Eh Classico Rovers vs Pars

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wish there were more mascots like him, people are so easily offended these days. Paisley Panda was another lunatic in a suit having a laugh. Rory Rover is a bit too tame a lion IMO.

He was legendary back in the noughties. He doesn't do anything now. Back in the day he would always do a wee routine or a wind up. Now he just runs on the park with the ball boys.

4 hours ago, DAFC. said:

He was legendary back in the noughties. He doesn't do anything now. Back in the day he would always do a wee routine or a wind up. Now he just runs on the park with the ball boys.

Did he not sledge down the Norrie on a tea tray at one point?

One of the most comforting sights as a Pars fan is winning at Starks and seeing all the wee team fans sobbing as they walk up Pratt Street. Glorious.

Should be a tight game. It was a good result for Rovers at the weekend, while we gave the best team in the league a game in Edinburgh. I wouldn't read too much into either of our opening games as anything other than three points would have been very poor.

A point is a decent result for both sides but would prefer a 6-0 rout by the mighty, mighty DA. 

It's pretty cute to be fair seeing the Pars fans so excited about away days at Easter Road and Stark's Park. I remember our return to real football matches too and it was exciting stuff.

Hopefully not a repeat of the 0-2 thumping we gave them at EEP when it was our return. Never good to play an underdog so early in the season.

I'm pretty confident about this one. Dunfermline have very little up front and are suspect at the back. I can see us scoring a few.

On a side note, Hibs look totally dreadful this season. I wouldn't use playing well against them as evidence of you being any good.

I can remember once at half-time in a game against Kilmarnock back in 2002, he ran onto the pitch with a ball and scored into the net at the away end, proceeded to goad the away support which induced so much seethe and rage from the away fans. You could see the poison [emoji23] All because a big bear put a ball in the net.

I'm pretty confident about this one. Dunfermline have very little up front and are suspect at the back. I can see us scoring a few.

On a side note, Hibs look totally dreadful this season. I wouldn't use playing well against them as evidence of you being any good.

Hibs will win the league fairly comfortably, Raith fans on the other hand seem fairly confident about this game based on wins against Ayr and St Mirren.

I'm not sure how this will go, last year we had allot of teams trying to hit us on the counter but by and large it never worked all that much, BRE has many failings but he is a big Athletic guy who can cover ground very well. Raith of course will be a step up from that though.

I'd be content enough with sitting fairly deep and getting forward quickly, if we press high and let McManus in behind it'd be suicidal, try and isolate that M'Voto, not enamoured with him.

M'Voto is a strange one.  Nobody is convinced by him yet (including me), but he hasnt actually done a huge amount wrong really.  Looks awkward and clumsy, and has been caught in possession a couple of times, but nothing daft. 

Best thing for us would be for Pars to come out and attack, if they sit in and frustrate then it could be a tough one. 

Just now, dafc_lee said:

Hope we get a striker in before this game. Also another question is who's going to be our cbs since Ashcroft should be back from suspension then we have BRE or Fordyce ??

I think we'll stick with Fordyce and BRE. Anything to promote a bit of familiarity and consistency with the keeper/CBs. Can see this being a prime game for a Moff goal. 

Archived