Morton v Dundee United - Betfred 2016 1/4 final

banana

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

St Johnstone may have been lording it over Morton for 3 decades now but I can never consider them bigger than us.  

Correct; a better team undoubtedly, but still a smaller one; same as Ross County really. 

Leaving aside the laughable, fantasy island attendance figure given for tonight, we'll utterly dwarf that level of club for a semi-final tie. The Famous' horde will be assembled once more. If we draw Sevco then they'll also see a win. 

On 8/12/2016 at 20:48, vikingTON said:

2-0 to The Famous: O'Ware and Quitongo. Will set things up nicely for our routine 0-1 win in Dundee on the following Saturday.

Didn't account for a consolation goal, but still kenned the score; you're very welcome P and B. 

greggy.png

On 9/18/2016 at 15:39, vikingTON said:

Gunning looked pretty good yesterday: it's a shame that he won't get the opportunity to form a partnership with Bonucci for this one.

2-0 to The Famous: Quitongo and Gunning.

Also pretty much the right call.

greggy.png

7 hours ago, Dr Watson said:

Last Morton win was 5th September 1981 at Cappielow

1-0 Ian Cochrane with the goal.

5 draws and 18 defeats since. :o

Totally irrelevant, 1980s era stats there, you utter tit. 

Needless to say that The Famous delivered, regardless of your nonsense.

greggy.png

Brilliant win. Very good in the first half, Quitongo was fantastic and capitalised on United's poor defence. Oliver played well beside him too. Forbes was key for his involvement in both goals and Gunning was rock solid at the back.

McNeil is a bombscare though. His inability to judge when he needs to come out for the most basic of balls looked like it could've been costly towards the end and even when he didn't need to come out he looked like fumbling it more than once. Still a fantastic win, though. More of that at the weekend please.

McNeil came out for all the right crosses - he didn't always gather them at the first attempt - but he made the right decision every time. Compare and contrast with Gaston's frankly clownshoes efforts from about a month ago. McNeil has more than earned his place in the team now.

When I seen earlier that Gaston was due back soon, my instant thought was "surely McNeil has earned his spot in the XI". Gaston practically begs to be punished every game. I don't exactly feel safe with McNeil in goal but I do feel a bit better about things.

22 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Just over 2,000 for a cup quarter-final FFS. Bet you manage to somehow find 6-7000 for the semi-final :rolleyes:

Honestly though, fair play to Morton. Enjoy getting pumped on the TV by one of the Bigot Brothers.

tbf given their performances in cup competitions over the last 20 or 30 years there's no way they expected to win.

Archived