Eh Classico Rovers vs Pars

56 minutes ago, dafc_lee said:

Hope we get a striker in before this game. Also another question is who's going to be our cbs since Ashcroft should be back from suspension then we have BRE or Fordyce ??

Will be interesting to see what the manager does. My feeling is that he'll bring Ashcroft back in alongside BRE.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really need to get this thread kick-started. Photos of turds may be high banter in the Seaside league, but this is the Championship. I expect better.

We are the undisputed big team in Fife at the moment and have been for years now. League placings don't lie.
Hopefully we can rise to the occasion on Saturday and demonstrate our superiority.

Who will Vaughan, McManus and Barr be tormenting on the day? I'm not up on Seaside league defenders.

Did Roary not get sent off for hurling abuse at the ref?

That was against St Mirren. Think he wagged a finger at a Buddies player who was shouting at the linesman, (or something like that) and the ref gave him a red card.

I appreciate his facial expressions can't actually change, but I'm adamant he looked utterly dejected with his dismissal.

4 hours ago, Andy C said:

The Pars defence looks very slow.

If we counter attack as quickly as we did on Saturday this could be an absolute humping for the creditor shafters.

Would say that's a poor observation. Our defence is actually pretty quick.

In a strange situation where we have 3 centre-backs who are excellent and playing well, genuinely no problem with whoever starts there on Saturday.

Think Martin his definitely done enough to keep his place ahead of Talbot. Williamson and Higgy will take the piss out of whichever jokers are on the left for the Rovers.

Looking forward to Geggan nailing someone after 30 seconds, perfect game for a 30-yard howitzer from him imo.

I reckon 4-0 pars, Reilly double, wee Jo mazy and a Geggan thunderblaster.

35 minutes ago, Raith25 said:

Bene to boot someone, M'voto to kill someone and McManus and Barr with the goals, piece of piss

It's a shame Dougie Hill's not about to strangle anybody anymore. Can't even rely on Davo for that stuff these days, he's mellowed a wee bit in his 30s. 

7 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Opinions re dropping Lennox if Cuthbert is fit?

We have too, nothing against Lennox but Cuthburt is the number one and should remain so until he does something to lose it. 

I'd put Cuthbert back in.

I think he's a better keeper. I'm not 100% convinced with the defence yet. I think we have the potential to ship a few goals. Cuthbert would give me a bit more confidence.

I reckon there will be plenty of goals on Saturday as both teams look good going forward but have suspect defences.

17 minutes ago, Raith25 said:

M'voto would bring BRE to his knees

M'voto seems a sizeable unit but BRE has form for dishing out the right handers, be it team mates or folk that look at his tattoos in nightclubs.

Archived