Teams you like/ dislike

Just now, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

It does't matter if it was a 'small minority' or 'the entire support',or what the silence is for, it's f*cking wrong. 

It was done to pander to the supporters of one team and was tokenism writ large.  Well done the Hearts fans.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Your Humble Narrator said:

Flip of that is why should we have a minutes silence for state sponsored war criminals?

Whats that you say...where is your proof to back up that claim...the same as your proof about the pope. 

Off you pop theres a good lad :1eye

The Pope apologised for it, you slavering moron!

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

It was done to pander to the supporters of one team and was tokenism writ large.  Well done the Hearts fans.

Absolute shite.

Regardless of what religion he was, he was someone who many people (not me btw) had great affection for.

I strongly feel the decision to have that minute's silence was stupid because it was always going to be abused by some and therefor was ruined for others.

It could and should have been marked in some other way at some other more appropriate time.

Absolutely no excuse for booing.

17 minutes ago, MariusZaliukas said:

Entire Hearts support?

Hardly, it was me and about 20 guys around me.

They lie and make things up it's what they do. The disgraceful Mark Walters banana throwing at Tynecastle is often brought up but the fact it happened at Parkhead previously has been swept under the carpet.

John Wilsons attempted assault on Neil Lennon is often brought up but a quick google search brings up many examples of Celtic fans on the pitch attacking opposition players, brushed under the carpet.

It was a small group who disrupted the minutes silence for the pope but that doesn't fit their lying and making things up.

John Paul II was an awful Pope and a terrible human being. He beatified hundreds of Fascists, covered up child abuse and contributed to the spread of HIV in the Third World.

I quite like the current Pope, he seems to be quite progressive... or at least as progressive as the leader of a global religion can be.

I generally don't see the point in minute silences for foreign heads of state unless they are revered Worldwide (Mandela) or die in tragic circumstances. Which has me wondering... did British clubs observe a silence for JFK?

39 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Absolute shite.

Regardless of what religion he was, he was someone who many people (not me btw) had great affection for.

This was absolutely nothing to do with religion and all to do with one-upmanship and was shameful.  BTW I also held him in esteem.

We also have way too many of these silences and/or applauds.

49 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

This was absolutely nothing to do with religion and all to do with one-upmanship and was shameful.  BTW I also held him in esteem.

We also have way too many of these silences and/or applauds.

Accepted.

But still no excuse for the response from the Hearts fans.

12 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Serious question.

If the Queen had died, would the powers that be be daft enough to expect Celtic fans to respect a minutes silence?

They did with the Queen Mother in 2002, with predictable results.

Archived