Oliver Burke

Contra

18 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Are there any transcripts of that night or even a summarising article?  Wouldn't mind a read of it.

I agree that he has to share the blame for our last campaign, I don't agree that he doesn't bother with tactics and just sends out players hoping for the best.

Ah sorry mate, thought it was a direct reply to my post.

19 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Are there any transcripts of that night or even a summarising article?  Wouldn't mind a read of it.

I agree that he has to share the blame for our last campaign, I don't agree that he doesn't bother with tactics and just sends out players hoping for the best.

I'll try look out the few videos I made at the night, mate. Sure they'll be on an old phone. I wasn't allowed to film the interview but I got a few videos of him just talking to the few supporters that were there.

Has anyone born in Scotland ever played for England? I'm sure there must have been someone - can't think of anyone in recent times though.

According to Wikipedia two players have.

John Bain, an Oxford University player played against Scotland in his only cap in 1877.

Interestingly, Tommy Pearson played one match for England in a wartime international as a "guest". He only turned up as a spectator and was invited to play when an England player was injured pre-match.

He had a succesful career with Newcastle and then Aberdeen and played twice for Scotland after the war.

Scottish born Dominic Matteo also represented England at U-21 level before becoming a full Scottish international.

Has anyone born in Scotland ever played for England? I'm sure there must have been someone - can't think of anyone in recent times though.

According to Wikipedia two players have.

John Bain, an Oxford University player, played against Scotland in his only cap in 1877.

Interestingly, Tommy Pearson played one match for England in a wartime international as a "guest", also against Scotland. He only turned up as a spectator and was invited to play when an England player was injured pre-match.

He had a succesful career with Newcastle and then Aberdeen and played twice for Scotland after the war, making him the only player to play for both nations.

Scottish born Dominic Matteo also represented England at U-21 level before becoming a full Scottish international.

12 minutes ago, resk said:

Peter Nicol IMO.

You just know Strachan will start with James Forrest, and Burke and Snoddy will be on the bench. Guy's a fucking moron.

Has Strachan ever benched Snodgrass before?

Forrest is in the form of his life right now, so it's not even like he'd be a bad shout.

By all means rage over mythical team selection a week before the team is even announced though, suit yourself

1 minute ago, MarkoRaj said:

Has Strachan ever benched Snodgrass before?

Forrest is in the form of his life right now, so it's not even like he'd be a bad shout.

By all means rage over mythical team selection a week before the team is even announced though, suit yourself

Am I allowed to rage over Strachan's past team and squad selections though? That cool with you yeah?

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It would make a lot more sense than getting raging over something that hasn't (and probably won't) happen.

Ok... We'll see. 

But judging by his past selections, I reckon there will be a few cock ups come kick off. Hope i'm wrong, mind. Forrest will start ahead of Burke.

4 hours ago, Underpants Gnome said:

Because it's kind of true... Strachan is tactically moronic. I went to the 'Night with Gordon' thing they had on at Hampden when he first became Scotland manager. Someone asked him what his prefered way of playing is and he replyed with "Just however the players play on the day. I just send them out. They know their jobs." He has no plan what so ever. The players must go out there feeling proper confused.

Strachan is slagged on here for not calling up youngsters. He called up Burke last season when we didn't really know a lot about him, lo and behold he's had a belting start to the new season and earned himself a huge move. Now people are saying stuff like ah Strachan won't even play him when it was Strachan who had belief in the boy in the first place. Incredible.

Strachan is slagged on here for not calling up youngsters. He called up Burke last season when we didn't really know a lot about him, lo and behold he's had a belting start to the new season and earned himself a huge move. Now people are saying stuff like ah Strachan won't even play him when it was Strachan who had belief in the boy in the first place. Incredible.

Its because Strachan has form for being stubborn and making bizarre selections. He called up Robertson which was great but then dicked him about and dropped him for mulgrew and forsyth. He picked forrest when he was horribly out of form and yet dropped anya v roi. Hes given plenty of ammunition to his critics during last 18 months. Using friendlies to give game time to players not good enough to play for their clubs and actually publicly stating this was daft. It might feel harsh to those who like Strachan but time and again he has left himself open to criticism.

Its because Strachan has form for being stubborn and making bizarre selections. He called up Robertson which was great but then dicked him about and dropped him for mulgrew and forsyth. He picked forrest when he was horribly out of form and yet dropped anya v roi. Hes given plenty of ammunition to his critics during last 18 months. Using friendlies to give game time to players not good enough to play for their clubs and actually publicly stating this was daft. It might feel harsh to those who like Strachan but time and again he has left himself open to criticism.

Is it not pretty obvious why he brought in Forsyth and Mulgrew for that game though? It back fired because Forsyth had a shocker.

Yeah but look at Forrest now, he's had a great start to the season. Strachan has stuck by Forrest (much to my frustration too) but he is now showing why he should be getting picked.

There's plenty of things to slate Strachan about but hypothetical nonsense about Burke not featuring at all is pretty mental.

Is it not pretty obvious why he brought in Forsyth and Mulgrew for that game though? It back fired because Forsyth had a shocker.

Yeah but look at Forrest now, he's had a great start to the season. Strachan has stuck by Forrest (much to my frustration too) but he is now showing why he should be getting picked.

There's plenty of things to slate Strachan about but hypothetical nonsense about Burke not featuring at all is pretty mental.

True enough regarding burke but i can see why people dont have faith in Strachan getting selection correct. We will have to wait and see how it goes but i think Strachan has very little credit in the bank for a growing number of fans. A couple of good selections n 2 wins will help that....but if not then i think he will be under severe pressure