Track and Field thread

lichtie23

I don't remember him doing it today tbh, I'm sure I would have noticed him being a dick.

He looked like the campest wolf (or possibly lion) Iv ever seen.
Feel a bit sorry for him to be honest. Has had an horrendous time with injuries

He looked like the campest wolf (or possibly lion) Iv ever seen.
Feel a bit sorry for him to be honest. Has had an horrendous time with injuries

I watched Jamaica's 4 x 100m relay win in London 2012 again today. Blake's run was absolutely sensational, and, in my opinion, won it for them.

On 15 August 2016 at 01:52, HibeeJibee said:

Presuming it's for North American TV? It'll be 10:25pm local time when 100m final takes place. I don't recall it being so late at London (I was at the Hockey) although it might've been.

Conversely the World Cup was scheduled to suit European TV, with most of the matches on at 5pm Brazil time and 9-10pm in Europe.

In Beijing the swimming finals took place in the morning to suit US TV, which was completely ridiculous.

1 minute ago, sparky88 said:

Conversely the World Cup was scheduled to suit European TV, with most of the matches on at 5pm Brazil time and 9-10pm in Europe.

In Beijing the swimming finals took place in the morning to suit US TV, which was completely ridiculous.

I presume Tokyo 2020 may be filled with terribly timed events?

22 hours ago, accies1874 said:

I watched Jamaica's 4 x 100m relay win in London 2012 again today. Blake's run was absolutely sensational, and, in my opinion, won it for them.

Blake's 100 was the third fastest out of the Jamaicans that day, quicker only than Carter who was the starter. He's only marginally quicker on his leg than Gay, who's running on the lane outside of him.

If you want to see a sensational 100m then watch Asafa Powell's anchor leg in Beijing, I'm sure his split is still the fastest ever run for 100m

Blake's 100 was the third fastest out of the Jamaicans that day, quicker only than Carter who was the starter. He's only marginally quicker on his leg than Gay, who's running on the lane outside of him.

If you want to see a sensational 100m then watch Asafa Powell's anchor leg in Beijing, I'm sure his split is still the fastest ever run for 100m

Seriously? They looked to be a bit behind until Blake took over. Then he looked like a machine to power past the others. I might need to watch it again!

Bolt starts jogging after about 120m, Bolt and De Grasse laughing and joking with each other the last 20m as De Grasse keeps the foot down and catches him. 

ETA. Bolt still managed to run 19.78

Edited by MONKMAN

Bolt starts jogging after about 120m, Bolt and De Grasse laughing and joking with each other the last 20m as De Grasse keeps the foot down and catches him. 

ETA. Bolt still managed to run 19.78

IMG_1471486209.123512.jpg.7b46ac4dc3619e
IMG_1471486217.074707.jpg.fc369414c90fc1

It was nice to see Gatlin make a rip roaring c**t of his race and miss out on the final. Adam Gemili made it in as a fastest loser.

Narrowing missing out on a nice surprise bronze in the hurdles also.

23 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Semenya looks like a man and is questions should be getting asked

The lassie has had to answer plenty of questions, it's not her fault that her body naturally produces testosterone.

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Semenya looks like a man and is questions should be getting asked

Ignorant moron found, her physical appearance is irrelevant.

1 hour ago, ayrmad said:

The lassie has had to answer plenty of questions, it's not her fault that her body naturally produces testosterone.

The subject is still heavily controversial though.  Her form has only recently picked up again, since the CAS overturned a ruling regarding testosterone suppressants until more information is available.  The full outcome isn't due out until next summer, with the IAAF looking to have limits on permissible level limits reinstated.  

It's an extremely grey area with regards to how they go about this, as in Semenya's case, her body exhibits the genetics of both male and female.  The chromosomal makeup can be that of a man, while at the same time showing all the physical attributes ie. reproductive organs of a female.