Eh Classico Rovers vs Pars

You can't deny Dunfermline is a bigger club than us. More fans, better ground and a bigger name in Scottish football but doesn't change the fact that I feel we have a better squad and should win on Saturday

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pars are a bigger club, probably always have been. Never understood guys getting upset at the 'wee team' jibe. I quite like it. Even tried to start a 'We're just a wee team' chant when we were destroying them a few years back.

Fell on deaf ears, of course.

You lot can say what you want, i just don't wash and you know it.

This is about the level of #bants we are at, right?

Anyhoo, the game itself. After the close season mockery surrounding Gary Locke's appointment, I'm pleased for him at the start we've made to the league campaign, but this will be the first real test. I predict a nervy, low scoring affair.

1-0, just not sure which way!

LCFC are a wee team. But they are EPL champions. Size of support or ground etc doesnt make a team big. Its performance on the park that counts. In reality all teams in our division are wee teams so live with it guys and get back to talking about saturdays game.

7 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

How any Rovers fans can possibly claim to be even coming close to as big as Dunfermline is beyond me.

When a team outnumbers you and you are at home, that's when you know that team is significantly bigger than you.

It's akin to Hamilton claiming to be a bigger club than Hibs :lol:

You have never seen your team beat one of the old firm in a national cup final, and you never will. Even the wee team managed that ffs :lol:

No matter how many fans they bring, this generation of Dunfermline fans will never ever experience what Rovers fans did in the 90s.

Might be a smaller club, but certainly more successful in my lifetime with regards to trophies.

I'm genuinely staggered that the 'wee team' jibes produce the level of unadulterated seethe they do. It's staggering. 

Christ, it's even got Rovers fans trying to rub the League Cup in our face. The League fucking cup :lol:

Rovers fans may be the most fickle in Scottish football. A support full of fair weather, knickerwetters. You were all bitching and moaning when Locke got the job and now he's had one decent win you're giving it big licks? Of course if we win on Saturday he'll be a clown again. 

We were all bitching and moaning when Locke got the job 3 months ago. We've all been impressed with his first 3 months in charge though.. I honestly don't see the problem there?

10 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

You have never seen your team beat one of the old firm in a national cup final, and you never will. Even the wee team managed that ffs :lol:

No matter how many fans they bring, this generation of Dunfermline fans will never ever experience what Rovers fans did in the 90s.

Might be a smaller club, but certainly more successful in my lifetime with regards to trophies.

Oooft. Going back over 20 years looking for any crumb of relevance.

Just now, Rovers1992/1993 said:

We were all bitching and moaning when Locke got the job 3 months ago. We've all been impressed with his first 3 months in charge though.. I honestly don't see the problem there?

Yes, that would be the fickle nature of wee team fans I was alluding to. Well done on keeping up kiddo.

I'm genuinely staggered that the 'wee team' jibes produce the level of unadulterated seethe they do. It's staggering. 

Christ, it's even got Rovers fans trying to rub the League Cup in our face. The League fucking cup :lol:

^^^team has just won the Seaside League title. At the third attempt.

7 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

I assume you've f**k all else in your life other than hating DAFC?

What a fuckin drama queen.

Can I therefore assume that you're a thick c**t for making moronic assumptions?

I was merely pointing out that the Pars will always be remembered for fucking over creditors.

Shameful actions by a horrible club.

We're not bragging about that. We're certainly not bragging about it TWENTY YEARS LATER.

What has there been to brag about?

You've only won lower league titles. Suppose you could do a vikingTON and bring up the Scottish Cup wins from black and white telly days. That helps him cope.

Archived