Match of the Day Thread 16/17

nelsjfc

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

Raheem Sterling throwing himself over looking for a penalty emoji23.png

When I was watching that I was wondering why the ref didn't stop play and award Burnley the free kick for the dive. Then I remembered it was Raheem Sterling so that was never going to happen. And Pep is a twat.

The 'retouching' of the commentary tonight on (correct me if I'm wrong) WBA's second goal was an absolute fucking disgrace. 'Goal!', '2-1 to West Brom' etc, etc, followed by exclamations of 'clearly over the line' and such. Even though it was literally (Ha!) a bawhair over, to the naked eye it didn't look in, and the referee (with the goal line technology) hadn't awarded it yet.

• 4 weeks later...

The BBC make a big thing about clubs not taking the FA Cup seriously then send out their own reserves on MotD. A new woman commentator (not Jacqui Oakley), Martin Fisher (who said that Wolves first scorer was "Wolves born" - maybe he was the inspiration for the Jungle Book?) and Ivan Gaskell who I'd assumed retired years ago. At least they didn't ignore the protests at Blackburn v Blackpool (although when did the camera move to the Walker Steel Stand?) and didn't go all Police Scotland at the Lincoln pitch invasion.

Lukaku when he's in this mood! His third was wonderful.

He's almost unplayable when he's like that. Always feel there's more there though.

Was hoping Barkley missed that after the celebration [emoji1]

He's almost unplayable when he's like that. Always feel there's more there though.

Was hoping Barkley missed that after the celebration [emoji1]

Love it. It reminded me of Zerouali when he scored against Hibs in a 2-0 win. Celebrated before the goal had gone in after the Hibs Keeper had gone up for a corner. He never actually shot.

Archived