scoreline would have been a lot more impressive by the time Killie fought back late in the game. I don't know what relevance Johnson and Ainsworth are to your team.  On Saturday's form Killie will find it tough this season.  Lee Clark's behaviour and comments will not help and only serve to demonstrate that the pressure is getting to him.      

3 minutes ago, Crilly said:

Craig Thomson upset us as well.  Johnson was targeted for constant fouling early on and he took some brutal punishment.  That said he did make the most of it. Thomson ought to have given him more protection.  His yellow card was absurd.  After scoring his goal his momentum took him over the bye line and he celebrated in front of empty seats.  If he was to be booked for that indiscretion then why weren't other Well players also yellow carded?  I'm not sure what Coulibaly incident to which you're referring but if it was to the penalty claim then for once Thomson got it spot on.  Coulibaly kicked out at Heneghan first and thats why the foul was given against him.  Simples. 

Presumably you weren't at the game as you read wrong?  McHugh was given a yellow card.

Over the piece Well deserved the 3 points and had they taken their chances, the scoreline would have been a lot more impressive by the time Killie fought back late in the game. I don't know what relevance Johnson and Ainsworth are to your team.  On Saturday's form Killie will find it tough this season.  Lee Clark's behaviour and comments will not help and only serve to demonstrate that the pressure is getting to him.      

I agree with the celebration thing. Should never get a yellow for that. But he probably should've had one for diving anyway so it evened out. 

Samson came right through the back  of coulibally i felt it was a pen. The later incidents were freekicks that went your way instead of ours. Mcmanus (i think) pulling coulibaly down resulted in a well freekick. bizarre.

I was at the game, i saw Thomson brandish the card but there were folk at game saying he never actually got booked. Second half we could've been a couple more down but for last ditch challenges or ainsworth fluffing his effort. But last 20 or so we could've had a couple of our own just wasn't to be.

I was merely pointing out that without Ainsworth and Johnson you probably wouldn't have won the game. They were the difference between the sides and with teams apparently interested (in Johnson anyway) you're lucky to have them. 

Killie's penalty shouts were pretty desperate tbh, especially the one at the end where the boy Coulibaly clearly tripped Heneghan and they went mental at Thompson for correctly awarding the free kick instead of a penalty.

Can see why they've brought the pitch in to try and help hide the lack of quality in their side, lots of direct long balls forward and scrapping for 2nd balls seemed to be the tactics. Which might have been alright if it weren't for the fact they were punting them up to their 5'8 lone striker who was up against 6'3 Stephen McManus and 6'4 Ben Heneghan.

Actually thought the 2 new guys they brought off the bench in the 2nd half and Boyd were better than some of the guff that actually started. Definitely improved once they were on and actually scored a well worked goal.

We really should have been out of sight by that stage though, Ainsworth's miss was even worse than I remembered. 

8 minutes ago, PrestersKTID said:

I was merely pointing out that without Ainsworth and Johnson you probably wouldn't have won the game. They were the difference between the sides and with teams apparently interested (in Johnson anyway) you're lucky to have them. 

In fairness and with all due respect, I don't think plucking one from the complete obscurity of non-league football, and tying down another who'd had 14 clubs by the time he was 25, and developing them into the players they are, has much to do with luck.

Having watched the Samson incidents back a couple of times on Alba any penalty claim is hopeful at best. He's a bit clumsy but wins the ball cleanly on each occasion. The ball is in the air and I'd 100% be expecting any goalkeeper to come and claim those whether he has to clean out a player (on either side) or not. It's not like he Schumacher'd him

As for the incident at the end with Coulibaly and Heneghan, as Crilly says the Killie player kicks the defender on the knee with his right boot and falls over in a tangle. Hence the free kick going to Motherwell. Whether it was Thompson or his assistant that called it IDK but it was a great spot.

After watching the highlights on Alba - the fact that 1000-odd 'Well fans were crushed into a tiny area of the away end is totally bizarre - especially with the famous "leg room" in that stand. I didn't realise at the time how much of the stand was closed off.

We did it at Fir Park in Craig Brown's time as he felt it would be a disadvantage to the away team having their support stuck up in the top tier of the South Stand and we rightly got universally derided for it - what's Killie's reasoning?

I can't believe that opening one more section would increase the cost/difficulty of stewarding the stand and the number we brought down is consistent with the numbers we bring every season. The unfortunate steward in our bit was reduced to asking people to move so that parents could sit with their kids, etc, making his job harder -just seems senseless...

1 hour ago, PrestersKTID said:

:lol:

"If you didn't have good players you wouldn't have won"

You're right enough, I suppose.

36 minutes ago, Swello said:

After watching the highlights on Alba - the fact that 1000-odd 'Well fans were crushed into a tiny area of the away end is totally bizarre - especially with the famous "leg room" in that stand. I didn't realise at the time how much of the stand was closed off.

I can't believe that opening one more section would increase the cost/difficulty of stewarding the stand and the number we brought down is consistent with the numbers we bring every season. The unfortunate steward in our bit was reduced to asking people to move so that parents could sit with their kids, etc, making his job harder -just seems senseless...

Yes, this seemed downright daft.  Not fair either on those who, although not disabled, have some mobility problems. Saw a few older fans struggling to reach the top.  I don't see what harm there would have been in opening up another 3/4 rows.     

4 hours ago, Swello said:

We did it at Fir Park in Craig Brown's time as he felt it would be a disadvantage to the away team having their support stuck up in the top tier of the South Stand and we rightly got universally derided for it - what's Killie's reasoning?

Anyone in Rugby Park who isn't a Killie fan is essentially subhuman sum and their opinions count for fuckall. HTH

I also enjoyed the post match entertainment of a group of Killie neds trying to start on every well fan walking up towards the station only to be told where to go until finally they found one who was game and knocked one of them out with one punch in the middle of the road.

Archived