General Chatter

Sooky

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The showjumping section of the pentathlon seems to be absolute carnage. Only knocking over 4 fences appears to be a reasonable success.

1 minute ago, HibeeJibee said:

Coubertin created the contest to simulate the experience of a 19th-century cavalry soldier behind enemy lines: he must ride an unfamiliar horse, fight enemies with pistol and sword, swim, and run to return to his own soldiers.

Who grows up and decides they want to be a modern pentathlete? HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN?!

The showjumping section of the pentathlon seems to be absolute carnage. Only knocking over 4 fences appears to be a reasonable success.

They only have 20 minutes notice of the horse they have to use, it's a random draw.

So 2nd place going into the last combined event and start 9 seconds after the first. I have no idea at all if 9 seconds is significant or not. :lol:

1 minute ago, Sooky said:

So 2nd place going into the last combined event and start 9 seconds after the first. I have no idea at all if 9 seconds is significant or not. :lol:

I'm guessing it is as little as a couple of missed shots. I'm delighted by how absolutely fucking bonkers this entire event is. One hour to go til the running shooting, apparently. Looking forward to it.

Archived