Morton v Dundee United - Betfred 2016 1/4 final

banana

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, port-ton said:

I'm glad it's this group of players that got to create history for the club and give young and old fans alike the opportunity they've been waiting a long time for, some like me their whole life. 

Not the most talented group of players we've ever had across the board, but their effort and commitment to each other is unparalleled and mixed with some exciting youngsters makes this one of my favourite Morton sides ever, and now they have legendary status to go with it. Even during our poor start to the season and the very obvious shortcomings in the team, the issue with the fans was never about the players, it was about us thinking that the club should have helped them out by bringing in the quality in key areas the squad needed to compliment them and help them grow and flourish. Hopefully the money from the Semi Final allows us to do that now.

Huge credit to Jim Duffy as well. His cup record with us is phenomenal and he's more than made up for the Spartans debacle when it comes to his cup record here.

Also don't begrudge Dougie his time in the limelight for this.All his faults aside, having been a Morton fan his whole life and the owner for a long time now he deserves all the happiness this will bring him. I'm sure he probably thought he would never get another trip to Hampden outside of a Queens Park game again in his lifetime, so i'm glad he gets this chance.

Good post

1 minute ago, ravingarab said:

Can't wait for end of the season when all you lads will be saying how much of a p***k he is

He could walk out of Cappielow with every single ball in the stadium 5 minutes before our final league game giving us a default loss and he'd still be an absolute hero at this point.

1 hour ago, Old Pack said:

Enjoy your Semi, hopefully against us at Tynecastle.

I'll be honest, I will be absolutely gutted if we draw you or Aberdeen as there is a good chance it wont be at Hampden.

Either of the old firm please so us Morton fans can enjoy our day at the national stadium. My wee boy is only 2, but he will be there as it might be another 35 years before we are there again.

One the game, I've gave Duffy stick over his transfer dealings this season but all credit to him for getting a result last night, especially with 3/4 key players out!

Jai Quitongo has some potential. He has scored some cracking goals, great pace, strong, runs his arse off every game, good movement- he could go really far and hopefully we make a good few bob when he does eventually move on. Credit to Oliver as well, he was everywhere and both Jai and Oliver gave their defence a torrid time.

Gunnng was a rock at the back. You can tell he still lacks a bit of fitness. The more games he plays, the better he will become and he will be a massive player for us.No coincidence that since he was signed, we have won both games.

Great night. Shame the crowd was pish, but I would like to think we will bring at least 7-8k to the semi. 

I'll be honest, I will be absolutely gutted if we draw you or Aberdeen as there is a good chance it wont be at Hampden.

Either of the old firm please so us Morton fans can enjoy our day at the national stadium. My wee boy is only 2, but he will be there as it might be another 35 years before we are there again.

One the game, I've gave Duffy stick over his transfer dealings this season but all credit to him for getting a result last night, especially with 3/4 key players out!

Jai Quitongo has some potential. He has scored some cracking goals, great pace, strong, runs his arse off every game, good movement- he could go really far and hopefully we make a good few bob when he does eventually move on. Credit to Oliver as well, he was everywhere and both Jai and Oliver gave their defence a torrid time.

Gunnng was a rock at the back. You can tell he still lacks a bit of fitness. The more games he plays, the better he will become and he will be a massive player for us.No coincidence that since he was signed, we have won both games.

Great night. Shame the crowd was pish, but I would like to think we will bring at least 7-8k to the semi. 

Hampdens terrible

27 minutes ago, Old Pack said:

Hampdens terrible

Its the National Stadium and apart from Queens Park games, we haven't been there in a generation. I personally can't wait to go there if we get the luck of the draw!

35 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

This.

If I was a Morten fan (and thank f**k I'm not) I'd be desperate for a game at Tynecastle.

Hampden is a hole - but having not been there for a proper big cup game in such a long time, it's no wonder this is the preferable option.

Don't get me wrong, a game at Tynecastle is also a strong feature on the bucket list of many of the fans as that is also something that has alluded us for a long time. We'd take Hearts in the Scottish cup for that one though.

Archived